Bookit.com / customer service agents give bad info - you end up paying for it

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Bookit.com's customer service agents gave me wrong information about the pricing because they are SO MISLEADING wiht how they advertise their prices. When I tried to get them to do something about it, I was put off for several months leading up to my trip. Right before we were ready to leave, one of the managers told me that they would comp one of my tours to make up for the inconvienence and wrong information I had been provided and then never followed through with that. FLAKES... FLAKES... FLAKES...

Ra

Comments

• Je
      29th of Apr, 2009

Totally agree. I called them about their ticket policy for Mexico travel after US government issued travel warning against swine flu. Three of the reps told me I could cancel without being charged a fee. I thought it was too good to be true and even better than what the airline offered at the time. I confirmed with them time and again (to the effect of "are you sure what you are talking about?) and got repeated and definite "yes's." So I went ahead and cancelled and was told the refund would be back to my name. After a few hours I didn't get the confirmation email and called again when I tried to confirm the "no fee" part with a supervisor. It was here problem arose. I was told I would be charged $100-$200 cancellation fee and that, according to the note their reps took of their conversations with me, they had given me all the "correct" info (by reading the voucher)! Fortunately they were not very efficient in processing my ticket cancellation, so I stopped it. But what if I didn't call again and waited till the cancellation went through with a charged $200? Who would pay for their misinformation? And they only believe the notes their reps put down of what they said to me. Even the reps did realize their info was wrong, they didn't bother to correct it with me (they had my phone number and email in their booking records), but just put a "revised" version of what they had said. In a word, their being unprofessional will cost customers money, trouble and anger.