[Resolved] Booking.comwrong confirmation date on booking

Today I made a booking through bookings.com for 29 Nov 2014 for The Cabanas Resort at Sun City as we are going to watch a show at the Super Bowel on this date. After doing an availability search on the date that i wanted I selected the book this room button & went through the payment process. Once the payment verification was done I received a confirmation only to find that the date was booked for 29 Dec 2014. I immediately called them to notify them of the mistake. They said they are not aware of any glitches in their system & they can not change the dates because the venue was fully booked on the 29 Nov 2014. They also said that if I wished to cancel the booking for the wrong date that I will still be charged the full price due to it being a special price offer. I will never make use of their services again & will never recommend them to anybody.

• Resolution statement

• Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Oct 30, 2014

Hello Desiree,

I am sorry to hear about this. I have located your booking and I see that you selected a Non Refundable policy which does not allow changes nor cancellations. My colleagues have contacted the hotel on your behalf as it is their own policy and not Booking.com's but unfortunately they were unable to allow the changes. I will try to reach someone else at the property and will send you an email to follow up shortly.

Regards,
    Lissa
    Booking.com Customer Service Team

De
Oct 30, 2014

Comments

• Jw
      Jun 23, 2016

This same exact thing just happened to me, and customer service told me the same exact nonsense. Your website is misleading consumers, making them think they are booking for a certain date, and then ooops! Guess I just didnt think such a big company would need to mess people over like that. I will also never use booking.com again. My birthday weekend is ruined thanks to their sneaky tactics.

• Na
      Jul 05, 2016

They did that to us too we 2 booking and not just one. They said the same nonsense to us after we called to cancel... they didn't do a thing about it.
    Worst company ever! They frame people with prices and dates. Don't ever book a thing from this company because they rub you and I'm taking this to court!

• Da
      Sep 04, 2016

Same problem for us. We booked a hotel at niagara falls for the labour day weekend and didn't notice wrong date on the confirmation. We searched for the correct date and the website showed a very competitive price and we booked immediately. We showed up at the hotel and they said it was booked for a night 3 weeks away. Booking.com is a scam! I would never book again from this website.

• Yi
      Apr 30, 2017

i've got the same situation as well! Suppose to book a hotel on 25 June at easy hotel london but they got me the wrong date. I've tried to call the customer service but they just told me that they will send an email to the hotel and seek for refund but they never get back to me. When I called them and asked again they just told me that it is non-refundable. I will never use booking.com again. This is going to be my first and last time!