Booking.com / unauthorized credit card charges

I had booked two nights through booking.com in Austin, Tx. When I arrived the first night the hotel had no record of me in their computer system. I showed her my confirmation email from booking.com and they were able to get me a room anyway. She told me that booking.com had called them and told the hotel they relocated me to a different hotel for the second night because they were overbooked and had no rooms for my second night. I called booking.com and they said they had no record of this. To me this is highly unprofessional from both the hotel (best wester plus Austin central) and booking.com. No one ever tried contacting me and I had to show up to the hotel to find out I didn't have a room at the hotel I booked weeks in advance for for either night. They were just putting the blame on each other. While I was on the phone with booking.com they booked me a super 8 hotel in Austin, Tx for the second night which I was already upset with but the best western plus had no rooms. When I went to checkout the next day the best western plus said they did have me in a room for that night so I stayed there and booking.com cancelled my reservation at the super 8. A week later I see a $143 charge on my credit card for a Rodeway Inn in Austin for the night that I stayed at the Best Western Plus. When I called booking.com to dispute this they flat out told me there was nothing they could do about it because they never made that reservation and they do not have my credit card information to give to the hotel that it must have been Best Western Plus when they relocated me. This seems ridiculous to me because I have to give my credit card information when booking the hotel on the booking.com website. I then spoke to the Best Western Plus and they have no record of giving my credit card information to Rodeway Inn and making a reservation for me. Well someone did and someone is lying to me about it and it cost me a $143 charge to my credit card. When speaking to both places they both told there is nothing they can do for me because neither one made the reservation. Well I certainly did not make the reservation and never gave them my credit card information. Needless to say I will never use booking.com again or a Best Western Plus and it is extremely unprofessional to just blow off someone like me who has this charge from somewhere and say you didn't do it and just blame each other. Both will be reported.

Mj