Booking.com / the cancellation process
My husband and I made reservations at 2 different properties and opted to get the less expensive option knowing if we cancelled they would keep our money paid ahead. Little did I know at the time of booking that we would be faced with a medical diagnosis of bone cancer a week before our departure...my husband was in perfect health at the time of booking. I submitted a request for a refund or a credit for possible rebooking in the future but it was denied (giving specific reasons for the cancellation ) so they got $600 from us plus a cancellation fee. Now my husband has no pay check for 3 months, I am on social security and we will now be responsible for paying our health insurance premiums for the next 3 months until long term disability kicks in. I will never use this service in the future and will pass this onto family and friends to steer clear of this company.
More Booking.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Booking.com - never give your credit card details to booking.com 
- [Resolved] Booking.com - scam 
- [Resolved] Booking.com - bad service 
- [Resolved] Booking.com - to cancel hotel reservation 
- [Resolved] Booking.com - defamatory review 
- Booking.com - privacy statement
- Booking.com - refund promised — never received!
- Booking.com - apartment in nyc changed to a much lesser accommodation
- Booking.com - overcharged b&b maglo centro, bologna 1612.127.546 reference
- Booking.com - announcement of swimming pool opening