Booking.com / poor service

SPRINGS, South Africa

Re: booking [protected] (pin 3799) cancelled by bookings.com
I would like to draw your attention to the following:
My travel agent, ms. Lydia norval of reynolds travel, made and paid for this booking on 18 september, 2017, with a policy of no cancellation.
On 27 june, 2018 at 12:57, she received notification via email stating that 49-flat paris menilmontant was unable to accommodate my reservation due to water damage???. The booking was for 28 june 2018 at 16:00. I was due at the airport at 16:00 on 27 june, 2018 to catch my flight to paris, leaving me 3 hours to find alternative accommodation. To find and secure accommodation at that late stage was virtually impossible.
An hotel was proposed by booking.com as an alternative for me, but was unacceptable. I needed an apartment as my family was a party of 6 people, so that we could cook our own meals. We could not afford to pay for hotel or restaurant meals for 3 nights in paris (8 meals)!
Ms. Lydia norval searched for an apartment in paris, but none were available at the last minute at an equivalent price as it is high tourist season. The customer service agent who attended to the problem could also not find a suitable apartment. We thus booked an apartment at citadines place d'italie paris which was the best option we could find given the circumstances and at the last minute. The cost was 1243 euros.
After many phone calls and uploading information, I finally received the refund 11 weeks later.
I would like you to give this matter urgent attention. My booking was no cancellation policy. The apartment cancelled and I had to pay extra to find alternative accommodation at 3 hours notice. I would like the difference paid to me for the citadines apartment which accommodated me and my family at the last minute.
I cannot be expected to pay for a service that was denied to me, this is unethical business practice. Please respond urgently, and please note that I am expecting a full refund of the amount paid for the accommodation denied by yourselves under booking [protected].

Ly