Booking.com / identity theft

1 United States

On 26DEC2017 (us eastern) saw a charge from booking.com for a hotel in Europe. I proceeded to call my bank and report fraud and cancel the card. My fiance, who's card number was stolen then called bookings customer care. They said they would see about canceling it and call back. They took her name and number, along with her email to send the original conformation email. That email was in italian. The next day, we called and was told that they never contacted the hotel but would now and would call us back. Today, 28DEC2017 (EST), we called again. This time she was told that the hotel won't cancel and if they do, we owe the cancellation fee, plus a 200 dollar fee to bookings. She got off the phone and I called. I spoke to Hercules, who told me the email, name and phone number are hers now, so it's not fraud any more. He also informed me that they remote accessed my "IP address" and it will match.

So now it's not only identity theft and fraud, but your company is profiting from the fraud. This is unacceptable. I have already filed with the European better business bureau. And to have your company be complicit in frauding anyone is reprehensible.

Jw