Book It.com / miss leading advertising / refund still outstanding

1 Panama city, FL, United States Review updated:

Do not fall for the scam at book it.com. I was searching for a good hotel for a disneyland trip 2010 spring break. I fond the hotel which was great, but then I tried to find it at lower price and got taken in by book it.com. I called the hotel after making my reservation through book it.com, just to confirm my reservations. However much to my surprise I was told by the hotel chain that they know longer do bussness with book it.com. When I asked why? I was told because of numerous complaints.

I immediately requested a refund (The same day) Its now been 3 weeks, a dozen phone calls totaling 6 hours on hold. I finally submitted a fraud claim with american express to get my payment back. I caution you do not use this agent!!!

Pd

Comments

• Th
      8th of Jul, 2009
    Book It.com - Terrible Experience!
    Book It.com

DO NOT book your vacation through BookIt.com! We booked in march for our vacation in June. We traveled from Michigan to Kissimmee, FL. When we arrived at the address of the place we were to check in and receive our keys - IT WAS BOARDED UP AND FOR SALE!!! Here we were, on a Sunday evening (4:00pm), with our 5 children (who were miserable from the drive across the country), in the middle of a "much less than desirable area" with NO ONE to help us. We called BookIt.com multiple times only to be transferred or disconnected. After 4 1/2 hours of begging for some type of help from them they managed to find us another location where we could pick up our keys and check in. They said it was "right around the corner" but it was AN HOUR away!! This was THE WORST EXPERIENCE I have ever had to deal with for a vacation.

• Ca
      23rd of Sep, 2009

THAT IS BULLSH**T

• Bo
      8th of May, 2012
    Book It.com - reservations
    book it.com
    bookit.com

My sister and I booked a trip through book it.com to Charleston, SC. We had our reservations with them since February 2012. The first week of May we receive an email stating that we do not have reservations and that the hotel will not honor it since book it is not with this specific hotel. Yet we have an email confirmation since February stating we do. Book it stated on the phone that they have tried contacting us since March regarding this problem. I have never received anything from them until May. They never tried to call me. They want to send us to another hotel that is far away from where we wanted to be located. (crappy hotel for the same price...thanks) So, now we dont have reservations with the hotel and prices went up $200.00 for the stay. The hotel won't help since we never had reservations with them. So now I am out of $200.00 and i can wait up to three weeks to receive my money back from book it. Never again. Do not use book it.com for any reason. stay away from them. I talked to the headquarters of the hotel and they even said there is a reason we do not deal with book it. That they will not deal with book it. They should not be in business at all. Stay away.

• Ya
      10th of Jul, 2012
    Book It.com - reservations
    South Carolina
    bookit.com

Do not use this travel business, needed to cut my stay short for couple of nights, tried to contact 3 days before my original reservation ended, website doesn't work, stayed on hold for over 30 minutes, and finally gave up!!! Guess I will just loose two nights. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!