Bluemountain.com / Refund needed from blue mountain cards online

I see I am not the only one to deal with this problem of bluemountain.com. Unbeknownst to me, they charged my paypal account for a renewal that I didn't want. I have exchanged much email with paypal and finally, blue mountain to receive a refund of my 15.99 charge and they refuse to do it. To me this is unethical and fraudulent. when i went to check my account and remove my info so they could no longer charge me, while waiting for the refund, i saw that the paypal option was way way down on the screen and so i thought the checking account and charge accounts were black and couldn't be charged.

at first there was no email address to ask for the refund. finally when i called their phone number they supplied, there was no way to get through to a person.

in googling, i found without looking, at least one other person with my same problem. i am sure there are hundreds and even thousands more that are being bilked by an autho-pay system that they never asked for. i have dealt with this company for years and have had few problems staying for free or as a paid member. of late, they refuse, repeat refuse to work with the customer at all after numerous requests.

i recommend that you as customers stay away and if anyone can help me, i would so appreciate that.

if bluemountain replies they will put a canned letter and not mention how i tried to stop the paypal payment and their system did not allow me to do that. they will not mention no attempt at any time in the last two months to help me, nor how they didn't even have an email address for weeks and how their phone system is only automated so doesn't work for the customer.

Be

Comments

Ka
  29th of Apr, 2009

I completely sympathize with Ben. I signed up for a free one month trial and was charged after 7 days with their monthly fee of $4.99. I sent an email (because that was what their automated phone service said to do) to have them correct this and after 48 hours (which they claim is their maximum time for a response) no response. I dialed their automated customer service and after going through almost all the menu options I finally got a hold of an agent. He said that I must have signed up for their 7 day free trial. I asked him where on the sign up page does it have a 7-day trial. He told me that he didn't know what I saw on that day but that is what I signed up for and there is no way he could give me a refund. I asked for the supervisor and after a 10 minute hold I was told by this same agent that I will get a refund for the latest charge. I think the bait-and-switch is completely unethical. They are a part of American Greetings card companyor AKA AG Interactive. If that is the kind of business they do I will no longer spend my money even on their greeting cards in the store. I also recommend filing a complaint with bbb.org. They are members:
Good luck, I'm waiting for my refund...

Bl
  7th of May, 2009

I am having a problem. I am having a free membership which will be due in the next days. but I want to withdraw from this membership. I gave the paypal information but when going there there is no info about bluemountain. And no information neither on bluemountain. So where do I erase or delete the possibility to renew payements to bluemountain? There must be a place for doing this? it is getting on my nerves as I do not want to be member. thank you

Na
  3rd of Jul, 2011

YOU CAN GET THROUGH TO A PERSON! You just have to be persistent. When you call, the chief purpose of the automated system is to get you to hang up, but if you choose the "technical help" option and then choose the last option from there ("something else") and THEN choose "agent", you will get through to a person. Getting your refund at that point will still require you to fight tooth and nail and you will have to speak with a manager. Apparently the operators are trained to refuse refunds at all costs. I had to call back twice because at first they gave me only a partial refund, although they had promised me a full refund. These guys are liars and crooks. GET YOUR MONEY BACK! IT CAN BE DONE!

Pa
  1st of Feb, 2012

i was checking my account because i knew i was low on money, just wanted to be sure i had enough to pay my bill, and i didn`t. this company blue mountain cards had taken money from my bank account and i have never even heard of them much less signed up with them. i am a older women that has to have her money just to pay her bills. now there isn`t enough money in my account to pay my bill and i will be charged 35.oo because it isn`t in there.
i can not get anyone on the phone justa computer that asked questions that i have no answer.

Pa
  1st of Feb, 2012

why are you taking this old woman`s money? i have never heard of you. much less be a member.you had better refund my money NOW!!!