Bluegreen Vacations / unethical business practices!

1 IL, United States Review updated:

Bluegreen is not an ethical company. They lie and have not kept their end of the bargain. Their company is no better than a pyramid scam. They take our money and then rent out our condos to non-owners. They also do not have condos. We stayed at their "Brand New Property" that we are deeded to in marathon keys and it was a renovated hotel. No condo, no resort there.
We have seen our maintenance fees go to over $1000.00 per month and no one can provide me with an itemized list of what the fees go to.

We had an appointment to meet with them they called me three times and emailed me once to make sure I was there on time. I got there on time and was told they did not have anyone who could see me.

I am sick of them and want some justice.

Comments

• Lo
      10th of Apr, 2008

You have a choice of over 40 resorts to use your points at
    MF are not $1000 per month ther are a flat $290 + 0.033 cents per point per year.

Marathon has studios, 1bed apartments and 2 bed apparments.

5th of May, 2008

I have never heard of someone paying over $1000 a month in MF. You are as full of BS as what you are writing.

• Ro
      5th of Nov, 2008

I'm pretty sure that she meant $1000.00 per year. Still outrageous by any standard- not to mention club dues and the actual cost per mth. of the timeshare (probably financed through Bluesh*t at 15.9% interest) Yes, it is far too much to pay for ANYTHING no less a vacation.

And as stated in the lawsuit- why is anyone with a checking acct. and a pulse eligible to purchase?? There is no credit check of any kind run on ANYONE who purchases these "points" WHY???

Well, my guess would be that MANY of the potential customers would not qualify for the purchase in the first place. I know that if I were offering a service to the public at large I would run a credit check to make sure that my customers could actually afford what I was selling- And so would MOST companies.
    This is the reason they ask what your annual income is before being invited to a sales presentation. They think that just because a couple or individual makes over $50, 000 per year that they can afford to spend tens of thousands of $$$ on a TIMESHARE.

Nevermind that their mortgage pymt. is $2, 000.-$4, 000. a month and all of their bills practically exceed their income with their credit cards all maxed out.
    Bluegreen thinks hey- they make 50k pr. yr. -they can afford this.

And let's be honest here folks, you should know what you can and cannot afford.
    Now the way you were lied to and taken advantage of is not right, and please don't misunderstand what I'm saying here. But, you must take at least a little of the responsibility here. After signing on isn't really the time to figure out that you can't afford it!
    However, I'm not giving Bluesh*t a pass here. The way they market their service violates MANY consumer protection laws. Please go to my earlier posts to take a look at an abbreviated version of the lawsuit filed by the Atty. GENERAL in PA.
    Then tell me if anything sounds familiar??