Blue Green Resorts / misinformation

My husband and I had went to the state fair last year and he had entered us to win a free trip. A few months later he had received a call saying that we had won two free trips, one to Orlando and one to Hawaii. The first one to Orlando was to be 7 days long. They had asked him for a deposit of $398 on the spot. Not being that bright he paid it. I told him that he should never pay for something that is free, but I guess a little late. We scheduled the trip and later got a confirmation book and slip stating all the benefits we were to get. On the slip it said the trip was for 5 days instead of 7 and also that we were to pay for the airfare and extra for the hotel stay. We decided that we were going to postpone the trip being that financially we hadn't known what we were getting ourselves into when we booked it. When we tried to cancel we left several messages and had gotten no return calls. Now we missed the trip because we were unable to reschedule and also are unable to take it when we can afford it. It would be very nice to get some sort of reply about this. I do suppose that we could get a package bundle for less than what we would pay from them but we already have $398 into their company on a non-refundable deposit.

Mi

Comments

• Ri
      12th of Jun, 2009
    Blue Green Resorts - Scam????
    Blue Green Resorts
    Orlando
    Florida

i recently booked a vacation with Blue Green, after reading all the complaints i am worried about going on the trip in July. Please provide feedback with your thoughts. thank you

• Eh
      24th of Jul, 2012

DON'T LET THEIR ASSOCIATION WITH BASS PRO SHOPS FOOL YOU. EXTREMELY DISHONEST. WE PURCHASED 14, 000 POINTS EVERY OTHER YEAR. LUCKY FOR US IT IS EVERY OTHER YEAR. THEY DON'T MENTION HOW ONE CAN LOSE POINTS IF THE $34.99 POINTS PROTECTION PLAN IS NOT PURCHASED WHEN MAKING A RESERVATION. THEY DON'T MENTION THAT FOR BONUS POINTS RESERVATIONS YOU ARE ONLY ABLE TO MAKE THE RESERVATIONS 45 DAYS IN ADVANCE AND NOT AT ONE'S LEISURE LIKE MENTIONED IN THE SALES PITCH. THEY DON'T MENTION A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF FEES TO BE ABLE TO SAVE POINTS OR USE POINTS IN COMBINATION WITH BONUS POINTS (CASH) RESERVATIONS. EVERY TIME WE CALL OWNER ASSISTANCE WITH RESERVATIONS WE GET ANOTHER STORY OR LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT WE ARE NOT ABLE TO DO. DURING THE PRESENTATION IT IS DIFFICULT TO KNOW THIS BECAUSE YOU ARE TOLD OTHER WISE. IN ADDITION, THERE ARE FEES ON TOP OF FEES. IN OUR PRESENTATION WE WERE INFORMED THAT MAINTENANCE FEES FOR THE FIRST YEAR WERE COVERED AND THEN WE WERE BILLED AND WERE UNABLE TO USE OUR BENEFITS UNTIL PAID. BLUE GREEN RESORTS SCAM LIKE ALL OTHERS. AGAIN, LUCKILY WE ONLY PURCHASED EVERY OTHER YEAR. I WILL BE FILING A COMPLAINT WITH BASS PRO SHOPS AS WELL!!! NOT THAT ANY OF THEM COULD CARE.

25th of Jul, 2017

@EH2112 You can contact me at 704-800-6742 to try to help you get out of contract