Blockbuster / unauthorized charge on my credit card

1 CA, United States

I signed up for "Free" month-long trial. I returned DVDs to local store and then I cancelled at end of the free month. I received an email confirming the cancellation.
Blockbuster didn't erase the movie queue they'd had me set up, and sent another DVD after the cancellation. I took it back to the local store, unopened, and handed it to a clerk, explaining the situation. Now, about six weeks since the cancellation, I returned from a two week trip and went through a pile of mail, finding still another DVD from Blockbuster. I took it to the local store, unopened, and explained the situation to the clerk. She was not surprised, saying they must be behind back at the shipping area. She asked if I'd been charged and I said I had not (or so I thought). Then, returning home to my pile of mail, I found my Visa bill, showing a $16.08 charge from the day the cancellation was to have been effective. I called the number shown in the description area for the charge on the visa statement, and after a 20 minute call with a rep, Zan, that was difficult to understand, was told the best he could do was a half-refund. I insisted on speaking to a supervisor and that person, Johnny, refused to refund anything at all. He said my account had been reinstated (not by me!) and since I'd still been sent disks I should have known that was the case.
Obviously, I regret ever having dealt with a company that must rely on theft in order to stay in business.