Blink Fitness / They take cancellation fee if you want to cancel the membership before its expiry date

1 78-14 Roosevelt AveJackson Heights, New YorkUnited States Review updated:

I have attended Blink Fitness and had the membership in their fitness club. Couple of months ago I warned them that I would cancel their membership soon, because I would move into new apartment. The manager told me that they would return some money back and he asked me to come when I would be ready to cancel the membership. After the cancellation, this company charged me twice and it turned out that it was cancellation fee. But the manager hasn’t informed me about it before.

Re
Nov 12, 2015

Comments

• Na
      28th of Jan, 2016

Same problem
    They charged me three time after canceled

• Ri
      8th of Feb, 2017

Blink is full of ####. I called blink customer service and they told me that I would have to either cancel through mail or go to one of their members clubs to cancel. When I went to the location they told me I had to pay $30 to cancel, I told him I'm not paying that and I would cancel my credit card so they can't charge me every month. I then contacted member service again and they told me the cancellation fee was $60 they need to get their story straight which one is it?

• Tc
      7th of Jun, 2017

Sigh. So, here's the deal with Blink/Equinox Memberships. The Gray is the one that gives you privileges at just one location...the other plans give you access at other locations, say near your office and home. Here's what's in plain English on the website:
    1.) If you cancel, by signing up, you already agreed to give them 45 days notice...so they can charge you two months membership if you cancel after the 15th of the month, since they hit you up on the first.
    2.) Blink charges an Annual Overhead fee, that goes to the operating budget and maintenance. Depending on when you cancel, (say after your anniversary) they can legally hit you for that on the way out.
    Read your contracts before you sign, people!

1st of Aug, 2017

Blink Fitness customer service are liars. Each person gives you a different cancellation fee, pro-rated fee etc. When I signed up, I was not told that a $60 fee would be charged if cancelled prior to a year even though I asked all those questions. This is a terrible way to conduct business. Face the reality of these scammers as the majority of people do not read those electronic agreement that they have you sign. The customer service staff are liars and deceitful. I would not recommend this gym to anyone. I also plan on making a complaint to the better business bureau.

• Ba
      16th of Mar, 2018

@Mala52 I agree with all of these posts. Blink Fitness has horrible customer service skills. They are only out for profit and do not care about their customers that bring them the money-AT ALL!!!

• Sn
      13th of Sep, 2017

They emailed me and said that they would cancel my membership as a courtesy and when the first came they charged me $60. I have been emailing them (because there is no # to call) and still no response. I am taking it to the BBB and they will be giving me my money back.

• Sn
      13th of Sep, 2017

I had an issue with them and they stated they would cancel my membership as a courtesy and still charged me on the first. I have been emailing them every day and still no response and am told there is no # to call for member services. I'm ready to show up at the member services office on park avenue as well as complain to the BBB

• Ba
      16th of Mar, 2018

@snoflake40 You should!!! I plan to file with the BBB also. Go to Yelp too—that’s the only thing that actuallly affects their sales.