Menu
reviews & complaints
Blink Fitness company logo

Blink Fitness

16 E 4th St, New York, NY, 10012, US
Learn how the rating is calculated
2 complaints
File a complaint Write a review
Working hours
ComplaintsBoard
G
12:27 pm EDT

Blink Fitness - Hip thrust

The manager isn’t allowing anyone to do hip thrust on the bench press. This is the ONLY blink location with this restriction. The only gym in general that has this restriction. I’m training for a competition, she is hindering me with this silly restriction that she alone has come up with. I’ll have to take my business else where if this doesn’t change.

Desired outcome: We need to be allowed to do Hip Thrust on the bench with the bar, like everywhere else that doesn’t have an actual hip thrust machine. AND NO, The smith machine will not do! It isn’t the same.

Read full review of Blink Fitness
Hide full review
ComplaintsBoard
G
4:46 pm EST

Blink Fitness - An employee of the blink located at 16e 4th st attacked me.

It never happened to me. In fact, this is certainly rare. Please pay attention as I think this is "white supremacy in action" as I am not exactly black, but I am not white either. This is one of those New York stories that could lead to a more serious problem, since, I think, the employee that I am going to talk about and "was able to portray", has a violent character and basically cannot be working where he is working. He practically attacked me this morning.

The gym at 16E 4th St in Manhattan. Tuesday morning, around 10 a.m. When I arrived, this employee, judging by his manners, attitude, and the way he looked at me, was already angry. I said hi, and he proceeded to ask me if I had made a reservation. Do I have to have one? I said. I have a green membership so I had attended other Blinks, but not this one since COVID. He said I needed a reservation to get in. Use the app, he said. Always rude. There was no one around. I had not heard anything about it, not even by email and when I told him, he replied that "not all Blinks have the same regulations".

I said, okay, and I left the 1st floor, but when I was about to leave the premises I thought something was wrong. I felt bad, so I went back and asked his name.
Coincidentally when I came back there were 2 girls with him covering the entrance, he didn't want to give me his name, he didn't even want to explain why this was happening. I asked 4-5 times for her name, but he didn't give it to me. So I proceeded to take a picture of him with the girls on the side. Attached.
Can you see this guy? Tough guy, right? After taking his picture he decided to follow until the stairs, ready to beat me up, although the 2 girls next to him managed to stop him. There was also another girl (no uniform, maybe the manager), right next to me, trying to stop the guy and then when he left, asking me what happened. So I explained a bit to him and left. I just wanted to leave.

I then went to the Gym in Chelsea and while getting inside without problems, as usual, I kindly asked the clerk if there was any policy on making reservations at Blink prior to arrival. She explained to me that due to COVID, if the Gym is a bit crowded (or something like that), you can wait outside in line (I saw it before) and wait for a customer to exit the Gym so you can enter.. And that the App is good to make reservations on that matter.

The male employee in the attached photo should not have that job. Please do something about it before something more serious happens. However, for your information, I must tell you that I will have to post this information on various social media.

Read full review of Blink Fitness