Bissell, Inc. / Job Offer

on 6/15/15 I received an email from Nancy Nelson claiming to be HR for Bissell, Inc. She indicated my resume had been viewed and they would like to proceed further with an interview. She indicated I needed to download the Yahoo! Messenger and speak with the "Hiring Manager" Victoria Luckett (luckettvictoria@yahoo.com). I already had messenger, so I hopped onto one of my unused accounts and began chatting w/ Ms. Luckett. She indicated this was an at home online position, with flexible schedule paying $45 per hour. She stated the first week would be training and paid at $35 per hour. She also stated the top four people out of 16 teams would be promoted to the office and given a car, a house, while making $63, 000.00 annually. I inquired as to the payments because $45 per hour at 40 hours per week for 12 months is approximately $84, 000 annually. I asked why I would want to go from making $84, 000 working from home to $63, 000 a year working in an office. Her response was only "correct". She stated the company was doing this to make the citizens proud and have good income to take care of their families. I inquired about equipment I would need to be able to work from home and she stated the company would provide all the equipment I would need. I inquired as to what equipment I needed and she stated we would discuss it further once I accepted the position. I asked if there was benefits such as health benefits, PTO, tuition reimbursement, 401K - her response was "yes" I asked if she could elaborate more such as how many PTO days, what kind of tuition reimbursement, how good was the health care, etc - she stated they would discuss it further once I accepted their offer. Many of the questions I asked of her were open-ended questions but a lot of the responses I got from her were "yes or no" answers. When I asked her to elaborate, I kept getting answers such as "it would be discussed further once I was hired". I did not let the conversation go any further so I am actually unsure of exactly what their end game is. I told her I wanted a little time to think about it and discuss it with my husband. She stated I had to make a decision ASAP or there was a possibility the position would be given to another candidate. I advised if that was the case, then so be it, but I wanted time to think about it. I advised her I would be in contact within 12 hours. She never responded to that. When I googled her, I wasn't able to find much. I did contact Bissell to inquire and spoke with Leann in their HR department. She did confirm for me that they do not have a Nancy Nelson in their HR department nor did they have any work-from-home positions with their company.

Ch
Jun 15, 2015

Comments

• Ac
      6th of Jul, 2015

The exact situation happened to me minus the online interview today.