Bidz.com / over charging

NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 919-217-8085

This is a copy of the complaint I sent to Bidz:

Sir, concerning my winning bid, #[protected]. Why am I being charged an "auction fee", of $1.11, it wasn't here earlier today when I tried to pay for this item and your system told me my credit card was not good. Also, why am I being charged sales tax of $3.04, when the tax rate should be on $37.00 only @ $2.49. As I figured it, the shipping and auction fee are taxed! You're only suppose to legally tax sale items. I want the ring but I will not be over charged! I will be reporting your sales and billing practices to our Department of Revenue.

Comments

• Bi
      Jul 28, 2011

Dear Richard,
    The reason you were getting charged the transaction fee on your second attempt to pay and not on your first is that recently we have had a technical issue that caused the 3% fee to not apply to orders at random. We sincerely apologize for the confusion and inconvenience this technical issue may have caused you. Bidz does charge tax on the total of the order (merchandise price + shipping price + transaction fee) which I can assure you is legal. By law you can charge tax on services provided (such as shipping and delivery). In case you do not agree with this statement and would like to provide feedback you may contact us directly to do so at [protected]@bidz.com and we would be more than happy to assist you.