Bidz.comcompany logo

Bidz.com
reviews & complaints

Bidz.com
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

2 68 complaints
25 resolved 43 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Bidz.com reviews & complaints 121 - 68

Bidz.com complaints 68

Bidz.com - scam and fraud!

I started following Bidz.com thinking the merchandise and the return policy were on the up and up and easy as so many on-line services are. The pictures of the jewelry are enhanced in color and size...

M
Apr 27, 2008

Bidz.com - scam artist seller

In 2006, I won in an auction from Bidz Israel, what was described as a silver and peridot necklace. The item didn't arrive within a reasonable amount of time and so I contacted the seller to ask for tracking information for my shipment. He gave me a phoney tracking number, so I contacted him and let him know that I was unable to track the item. He asked me to give it another week or two and to contact him again if the necklace hadn't arrived. Two weeks later, I still had no necklace, so I contacted the seller. He didn't respond, so I went to apply for a refund from PayPal. It turned out that this scammer used delaying tactics, knowing that I would not be able to receive a PayPal refund, since the transaction by this time was more than 6 weeks old. I contacted Bidz to make a complaint, and what did they tell me? To contact the seller! The seller by this time was no longer responding to my demands for either a refund or a new item to be sent to me. To be honest, I don't think there was ever an item to begin with. I lost nearly $100 on that scam. I don't expect restitution at this point, but am just writing this to warn others. Also, I purchased what was described as a gemstone necklace made from "gemstone chips" of citrine, peridot, etc. What I got was a colored glass necklace, which faded after two years of use - not worth at all what I paid for it. I have received some nice items from Bidz, but now will never do business with them again for their lack of vigilance for scammers on their site, and the questionable quality of their products.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your purchase and we offer our sincere apologies that you were unsatisfied with your experience. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback seriously. As a result of feedback like yours, we have made some changes to improve our services. We are sorry that it took some trial and error and that you feel you were mistreated. Fortunately by submitting this comment, you have helped us make a change for the better. We sincerely thank you for your input and would like to hear from you regarding this post or any other concerns at [email protected]

X

Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities and by flooding the directors of bidz email boxes.

The Los Angeles Police Department. [email protected]

Auctions Manager / Vilius Zukauskas. [email protected]
Don't bother with customer services, there's a contradiction in terms. Go directly to the top people and flood their email boxes.

Don't forget, when approaching the authorities, where you can, provide any evidence you have. Emails, photographs, copies of bidz web site pages, anything that might be relevant. Join me in a campaign to bring these fraudsters down, it is time we did.

And I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

I have done business with bidz.com many times. I have never had a customer service issue, because I have never had to contact their customes service department. I have always recieved exactly what I was told I was getting, and recieved my items in a timely manner. I work in a very labor intensive job and wear my engagement ring every day and have not had any problems with it (e.g. stones falling out, scratches), it is as lovely as the day it was purchased 2 years ago. My experience has been that bidz.com offers quality products at reasonable prices, I buy several pieces from them each year and have found that it is a excelent way for someone of limited means to build a nice little jewlery collection. I am going to post this on all the complaints against bidz.com as I think that people should hear another side of the story, so I have covered some problems not mentioned in this post.

I was completely scammed out of any merchandise at all!!! BIDZ.COM and the seller are one and the same person, amazingly enough and I was told I had to send the money TWICE because it did not register in their system the first time. I refused and was told that I would neither receive a refund or the merchandise if I did not comply with their demand of sending it again. It's a complete and total scam outfit & I am demanding action be taken by the attorney general - there are way too many complaints out there for nothing to be done.

They spam craigslist using auction.ult5.com and jewelrybidsite.com. They violate craigslist's terms of use forbidding listings of online auctions.

Bidz.com is like gambling, I have received broken items and items different from pictures. However, I have been lucky enough to get a few items to make the experience worth it. So if you can afford to loose a few bucks, bid. But if you and your money need each other, do not patron the bidz.com website.

Bidz.com - conspiculously deficient of quality

I saw adverts for bidz dot com all over the net and thought that I would check it out. I googled it to see if I could find any negative implications but all that came up was more ads. I totally got duped I believed the 100% risk free auction. In any event once I received the packages I took one of the bracelets out of the package (supposedly a gold/ruby diamond bracelet) and my boyfriend started laughing! He said that it looked like bronze and the rubies didn't even look real. It was very light and there is nooo way that it is worth the $2000 retail they advertise. Honestly it was truly embarrassing to show my purchased jewellery to friends and family when they prompted me to see it. Everyone that saw it said that it looked fake cheap and truly; like jewellery compatible of a gumball machine. In total I purchased two bracelets and three rings. I paid nearly $1700 I may have well flushed my money down the drain. Every single piece was defective as the gems fell out merely by handling them. Quite honestly the next time I attempt to check a business credentials I'll put fraud/scam in the toolbar beside the name. I think bidz dot com has so many different adverts on search engines to bombard the consumer and sway possible negative ads from being foreseen. I only hope people will see comments such as these before thinking about purchasing from these scam artists.

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time in providing feedback regarding your purchases and your experience at Bidz.com. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback and suggestions seriously. You may always contact us directly for any assistance by phone, email or bold chat. We have revised and updated our policies to improve and provide 100% satisfaction to our customers. We stand by our merchandise 100%. In case you receive a defective item or an item not as described, you may return for a full refund. We do apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had at Bidz.com. We hope you will take the time to visit our site again to allow us to provide you with excellent service.

We sincerely thank you for your input and would like to hear from you regarding this post or any other concerns at [email protected]" Someone advised me, via telephone, that he will not assist me further. Do you consider this as customer service?

Dear Customer,

I AGREE< they tell you its worth a enormous amount of money, and its worthless, especially when the stones fall out when you open the package, or how about the color and quality they state it is... FRAUD I am joining the few who dare to go against such a bogus business. Claudia ... you are a scam ARTIST

The Los Angeles Police Department. [email protected]

Nov 17, 2008

I received my jewelry today in three bags. I was very disappointed by the poor quality and tiny size. I won a bid on a
ring that said compare to $2, 200. I intended to sell this ring to pay for the smaller ones. The topaz necklace was so small when I pulled the tiny chain and pendant from the plastic bag, the pendant fell on the floor and I had to use a magnifying glass to find it. I feel sick about all of the jewelry I cannot give such poor
quality jewelry as Christmas gifts. I want to return the necklace
as it is such poor quality and so tiny but can't find the RMA # and can't retrurn it until I can find it. To say that I wish I had my
$600.00 back is a major understatement. I think the whole company is a rip-off and will tell everyone I know not to deal with such a terrible company.

Dear Jasmin,

It is very unfortunate to see that you have not been satisfied with the merchandise that you ordered.

We do guarantee a 100% Risk Free Auction. We do have restrictions in place. If you are not satisfied with an item you may return it, you must return it within 15 days of the delivery date, restrictions do apply and they are all disclosed on our website.

If someone is interested on placing a bid, we always recommend that they read the entire description, as the description has the most accurate information. We recommend that a customer does not place a bid based on the image. We provide the image so that the customer can have a better idea of how it may look.

Bidz.com - corrupt company!

Don't buy from Bidz.com - their so called return policy is a joke and they send you absolute GARBAGE!!! Here is my situation: I purchased a three stone diamond ring that had a 'compare to' price over...

Jan 21, 2008

Bidz.com - return items

In general, the items from them are not high quality. The chains offered with the pendants are very thin--you can’t use it. The earring I brought was sent not a pair. So I returned it. I didn't get the full refund because they didn't see the problem even I told them what to look (they both for one side), they said they didn’t see the problem(it’s a pair). So I had to pay unfair restocking fee and couldn't get the shipping refund according to the policy, I had spend two hours talking to the people on-line (they don't talk to you through phone call) I wish I had taken a picture of the earring, but I thought even a kids can see it's not a pair---all unexpected happened. I have brought other items from them too. They were just not as good as you expected. It’s hard to return them because it cost you big. I am quitting visit the site and advise you look carefully before you buy any item from it.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your purchase and we offer our sincere apologies that you were unsatisfied with your experience. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback seriously. As a result of feedback like yours, we have revised our return policy . We are sorry that it took some trial and error and that you feel you were mistreated. Fortunately by submitting this comment, you have helped us make a change for the better. We sincerely thank you for your input and would like to hear from you regarding this post or any other concerns at [email protected]

I totally agreed with some of the comments especially the one regarding the quality of the items.
I have purchased 4 watches and several necklaces and the items were in such poor quality.
I too am now wondering if the Totino Lamborgini watches I bought were real or fake.
If all the items purchased were fakes, BUYERS BEWARE!
I wish I had gone into this site to check them out before I bought my Christmas gifts.

X

Just be aware, many positive remarks about bidz.com are fake, they are posted by Bidz own staff or agents.

Complaints can be made to...

Culver City Police. www.culvercitypolice.com. They are located at 4040 Duquesne Avenue, Culver City, and their phone number is. [protected]

And I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

Don't forget isaybid.com which spams the heck out of craigslist.

J
Apr 17, 2007

Bidz.com - fake and super low quality!

Looks great, sounds great, great price with prices below retail and fully guaranteed!... Not so fast!

Worst quality I have ever seen and would expect to see merchandise in the dollar store. Fake watches, fake everything. They claim it is sterling silver... my professional laughed at what I had purchased and said "you got ripped off". OK I can return it... only if I pay for shipping and a 15% restocking fee. I will attempt to return this crappy jewelry.

I sell on ebay and would NEVER even attempt to sell this stuff. IT is BAD!

They now use the redirector jewelrybidsite.com.

Kare, you got what you deserved for your greed. And Kenny, try to learn English before attempting to use the Internet for a site in English (me watch fake. I scammed. Give me my monies).

They spam craigslist through auction.ult5.com or gch5.com. Craigslist forbids ads linking to online auctions (eBay included) in their terms of use.

Agreed, I bought a pair of diamond earring, and 1 is cracked inside the diamond, another one can even see a dark stone inside the diamond. Very disappoint

K
Aug 07, 2008

they sell fake watch !!!i buy for 25dollar, and i see on ebay, they only about 2-5dollar ~~i hate bidz ~they sell very fake Diamond, 400dollar buy 4000 Diamond ~~~when i get is broken Diamond ~what the hell ~~~

K
Jul 26, 2008

Yeah, i bought a bunch of stuff from bidz, thinking i could resell it and MAYBE make a few bucks...HA...I just put the stuff in my closet, other things in life came up, so, here it is a couple years later...and thought i'd list these items...i went to pull one of the rings i'd bought out of the box it came in, and it broke in half...i got another ring, pulled it out of the box...guess what...it broke in half too!!! So, i thought, i could take to the jewelers, and they could solder/repair them...not so...although they were in fact, stamped 10k, they were gold PLATED!!! Pretty worthless. Then, one of the bracelets i'd bought from them, that still had an incredibly high price tag on it (it was supposed to be gold too)...guess what, when i took it to the jewelers, i was informed that it too, was in fact gold PLATED and not solid gold, as it was supposed to be...

Jun 30, 2008

How true! The stuff they ship you is a joke in fact, ahrd to believe it is even manufactured - I returned EVERYTHING and yes, it cost me about $ 50 in re-stocking charges.

C
Mar 30, 2007

Bidz.com - steer clear of buying from bidz.com

I would never buy from this auction site again. Jewelry is not at all the quality that they attempt to portray on their site and their return policy is where they really make their money. It'...

Bidz.com - defective watch

My husband won a bid on a GREAT watch that I love. The problem is it is defective. We did not test it since it was a Christmas present. Be sure to check the return policy and test everything you buy from BIDZ. We took the watch to a jewelry store hoping that it was just the battery but we were not that lucky. It is a shame that the company will not stand behind their products.

We won four auctions. We really enjoyed the site until this happened. Beware and check everything you buy. They give you 15 days for returns and do not make exchanges for defective merchandise. The postage is on you too.

I've sent over 5 emails to Bidz as well as called them 5+ times without a response. Bidz has done nothing to help. One chain was sent back to the shipper and I can't find out why, while the other one was apparently backheld with the vendor for another 2 weeks. I've made 15+ purchases in the past with them and now I will never use them again...

S

Unfortunately, I have notified the customer services but I have not responded and many messages have been ignored. I do not recommend dealing with this fraudulent website and I strongly encourage a lawsuit to be filed against each victim.

X

Just be aware, many positive remarks about bidz.com here and on other sites are fake, they are posted by Bidz own staff or agents.

M
May 18, 2007

I am a regular Bidz customer. Yes, the return policy is two weeks as stated so you should always be careful to make sure you check out anything you purchase as a gift to make sure it works properly. Don't put it away until Christmas and assume all is okay. If you do find something wrong with the item within that return policy time frame, you can send it back. Bidz takes back defective jewelry and provides full refund plus your return shipping costs. It may be different in the case of watches because every watch I have purchased from Bids comes with a manufacturer warranty. I haven't had any problems with the watches but if I did, I would send them to the manufacturer. I've returned very few of the hundreds of things I have bought from Bidz; I have never had a problem with a return. You can even return something for no other reason than you don't like it but in such a case you will be charged a nominal restocking fee.

I think Bidz is just great and so is their customer service. I get terrific value for my dollar and resell items at a decent profit. Just remember to read all the details on items before you bid and be savvy about your maximum bid. Pictures are often magnified many times to show little details on items so you have to scroll down and read measurement info. Just remember that this is an auction so if you end up paying too much, it is your own fault and don't say Bidz ripped you off because they don't control the final selling price - the bidders do! Last, if you have to return something make sure you contact live chat and get an RMA number - no returns accepted without that. My remarks pertain to Bidz items. I can't speak about from good knowledge about all of their affiliates which are auctioned from separate pages within the Bidz site although I did get some great fine art deals from one of their affiliates.

1 2 3 4