Having problems with Bidz.com?

639 S. Broadway Floor 8
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

scam and fraud!

I started following Bidz.com thinking the merchandise and the return policy were on the up and up and easy a...

scam artist seller

In 2006, I won in an auction from Bidz Israel, what was described as a silver and peridot necklace. The item didn't arrive within a reasonable amount of time and so I contacted the seller to ask for tracking information for my shipment. He gave me a phoney tracking number, so I contacted him and let him know that I was unable to track the item. He asked me to give it another week or two and to contact him again if the necklace hadn't arrived. Two weeks later, I still had no necklace, so I contacted the seller. He didn't respond, so I went to apply for a refund from PayPal. It turned out that this scammer used delaying tactics, knowing that I would not be able to receive a PayPal refund, since the transaction by this time was more than 6 weeks old. I contacted Bidz to make a complaint, and what did they tell me? To contact the seller! The seller by this time was no longer responding to my demands for either a refund or a new item to be sent to me. To be honest, I don't think there was ever an item to begin with. I lost nearly $100 on that scam. I don't expect restitution at this point, but am just writing this to warn others. Also, I purchased what was described as a gemstone necklace made from "gemstone chips" of citrine, peridot, etc. What I got was a colored glass necklace, which faded after two years of use - not worth at all what I paid for it. I have received some nice items from Bidz, but now will never do business with them again for their lack of vigilance for scammers on their site, and the questionable quality of their products.

• De
    debbie Feb 18, 2009

Bidz.com is like gambling, I have received broken items and items different from pictures. However, I have been lucky enough to get a few items to make the experience worth it. So if you can afford to loose a few bucks, bid. But if you and your money need each other, do not patron the bidz.com website.

skamkiller Mar 15, 2009

They spam craigslist using auction.ult5.com and jewelrybidsite.com. They violate craigslist's terms of use forbidding listings of online auctions.

• Sh
    shopperbest Mar 29, 2009

I was completely scammed out of any merchandise at all!!! BIDZ.COM and the seller are one and the same person, amazingly enough and I was told I had to send the money TWICE because it did not register in their system the first time. I refused and was told that I would neither receive a refund or the merchandise if I did not comply with their demand of sending it again. It's a complete and total scam outfit & I am demanding action be taken by the attorney general - there are way too many complaints out there for nothing to be done.

Katherine Apr 21, 2009

I have done business with bidz.com many times. I have never had a customer service issue, because I have never had to contact their customes service department. I have always recieved exactly what I was told I was getting, and recieved my items in a timely manner. I work in a very labor intensive job and wear my engagement ring every day and have not had any problems with it (e.g. stones falling out, scratches), it is as lovely as the day it was purchased 2 years ago. My experience has been that bidz.com offers quality products at reasonable prices, I buy several pieces from them each year and have found that it is a excelent way for someone of limited means to build a nice little jewlery collection. I am going to post this on all the complaints against bidz.com as I think that people should hear another side of the story, so I have covered some problems not mentioned in this post.

xcellent Dec 15, 2009

Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities and by flooding the directors of bidz email boxes.

The Los Angeles Police Department. [email protected]

Auctions Manager / Vilius Zukauskas. [email protected]
    Don't bother with customer services, there's a contradiction in terms. Go directly to the top people and flood their email boxes.

Don't forget, when approaching the authorities, where you can, provide any evidence you have. Emails, photographs, copies of bidz web site pages, anything that might be relevant. Join me in a campaign to bring these fraudsters down, it is time we did.

Bidz.com Jun 21, 2011

Dear Customer,
    Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your purchase and we offer our sincere apologies that you were unsatisfied with your experience. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback seriously. As a result of feedback like yours, we have made some changes to improve our services. We are sorry that it took some trial and error and that you feel you were mistreated. Fortunately by submitting this comment, you have helped us make a change for the better. We sincerely thank you for your input and would like to hear from you regarding this post or any other concerns at [email protected]

conspiculously deficient of quality

I saw adverts for bidz dot com all over the net and thought that I would check it out. I googled it to see if I could find any negative implications but all that came up was more ads. I totally got duped I believed the 100% risk free auction. In any event once I received the packages I took one of the bracelets out of the package (supposedly a gold/ruby diamond bracelet) and my boyfriend started laughing! He said that it looked like bronze and the rubies didn't even look real. It was very light and there is nooo way that it is worth the $2000 retail they advertise. Honestly it was truly embarrassing to show my purchased jewellery to friends and family when they prompted me to see it. Everyone that saw it said that it looked fake cheap and truly; like jewellery compatible of a gumball machine. In total I purchased two bracelets and three rings. I paid nearly $1700 I may have well flushed my money down the drain. Every single piece was defective as the gems fell out merely by handling them. Quite honestly the next time I attempt to check a business credentials I'll put fraud/scam in the toolbar beside the name. I think bidz dot com has so many different adverts on search engines to bombard the consumer and sway possible negative ads from being foreseen. I only hope people will see comments such as these before thinking about purchasing from these scam artists.

Bidz.com Apr 29, 2008

Dear Jasmin,

It is very unfortunate to see that you have not been satisfied with the merchandise that you ordered.

We do guarantee a 100% Risk Free Auction. We do have restrictions in place. If you are not satisfied with an item you may return it, you must return it within 15 days of the delivery date, restrictions do apply and they are all disclosed on our website.

If someone is interested on placing a bid, we always recommend that they read the entire description, as the description has the most accurate information. We recommend that a customer does not place a bid based on the image. We provide the image so that the customer can have a better idea of how it may look.

• Ls
    L. Sykes Nov 17, 2008

I received my jewelry today in three bags. I was very disappointed by the poor quality and tiny size. I won a bid on a
    ring that said compare to $2, 200. I intended to sell this ring to pay for the smaller ones. The topaz necklace was so small when I pulled the tiny chain and pendant from the plastic bag, the pendant fell on the floor and I had to use a magnifying glass to find it. I feel sick about all of the jewelry I cannot give such poor
    quality jewelry as Christmas gifts. I want to return the necklace
    as it is such poor quality and so tiny but can't find the RMA # and can't retrurn it until I can find it. To say that I wish I had my
    $600.00 back is a major understatement. I think the whole company is a rip-off and will tell everyone I know not to deal with such a terrible company.

xcellent Dec 15, 2009

The Los Angeles Police Department. [email protected]

• Co
    Concerned Citizen For U Jan 12, 2011

I AGREE< they tell you its worth a enormous amount of money, and its worthless, especially when the stones fall out when you open the package, or how about the color and quality they state it is... FRAUD I am joining the few who dare to go against such a bogus business. Claudia ... you are a scam ARTIST

Bidz.com Jun 21, 2011

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time in providing feedback regarding your purchases and your experience at Bidz.com. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback and suggestions seriously. You may always contact us directly for any assistance by phone, email or bold chat. We have revised and updated our policies to improve and provide 100% satisfaction to our customers. We stand by our merchandise 100%. In case you receive a defective item or an item not as described, you may return for a full refund. We do apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had at Bidz.com. We hope you will take the time to visit our site again to allow us to provide you with excellent service.

• Sn
    snug Jul 26, 2011

"Dear Customer,

We sincerely thank you for your input and would like to hear from you regarding this post or any other concerns at [email protected]" Someone advised me, via telephone, that he will not assist me further. Do you consider this as customer service?

corrupt company!

Don't buy from Bidz.com - their so called return policy is a joke and they send you absolute GARBAGE!!! Here is my situation: I purchased a three stone diamond ring that had a 'compare to' price over almost $3000. That should be your first clue that there is an issue - according to Bidz.com customer service rep this does not mean a thing - it doesn't mean appraised value, it doesn't mean it is worth diddly squat. So don't pay attention to the BS that it is worth even what you are bidding on it because it is not.

I paid $300 for the ring, then I paid $33 for the so called Gem and Jewelry report which I might add doesn't mean a thing - see paragraph above, even to Bidz.com it doesn't mean a thing. Then I paid shipping of $34 or more to Canada, plus duty at the border another $45 or so. Lets see now over $400 now right - around $412 at least.

I get the ring and I am HORRIFIED by the condition of it. The setting is crooked, lopsided, doesn't even look like real gold, the diamonds are so cloudy and included they don't look like diamonds - in other words I wouldn't even let my dog wear this sucker, never mind sell it to anyone as an ENGAGEMENT ring. YIKES Needless to say, I couldn't even keep it to wear myself since it is so horrible, just atrocious - I show it to others and they agree it is a piece of crap, even at the price I paid, no one would ever purchase it under any circumstances and I am not about to ruin my ratings over this ring.

SO I call customer service at Bidz - a major hassle, and I am told that if the ring is 'as described' which it wasn't since the setting was all crooked. and the diamonds were throwaways, I would only get a refund of 85% if the price I paid. PLUS - NO REFUND on the so called REPORT.

I wrote a letter with the ring, paid another $20 to ship it back and went on the site tonight to see what had happened with my refund - they will only refund me $255 of what I paid so I lose $213 on the situation - I LOSE ALMOST 50% ON THIS PURCHASE.

NOW they will realist the ring and sell it to some other poor SUCKER. I am appalled by this. They are the biggest rip-off I have ever encountered. They are a publically run company that is listed on the stock market and I want to write to their stockholders to tell them they better sell now before more people figure out that they just want to rip people off.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to purchase stuff on this site. I explained the situation to customer service, wrote a detailed letter to the returns department and still I lose almost half of what I paid for this piece of crap.

Do not be a s*cker like I was and remember if it seems to good to be true it is probably a rip off. You won't even get what you paid for the thing if you need to send it back. Some money back guarantee that is. DON'T BUY FROM BIDZ, especially diamonds - even the most expensive diamonds are majorly included - read up on diamonds before you buy because their quality is absolute bottom of the barrel. If you want junk this is the place to get it and you won't get your money back.

Bidz.com Feb 28, 2008

Information Needed

Dear Freddi/Carol,

Thank you very much for you inquiry. We would like to further
    investigate this issue and see what we can do to accommodate you. We would also like to clarify some of the information
    presented on your posting.

Compare Price vs Retail price

The Compare Price is the maximum price other jewelers advertise online, for similar or the same jewelry item. This price in no way reflects worth or suggested retail price.

Now, if we have the retail price of the item, we will provide it to our customers.
    Shipping charges all vary. Remember, we charge shipping and handling fees.

All international customers are subject to paying Duties and Taxes, how much is charged, Bidz does not know, it all varies by country and the total amount of the order. For more information on taxes and duties you must contact your local customs office.

We provide the customer will all the item information. From the type of metal to the clarity of the diamonds. Diamonds that are an (SI-1 & SI-2) -(I-2, I-3) in clarity are diamonds with visible inclusions, blemishes, which will affect the beauty of the diamond. All of this information is provided to the customer. A customer must always base his or her decision on the item description not solely on the image, please keep in mind that the images are magnified anywhere from 10-30 times the actual item size.

Bidz.com does offer a 100% money back guarantee on all merchandise that IS NOT as Described. See Below:

100% Risk Free Auctions

While at Bidz.com we wish you to feel secure with your transactions. Along with our unique, affordable inventory, we offer a money-back guarantee on all merchandise with the Bidz Auctions Guarantee logo.

Return Policy for Bidz.com Items:

1.All returns must be made within 15 days of the item's receipt.
    2.We offer a 100% money-back guarantee if the item is not as described.
    3.Some restrictions may apply and are subject to a 15% restocking fee**.
    4.Shipping is non-refundable.
    5.Auction Services such as Ring Resizing or Jewelry Appraisal Reports (JAR) are not eligible for refunds or returns.

We would really like to resolve the matter but are unable to, we are missing some information that was requested previously on The Rip-Off.

Please provide us with the listing and invoice number of the item in question.

We can pull up your account with that.

You can send it to [email protected] or contact us at 800.444.8124 and request to be transferred to extension 419.

Thank you for you valued time.

• Sh
    shopperbest Mar 29, 2009

BIDZ.COM is a scamming operation of thieves and rip-off artists. After several communications with them, I discovered that the seller and the consultant at BIDZ.COM are one and the same person. They asked me to pay for the item I purchased twice because it did not register in their system. I have proof that I paid but they said I would lose my refund and would not receive the merchandise if I did not send p ayment again. Nothing but scam artists! I advise everyone to stay away from them. I intend to pursue this further and would like to hear from anyone with complaints. [email protected]

• He
    Heathertime Jul 13, 2009

I totally agree with you. Bidz sells junk.

I purchased a ring from bidz.com on Jan 30, 2009. It was a gift for my mom. She finally wore it for an event a few months later. The first day she wore it the stone fell out. I contacted bidz.com and they told me they could do nothing since all returns have to be made within 15 days. I have sent several emails complaining and expressing my disappointment with them. I paid with a credit card and my credit card company won't help me. They state that you have to contact them within 60 days. I feel this company ripped me off and don't want it to happen to anybody else. If I can help anybody by my comment they I just saved another SUCKER!

• Pe
    person111 Sep 20, 2009

I am a person

• Jr
    JRW1 Nov 04, 2009

ya I used to purchase in the past I would resell locally the quality used to be pretty decent but I just finished purchasing an item and after auction completed I did not win. Actually the person I was bidding against was the same person driving the price up. So I lost the auction then 2 minutes later I have it available in my cashier cart as second chance offer for my highest last bid. Let me spell it out for you they bid on their own crap to jack the price and then let you have it if they figure they are making enough off of it. I would consider that very illegal wouldnt you.

• Mo
    Moss130 Nov 08, 2009

I find no problems with Bidz.com. I just ordered a topaz ring to start small because I wanted to see how this all works and I recieved it fairly fast and in PERFECT condition sealed in a plastic bag with a price tag included, in fact the ring looked better than it did in the picture. They do not try to scam you. Your rings probably got damaged during the shipping so relax a bit I'm 13 and I am making money off this website by buying rings and then selling them and I have never experienced a problem with it.

xcellent Dec 16, 2009

Just be aware, many positive remarks about bidz.com are fake, they are posted by Bidz own staff or agents.

Complaints can be made to...

Culver City Police. www.culvercitypolice.com. They are located at 4040 Duquesne Avenue, Culver City, and their phone number is. (310) 837-1221

Tatiana Pan Apr 20, 2018

@xcellent Hello, I'm ready to join the company that will expose the scammers, they must be punished.

• Ni
    nimraafroz Jan 04, 2010

hello i m really very upset about more than 1 month befored i ordered some jewery i havent got it i m reay upset i was thinking to gift my wife and one month is finished i didnot get any thing this is all game to fool pubic i dont need that give my money back bidz u all just fool public wht kind of service is this i will never take any thing nor te any one to take my friends and will post every where...than u

BIDZ suck my DICK Jan 31, 2010

Yes, that's right if u miss the auction. u will lately receive a second offer. Im on ebay for few year and I know that something is wrong with the item if that happen, so they want to sell it so fast. My suggest is, in your mean time, take some minuit in your life, boom it like how they bommed you, bid like crazy and leave it a blank cart. The POSITIVE FEEDBACK above, just read and feel it, fake totally. No customer take time to protect the online website, if they happy with it, they will be in silent and give it a go, right? This site is a crap when it doesnt have the feedback box for customer. that's not capitalism, it's command system, that's naxit. BE AWARE. THERE IS NOTHING FREE IN AMERICA, even A DISCOUNT.

BIDZ suck my DICK Jan 31, 2010

And more, when you bid, even if the case is state closesing, then a new bid from another sucker is on, and 12 more second is add up. I know that bidz have ppl to do it, or maybe it's automatic bidz, and they will shoot it up until they reach their goal. So PUT THIS IN YOUR MIND, IF THEY SOLD IT, THEY HAVE PROFIT FROM IT, NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT COST, SO MY POINT IS THE RETAIL PRICE THEY CLAIMED, IS JUST A PEACH OF ###. AND THE RETAIL PRICE, IS ABOUT HALF THE PRICE THAT YOU PAID FOR IT, SO IT IS A ### OR NOT, U DECIDE. A 100K CORUM WATCH? SELL FOR 10K, THEY DISCOUNT 90K FOR A WATCH? THERE NO WHERE EXECPT CHINA THAT THIS HAPPENS. REPLICA ITEM MADE FROM CHINA, EVEYBODY KNOW THAT...AND THE QUALITY, GOSH, IT'S FROM CHINA SO IT HAS CHINA QUALITY.

BIDZ suck my DICK Jan 31, 2010

I win a dollan bulock ring that retail for $350! which make from stanless steal. STANLESS STEEL worth $350 for a ring. and they sold it for $26 dollar. A $150 Kappa watch and I win for $9. even if it is $1, im not gonna pay for it since there no way that I can trust it. U looking for bizd feecback and what U can find is absolutely NEGATIVE feedback from buyer and ABSOLUTELY STUPID FAKE possitive feedback that was made from bidz people. Damn man, this company has to be destroyed, and sombody has to be in JAIL.

• Ra
    randompeep Mar 31, 2010

@xcellent:

I disagree... I'm not an employee of Bidz and I got a totally legit piece of jewelry. No bogus here, folks.

• Ra
    randompeep Mar 31, 2010

And to the person with that inappropriate username: Grow up! Learn to type and display yourself with dignity on the net. If you were really serious about this, you would have typed a decent complaint. I bet you are some high school student who just bored in class and wanted to play "jab the man." Nice one, sport.

If you actually read the BBB complaints, you will notice that each and every one of those complaints was met. And funnily enough, all the people who made the complaints do not seem to be able to communicate effectively via a keyboard. Bidz.com receives 1000s of purchases per day, and so it is legitimate to see those complaints by these people.

KatherineE Apr 09, 2010

I should not be surprised that BIDZ is a listed company after witnessing the corruption which brought about the GFC. I spent c.$600 An expensive lesson. This compaany has a licence to steal I am surprised the authorities do nothing about their blatant false advertising.

• Ve
    veekat Aug 06, 2010

I bought two different times on this site, a gorgous ring which i've received and looks just as good as the picture. The other package on the other hand hasn't even turned up. I contacted Fedex which told me the sender has cancelled the package which is odd seeing as i've paid for it and it's been taken out of my card.
    Am still trying to contact them with no such luck.

johnbnn Nov 18, 2010

I have had both good and bad experiences with bidz.com. I haven't bought from them for over a year and then received a coupon code for $10 off and free shipping with no minimum purchase. So I spent $20 and for the $20 I got a k and bros watch for $5, two silver rings one with a green amethyst and garnets for $7 and a yellow sapphire/diamond silver ring for $3 and a pair of diamond/pearl silver earrings for $5. The order only cost me $10.50 and because the k and bros watch is considered oversize 1. I get free fedex shipping to my door in one week to Canada. As my order is under $20 I won't have to pay customs. I am expecting my order tomorrow and will post what I get. I only shop on bidz with coupon codes and make small purchases. I have bought good quality watches and diamond rings in the past but due to items not being as described I don't buy expensive items on bidz. I will only buy more expensive jewelry from jewelry stores or auctions I can attend in person and see and examine the item before bidding. My order with the coupon code came to only 10.50 so I am not expecting anything great, but am expecting what was described.
    I also had a bad experience with a diamond ring from bidz.com. I purchased a man's rings weighing 5.2 grams in 10k gold described as a 0.20 carat diamond round cut solitaire with a G - I color grade and a SI2 clarity grade. What I received was a diamond with two large carbon deposits visible to the naked eye. This stone is definitely an I2 clarity grade. Bidz.com compare price was $1799 for a walmart ring with a low quality diamond. Also, I bought a 14k ring weighing 7.2 grams with a 0.27 carat, SI2, G - I color princess cut diamond. The diamond bidz.com described as 0.27 carat was only 0.15 carat.
    Bidz is OK for cheap bling only. Never buy any additional services like ring sizing or appraisals, or ring boxes. You can get a better independant appraisal from your local jewelry store. Also, bidz.com sells 100's or 1000's of the same item and will just provide the same report for each item. Bidz is like gambling because you never know what the condition of the item you buy will arrive in. They use one photo to sell several items. The silver pearl/diamond earrings are cute and I ordered them in the past but that isn't a guarantee either. Also, the k and bros watch I received already with my previous coupon code purchase and it is a decent enough watch. The rings are a new purchase so have no idea what to expect.
    My advice to anyone shopping on bidz. is don't buy expensive jewellry because all their diamonds are either small or of low quality. Now all jewellry that would be considered a decent quality like 14k now has a reserve, so you don't get the deals on the more expensive items anymore. Shipping on bidz is expensive. I am not going to pay $25.99 to ship a $10 item. So only shop with coupon codes with no minimum that offer free shipping and you can find coupon codes regularily by doing google searches. Right now two coupon codes are available that offer free shipping and $10 off with no minimum purchase expiry date 11/30/10.
    I only shop on bidz.com when I get coupon codes for $10 off with no minimum purchase and free shipping. I keep my orders to $25 or less therefore only paying $15 or less for items with free shipping. That way items only cost $2 or $3 dollars and if even 3 out of 5 are ok that only adds another dollar to the price of the ok items which is still a good deal.

johnbnn Nov 19, 2010

I am just posting to follow up on my order received today. The amethyst/garnet ring is really expensive looking and will make a great Christmas gift. I only paid $3.50 for it and the k and bros chronograph watch is really nice and only cost me $2.50. The sapphire/diamond ring is cute and only cost $1.50 and the pearl/diamond earrings are nice as well and only cost $2.50. I received the items today and for only $10.50. I paid less than the shipping for the watch for the entire order. I am very happy with my purchase and am just waiting for one more order that is being sent by regular mail.

Tarden22 Jan 21, 2011

BIDZ is absolutely a ripoff site. Most items up for auction are either junk or have a reserve price higher than retail. BIDZ operates their business on the "There's a sucker born every minute" principle. Caveat Emptor.

• Pa
    Pattythistle May 09, 2011

I have spent a lot of money recently with Bidz.com and have found most of their items good value for money. You get what you pay for and their service is excellent. I have had to contact their 'chat' a couple of times, and they are timely and very courteous when answering my queries

Bidz Auction Jun 03, 2011

Dear Customer,
    We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. As a customer of ours you should feel confident in knowing that all of our items are backed by our 100% money back guarantee. If at any time you receive an item that is not as described you may return the item for a refund in full. Also, we have recently done away with our restocking fee. Customers can return items for any reason with no questions asked and a refund in full will be issued.
    Moreover, We carry a large variety of items. We carry all sorts of quality as well. All of our items are guaranteed to be as described. Each auction showcase provides you with a detailed description of the item. We offer compare prices and retail prices. Now, customers must keep in mind that these prices do not necessarily reflect the actual worth of the item. These prices are based on what we believe to be the maximum price other jewelers advertise online as a comparison price for similar jewelry items.
    We hope this information is of use to you. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate in contacting us. Our customer service team is available to assist you, 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
    Bidz.com

• Yr
    Yrynuta Aug 06, 2015

I just won 10 items on Bidz.com but after reading the reviews i am skeptical to pay for this items...considering its over $1.500...and i can't afford to lose money just for somebody else to get richer on my expense!
    Thank you for your warnings!
    Irina Florida

Tatiana Pan Apr 20, 2018

My value judgment is that it's a scam. I bought a ring with a certificate of quality, where I evaluated the "jeweler specialist" with whom this company cooperates. On the site and in the certificate, the estimated price was $ 21, 000. When the ring was bought by me, for $ 3, 500, I saw a terrible stone, in three days I was at 5 jewelers who were simply in shock. Each of them gave its price, and it was no higher than $ 850! I could not do the return, because I had to go abroad, on a business trip for 45 days. I think that the prices they put on the site are fictitious, they do not correspond to reality. If you go to the site, take any ring, bracelet, watch and look at their characteristics, then show these characteristics to decent professionals. To not be sued, they sign this fraud in very small print, which is almost invisible: * Appraised values ??are determined by 3rd party appraisal companies. These companies are not affiliated with Bidz.com. The appraised value is usually the highest retail value for the item. Bidz.com does not guarantee the appraised value to be accurate nor the ability to resell based on the appraised value price.
    Thus, they mislead customers and use other people's money, as it is difficult to get money back from them.
    I have another bad story with this company, do not receive a refund, my second order was a clock of $ -190. Not having received hours, as, having bought them, the jasper asked for a refund. Amanda M. (Customer Experience Specialist) promised to return the money in 7-14 business days. But, more than a month has passed, no money, no response to emails, no opportunity to get through. Completely ignored!
    I think the actions of this company are criminal, buyers mislead, use other people's money for personal purposes. If anyone has suffered from this company, I propose to unite and apply to the appropriate state structures to protect American citizens from fraud.

return items

In general, the items from them are not high quality. The chains offered with the pendants are very thin--you can’t use it. The earring I brought was sent not a pair. So I returned it. I didn't get the full refund because they didn't see the problem even I told them what to look (they both for one side), they said they didn’t see the problem(it’s a pair). So I had to pay unfair restocking fee and couldn't get the shipping refund according to the policy, I had spend two hours talking to the people on-line (they don't talk to you through phone call) I wish I had taken a picture of the earring, but I thought even a kids can see it's not a pair---all unexpected happened. I have brought other items from them too. They were just not as good as you expected. It’s hard to return them because it cost you big. I am quitting visit the site and advise you look carefully before you buy any item from it.

• Th
    thegigisup Apr 04, 2009

Don't forget isaybid.com which spams the heck out of craigslist.

• Cy
    CYNTHIA TUNG Dec 17, 2010

I totally agreed with some of the comments especially the one regarding the quality of the items.
    I have purchased 4 watches and several necklaces and the items were in such poor quality.
    I too am now wondering if the Totino Lamborgini watches I bought were real or fake.
    If all the items purchased were fakes, BUYERS BEWARE!
    I wish I had gone into this site to check them out before I bought my Christmas gifts.

Bidz.com Jun 20, 2011

Dear Customer,
    Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your purchase and we offer our sincere apologies that you were unsatisfied with your experience. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback seriously. As a result of feedback like yours, we have revised our return policy . We are sorry that it took some trial and error and that you feel you were mistreated. Fortunately by submitting this comment, you have helped us make a change for the better. We sincerely thank you for your input and would like to hear from you regarding this post or any other concerns at [email protected]

fake and super low quality!

Looks great, sounds great, great price with prices below retail and fully guaranteed!... Not so fast!

Worst quality I have ever seen and would expect to see merchandise in the dollar store. Fake watches, fake everything. They claim it is sterling silver... my professional laughed at what I had purchased and said "you got ripped off". OK I can return it... only if I pay for shipping and a 15% restocking fee. I will attempt to return this crappy jewelry.

I sell on ebay and would NEVER even attempt to sell this stuff. IT is BAD!

• Li
    Linda Jun 30, 2008

How true! The stuff they ship you is a joke in fact, ahrd to believe it is even manufactured - I returned EVERYTHING and yes, it cost me about $ 50 in re-stocking charges.

Kare Jul 26, 2008

Yeah, i bought a bunch of stuff from bidz, thinking i could resell it and MAYBE make a few bucks...HA...I just put the stuff in my closet, other things in life came up, so, here it is a couple years later...and thought i'd list these items...i went to pull one of the rings i'd bought out of the box it came in, and it broke in half...i got another ring, pulled it out of the box...guess what...it broke in half too!!! So, i thought, i could take to the jewelers, and they could solder/repair them...not so...although they were in fact, stamped 10k, they were gold PLATED!!! Pretty worthless. Then, one of the bracelets i'd bought from them, that still had an incredibly high price tag on it (it was supposed to be gold too)...guess what, when i took it to the jewelers, i was informed that it too, was in fact gold PLATED and not solid gold, as it was supposed to be...

• Ke
    kenny Aug 07, 2008

they sell fake watch !!!i buy for 25dollar, and i see on ebay, they only about 2-5dollar ~~i hate bidz ~they sell very fake Diamond, 400dollar buy 4000 Diamond ~~~when i get is broken Diamond ~what the hell ~~~

• Ve
    Venavatio Feb 11, 2009

Agreed, I bought a pair of diamond earring, and 1 is cracked inside the diamond, another one can even see a dark stone inside the diamond. Very disappoint

skamkiller Feb 22, 2009

They spam craigslist through auction.ult5.com or gch5.com. Craigslist forbids ads linking to online auctions (eBay included) in their terms of use.

• Fr
    FraudInvest Feb 22, 2009

Kare, you got what you deserved for your greed. And Kenny, try to learn English before attempting to use the Internet for a site in English (me watch fake. I scammed. Give me my monies).

skamkiller Mar 15, 2009

They now use the redirector jewelrybidsite.com.

steer clear of buying from bidz.com

I would never buy from this auction site again. Jewelry is not at all the quality that they attempt to...

defective watch

My husband won a bid on a GREAT watch that I love. The problem is it is defective. We did not test it since it was a Christmas present. Be sure to check the return policy and test everything you buy from BIDZ. We took the watch to a jewelry store hoping that it was just the battery but we were not that lucky. It is a shame that the company will not stand behind their products.

We won four auctions. We really enjoyed the site until this happened. Beware and check everything you buy. They give you 15 days for returns and do not make exchanges for defective merchandise. The postage is on you too.

Mary Hill May 18, 2007

I am a regular Bidz customer. Yes, the return policy is two weeks as stated so you should always be careful to make sure you check out anything you purchase as a gift to make sure it works properly. Don't put it away until Christmas and assume all is okay. If you do find something wrong with the item within that return policy time frame, you can send it back. Bidz takes back defective jewelry and provides full refund plus your return shipping costs. It may be different in the case of watches because every watch I have purchased from Bids comes with a manufacturer warranty. I haven't had any problems with the watches but if I did, I would send them to the manufacturer. I've returned very few of the hundreds of things I have bought from Bidz; I have never had a problem with a return. You can even return something for no other reason than you don't like it but in such a case you will be charged a nominal restocking fee.

I think Bidz is just great and so is their customer service. I get terrific value for my dollar and resell items at a decent profit. Just remember to read all the details on items before you bid and be savvy about your maximum bid. Pictures are often magnified many times to show little details on items so you have to scroll down and read measurement info. Just remember that this is an auction so if you end up paying too much, it is your own fault and don't say Bidz ripped you off because they don't control the final selling price - the bidders do! Last, if you have to return something make sure you contact live chat and get an RMA number - no returns accepted without that. My remarks pertain to Bidz items. I can't speak about from good knowledge about all of their affiliates which are auctioned from separate pages within the Bidz site although I did get some great fine art deals from one of their affiliates.

xcellent Dec 16, 2009

Just be aware, many positive remarks about bidz.com here and on other sites are fake, they are posted by Bidz own staff or agents.

Bidz.com Jun 20, 2011

Salak alsalk Aug 20, 2018

Unfortunately, I have notified the customer services but I have not responded and many messages have been ignored. I do not recommend dealing with this fraudulent website and I strongly encourage a lawsuit to be filed against each victim.

• Us
    Usman Patel... Sep 02, 2018

I've sent over 5 emails to Bidz as well as called them 5+ times without a response. Bidz has done nothing to help. One chain was sent back to the shipper and I can't find out why, while the other one was apparently backheld with the vendor for another 2 weeks. I've made 15+ purchases in the past with them and now I will never use them again...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices