Having problems with Bidz.com?

639 S. Broadway Floor 8
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

damaged items

I have been a customer of bidz.com for about 3 years now. At the beginning I received some great deals as I worked nights and when I bid on items I had little competition. Now bidz.com advertises everywhere and a lot of items go for more than you would pay in a store. The site has a lot more traffic now.
I have received some great deals on gold jewelry and brand name watches for a fraction of the cost. 3 years ago I was able to buy nice 10k rings that were between 3.5 and 4.5 grams for $20 or $25 dollars. Now these same type items go for about $100 on the site. I have made the odd purchase with coupon codes here and there in the last year, but nothing significant.
Of these orders 2 rings described as 10k had no 10k markings on them anywere. 2 rings were missing very small side diamonds, one watch needed a new battery and some silver gem stone jewelry was so cheap looking and the stones of such poor quality I would have never paid what I paid for the item even with the discounted coupon code. I returned one of the rings with the missing side diamond and received a full refund minus my costs of shipping the item back which was only $6. One of the 10k rings that were not marked 10k I took to a pawn shop to have it tested for gold. The sales lady stated that she would get people coming in with a lot of items with similar tags and she asked where I got it. I told her bidz.com and she was also curious so she tested the gold and diamonds and both were the real thing. She asked what I paid for the ring and I told her $24. The ring was described as 2 lab created sapphires, 6 diamonds and 10k white gold. Most of the weight was in the 2 lab created sapphires and I was told the ring was NOT worth $24. They have auctioned many of these same rings, and usually they go for about $45. Not bad for a ring worth only worth $15 at a pawn shop. Yet bidz.com claims the compare price is $420. Now as far as appraisals go you can get a professional one done at a jewelry store for around $30. Bidz.com charges $33 for a mass produced report that can be used for 100's or even 1000's of the same item sold. You would be better off printing off the auction listing.

Even knowing gem stone grades and diamond grades will not be a big help on bidz.com. The diamonds are listed with color, clarity, carat size and cut style. Any color after J will be yellowish and any grade after SI2 will show flaws visible to the naked eye. Cut is not graded as either excellent, good, fair or poor. So you can buy an eyeclean nearly colorless diamond on bidz.com but if the cut isn't proportioned properly you will get a dull and lifeless stone. So you don't get the full description and the better color and clarity grades can't make up for a poorly cut diamond. Gemstones are only graded by color and carat. The gemstones are not graded as A, AA, AAA or B etc. There are many treatments to change color of stones and hide flaws which makes some stones very common now. Mined sapphires for example are graded commercial in over 99% of the stones. These are a grade not for jewelry. One of the uses for commercial grade sapphires is road gravel. Also, blue topaz, amethysts, citrines etc are all heat treated to hide flaws and change color. I would say that almost all the silver jewelry and some of the 10k jewelry I purchased from bidz are commercial grade stones, most are poor color and very pale compared to the photos, some have pitt marks or scratches on the surface or like on of the 10k tanzanite rings I received the stones aren't of the same color. One is darker than the other 2 which makes the ring look cheap. The synethetic or lab created stones look the best of the bunch.
I have found the quality has gone downhill on bidz and the prices have gone up. The site is no longer somewhere you can go to get decent jewelry for a fraction of cost you would pay at a store. They sell junk, and in many cases for more than what you would pay in a store after factoring in shipping, trans fee etc. Why gamble and pay $45 plus shipping for junk when you can spend a little more at a discount retailer and get a better quality item that you can inspect before purchasing and also be able to return if necessary.

johnbnn Apr 19, 2010

Photo of lab created sapphire, 6 diamonds and 10k white gold ring from bidz.com with a compare price of $420.

• A2
    a2010bidz Jun 28, 2010

Received my item “kriza watch” today really shocked of what I paid and what I got .let me mention some important thing which I have noticed.
    First of all this watch not genuine and it is 100 % fake .
    Bend also not leather and pice of plastic [censor]
    I took it to nearest jewelry shop and they told me it is not diamond
    Diamond certificate and warranty not stamped and no value for them .
    Really not happy they way you cheat me and just send me fake watches, I cant really return the item because I need to pay 35 $ to ship it back .So Just going to join many forums to send my complain and will publish my advise for other people to not be victim in this way …….
    Hope other people check every thing online before buying this type of [censor] .

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time in providing feedback regarding your purchases and your experience at Bidz.com. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback and suggestions seriously. You may always contact us directly for any assistance by phone, email or bold chat. We have revised and updated our policies to improve and provide 100% satisfaction to our customers. We stand by our merchandise 100%. In case you receive a defective item or an item not as described, you may return for a full refund. We do apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had at Bidz.com. We hope you will take the time to visit our site again to allow us to provide you with excellent service.

jewelry

OK it's time for this first time Bidz sucker to detail my first and last experience.

I purchased two watches; two rings; bracelet; earrings; necklace; and a pendant.

Watches:
- the one was advertised a women's watch with numerous crystals around the face but turned out to be a man's watch
- I would say by the condition of the box that it was from a going out of business sale - retail $1500, paid $162
- the other watch was as described but I doubt the "retail" price listed

Note to Canadian buyers:
- if you take a risk and buy more than one item over a 48 hours period I would wait to pay for everything at one time as they ship by Fedex and the costs are much higher than the US Postal Service
- also remember the PST & GST (federal & provinical taxes) - there is also duty charges - good thing Fedex takes cheques as you probably won't have the cash to pay the extra, unexpected cost

Rings:
- I wished I had checked out this business before I go caught up in the frenzy of the bidding
- the gold in the rings is very thin; nothing like the photos; even with a magnifying glass I could not seen a resememblence to the photos on their website - do not be taken in by the "zoom" feature on their site as it is magnifying the items 1000 times
- I was taken in by a heart shaped "ruby" ring - but when I went back and looked at the description the actual wording was "created ruby" - fancy word for "FAKE" - the stone was also loose
- one ring was retailed at $1219 which I bought for $266
- the other ring was retail $220 which I bought for $50

Necklaces:
- it looked like the photo but a very small version" and very flimsy
- the pendant I never received

I did not bother contacting the company based on online reviews I looked at – this would just be a waste of time. The flash of a camera makes the items with the diamond chips look 1000x nicer. What ever you do don’t pay extra for jewellery boxes, appraisal certificates and sizing – I doubt very much the two rings that I paid $25 extra each were sized – I bid on Sat and received the purchase in Canada two days later????

I took the jewellery to my local jeweller and he just laughed at my foolishness and said he hoped I had fun bidding. The rings are not worth being appraised as they are just junk. I can’t believe this is a public traded business. But then again maybe I should spend my money on buying their stocks because they are making a fortune on “suckers”. I recently bought two costume jewellery rings for $15 each at a department store that are hard to tell they are not real – far from the poor quality rings I purchased from Bidz.

I also found it interesting that after I bid on an item that did not reach a “reserve bid” – I received an email offering the item at the “reserved bid” price usually a few dollars more than my last bid – the email encourages the bidder to be the first before the other bidders bought it.

Also found it interesting that a few of the items I bid on and won the auction appeared a few hours later for sale – which makes me thing they have the items in several sizes and offering to resize the ring for $25 is a rip off.

Bottom line - if it's too good to be true it probably is. I don't believe that there are real bidders for the higher price items - diamond engagements rings listed at several thousands of dollars - in fact I think employees of Bidz are involved in the last 15 second bidding to create a "bidding frenzy". I think this company is making their money on "first time suckers".

I will also be providing this information to every online complaints website.

handling and shipping costs too much

But the items of jewellery (earrings and rings)I ordered were exactly as represented and I would say of good quality. Of course they always look better in closeup and magnified. I believe many of the non-designer items are made in China. They were shipped in reasonable time, but the fees to Canada plus custom charges make it not so much of a good deal. They need free shipping and returns plus an outlet in Canada so we are not having to pay exorbitant fees. Sorry to hear some people didn't have a good experienc but I would have to say there are some really great deals on the high end Italian made jewellery and I would buy from them again.

items won cancelled

We had an order placed and paid with bidz.com plus several items in our "shopping cart" for purchase and bidz.com canceled paid order and all items in our cart. We spent hours - literally - accumulating these items. They claim there was another "technical error" regarding "second chance items" (in other words, bidz.com did not like the prices, in our opinion). If that was the case why were items won outright also canceled??? It is bad enough to all to often receive items that are damaged, dirty and obviously photoshopped. This company has the poorest it dept of any business we have ever dealt with. They have been changing to a new system for months now and still claim problems are because of that. Bull bull bullsh! T. This is not the first time they have pulled this crap on us and obviously won't be the last if we continue to shop there. We will be bidding on items now just to jerk with them like they have us for too long. What a bunch of losers!!!

• Fi
    fiori Apr 03, 2010

I have purchased many items on bidz .com and have allways recieved the items exactly as pictured
    Unfortunatly many people biding on items are not ware of the true value of said item.
    The items are greatly enlarge to show detail, befire biding on anything look at it very closley.Do not be taken in by the pretty picture.
    Claws on settings, stone, colour, the total weight of an item must all be carefullt looked at before making a bid
    some of the rings in particular are quite obiviously mis-cast thus making them unsuitable for sale in a store.
    I have purchsased items and had them apraised and they where well worth the price.
    If a deal seems to good to be true it most likley is and could be bought at walmart for about the same price
    less byers fee and shipping
    As allways byer be smart and know your product

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your purchase and we offer our sincere apologies that you were unsatisfied with your experience. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback seriously. Winning auctions items are guaranteed for you for 48 hours after auction closes. Winning items should not be removed only if instructed by customer, technical error or if item is not sellable. We stand by our merchandise 100%. In case you receive a defective item or an item not as described, you may return for a full refund. When possible, please contact us directly or email us at [email protected] provide username, order details and contact information for further investigation.

Guys, I spent time to read your complaints, and I've come to understanding that you don't have an idea of what you are buying.
Please educate yourself and realize that you will not buy a diamond as big as a hazelnut for $10 :-)
Just take your time to investigate a description page for color, clarity and carat weight and read the policy before bidding or paying for anything ... looks like you guys see only picture when bidding :-)))))

• Fi
    fiori Apr 03, 2010

I could not agree more. People need to be aware of what they are bidding on.
    I have seen people bid hundreds of dollars on things I would not pay 10 bucks for.
    Know your product examine it very carefully.Don't be taken in by the picture
    remember these picture are greatly enlarged.
    Bidz policys and fee etc are quite clearly stated on the site at the bottom of the page.

I have allways recieved whta I paid for in a reasonable amount of time.
    If its seems real cheap that should be your first clue.
    Read the descripion of the item you are bidding on dont bid on things you can't afford
    If bidding on Diamonds know your Diamonds don't just place a bid.
    Make sure you clearly see the hallmark. etc 10 k, 14k 18 k ect
    make sur it's not gold plated or created stones or cubics it's not hard.
    Pay attention to all small print and your buying experience will be much more pleasant.
    You will actully get what you have paid for.

johnbnn Nov 15, 2010

Reading bidz.com descriptions doesn't necessarily mean you will get what is advertised. I have some excellent items and also have some items that are clearly not as described. I purchased a ring with a diamond described by bidz. on their auction listing as a 0.20 carat, round cut, G-I color and clarity of SI2. The diamond is not a clarity of SI2 it is closer to I2 due to very visible inclusions and carbon deposits visible to the naked eye. Bidz.com listed this diamond as clean and it was junk. I received 2 rings described on the auction listing as 10k yet the items contained no marks identifying them as 10k. I also received one ring described as having 2 side diamonds with a mystic topaz 10k ring and the diamonds were cubic zirconia, yet bidz.com listed them as diamonds and even graded them. I also received a man's gold ring described as having an 0.27, SI2, princess cut diamond. Well the diamond described by bidz.com as 0.27 carats turned out to be only 0.15 carats. Reading the descriptions doesn't necessarily mean you will get what you are expecting. Bidz.com is fun for cheap bling, but any significant purchases should not be made on bidz. My rule for shopping on bidz is not to spend anymore than I can afford to lose.

• Dv
    Dvllady Nov 30, 2010

Biding on Bidz IS a crap shoot. Some times you win, sometimes you come in 2nd. I've gotten some very good deals & some no deals at all. I've always received my merchandise. Like craps, don't bid more than you can afford to play.

scams and fraud

The list of complaints I have relating to this companies lack of service, lack of engagement with it's customers, bizarre penalties on returns, items that don't turn up, the rudeness of their staff, the rudeness of their directors, the very poor quality of some items and items not even coming close to their descriptions...is just to long for me to give my effort in writing about here. You have all suffered it so I am hardly telling you anything new. However, what I want to talk about, is this companies preoccupation with scamming and defrauding it's customers. I say preoccupation because they seem to choose to do these things, rather than simply doing business honestly. Here we have a company, run by shady Russians with criminal links, who have been and are presently under investigation by a number of agencies. For goodness sakes, even as I write this, their bloody ad appears on this site, supported by Google whom I take, just don't care where they get advertising revenue from...given Googles own search results are full of complaints pages like this one.

OK...it is my experience bidz is guilty of shill bidding. It's just so easy to pick up on, their own staff or agents bidding on items against you to inflate the price. Bet plenty of you have been initially disappointed when you have lost an auction to someone else, then just as quickly as the auction closes, you have it offered to you at your last bid price. Huh? Someone else won it didn't they? Many of you have also noticed sudden jumps in bids, considerably higher than what is required. This is a scam, you know it, I know it and so does bidz.

If an item does not meet very accurately the description found on the site, this is fraud, misrepresentation.

The recommended retails...oh dear...these are nothing but fictions, it's another example of misrepresentation.

I see a lot of positive feed back on some sites...yeah right, many of these feed back items are generated by bidz own staff and agents. So at best, lets just call them liars.

But here's a real good one and pure fraud. I examined an item sent to me. Apparently a genuine designer piece from Italy. Further investigations revealed this to be not the case at all. Lifting the bidz bar code label on the box showed another label underneath, 'Made in China.' But the bidz label clearly states, 'Made in Italy.' Now bidz knew exactly what they were doing, they must have, they stuck their label over the original with the express intent of hiding it. This is blatant fraud, there is no kind way of putting it, fraud, fraud, fraud!

I have made complaints to the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney Generals Office, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the FBI through their Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). Please, if you have any evidence at all of possible fraud or just complaints about the way this company does business, I encourage you to do the same as I have, make complaints to the authorities.

There is interesting info on bidz on the facebook page.

xcellent Dec 15, 2009

I have placed futher complaints to the Federal Trade Commission, suggest all you guys do the same.

Ooops try this link...

xcellent Dec 15, 2009

Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities and by flooding the directors of bidz email boxes.

Auctions Manager / Vilius Zukauskas. [email protected]
    Don't bother with customer services, there's a contradiction in terms. Go directly to the top people and flood their email boxes.

Don't forget, when approaching the authorities, where you can, provide any evidence you have. Emails, photographs, copies of bidz web site pages, anything that might be relevant. Join me in a campaign to bring these fraudsters down, it is time we did.

• Do
    dontwanttoregister Jan 13, 2010

On the one hand, I am pretty sure that Bidz uses shill bidders, as you stated. However, as far as the quality of the merchandise, my wife and I bought a bunch of stuff off Bidz a while back, and generally, we were pretty pleased with what I have received. It certainly wasn't perfect--some of the boxes were damaged or poorly packaged--but I can't think of any items that were so banged up that I felt the need to return them, and the prices were low enough to make it worth our while (we were pretty careful not to overpay for anything).

Re: the recommended retails on Bidz, yeah, a lot of them are probably wildly inflated, but I think that goes with the territory when it comes to discount merchandise. Legally, I think they're protected because at some point (at least for the Brand Name items), the item probably actually *did* have a recommended retail value of XXX dollars. Whether anyone actually paid the full retail price is an entirely separate issue. Probably not many, if the item has filtered down through the chain to Bidz.

So I hear what you're saying--I'm sure they're not an entirely on-the-level outfit--I just managed to have enough good experiences with Bidz to counter the few negative ones I had with what I suspect to be shills.

• St
    stick_shift_in_hand2 May 08, 2011

i called bidz.com and asked about a ruby sapphire ring [created] and was told thjat it was an exclusive one of a kind ring, and never was on bidz before, so i did a google search and saw that the same ring was auctioned 2 weeks earlier at $132, and i added this to my watch list, i had the winning bid of the same ring for $264, i called bidz and asked to have the ring for $132 since i was lied to and that the ring was on bidz before, i was told that the previous winner never bought the ring, but still i was told the ring was never on bidz before, bidz said they will reauction the ring for no less than $249 reserve bid, i told them is no way i will pay $264 for a ring that was auctioned at $132, 2 weeks ago, bidz refused to sell the ring for $132, they are greedy liers

scam, do not use

Do not use Bidz, it is a joke. It has been over 20 days since they have taken my money, but still have not shipped the merchandise. It took a week for them to reply to my e-mail that the shipment that was supposed to take between 3-8 days is now ten, then they used the excuse that it was my fault that I didn't tell them that I wanted the art without the certificate. I told them to ship without it and 4 days later, it still hasn't shipped. There is no customer service, after 20+ days still don't have my merchandise, who knows if I will ever receive what I actual bid on, most likely will not be what I ordered.

no refund, scam

I purchased a watch from bidz.com that cost me $1, 515 but it never arrived! I wanted my money back so I contacted fedex so they could contact bidz. They gave me a claim number and they told me that they returned $600, because the product was ensured for only $600, but the product was $1, 515 dollars! They charge the people for full amount on merchandise when they ensure for less than half the price! No matter how many times we tried to contact them, we were unable to reach them.
So don't buy anything from Bidz.com.I filed court case against them.
- S.H.

bidz hater Jul 01, 2009

they are just thiefs...i totally agree with u

Bidz.com Jul 06, 2009

Dear Ms. Haruyunyan,

We would like to begin by apologizing for any inconvenience this may have caused. According to the tracking information the package was delivered to the residence. Upon reviewing the account we have found that FedEx regretfully did not collect a signature upon delivery which is requested on all our packages. All packages are insured for their full amount which in turn allows us to file a claim for the total amount of the order. A claim for the missing package was filed on 4/2/09. Please note that it can take up to 30 days for these matters to be resolved. Because a credit card chargeback was filed the refund process was delayed. We received notification of the chargeback on 4/22/09 which was still when the investigation was taking place. A full refund in the amount of $1515.25 has been issued back to the original method of payment used for the initial payment.

• Lindsay French Aug 19, 2009

I sent an email to John Stossel at 20/20 hoping for him to do an investigation on the company.

• Ha
    hatebidz.com4life Dec 18, 2009

bidz.com is awful, donot buy

bidding

I went online to bid on some rings and earrings. I would watch the bids closely and make sure that I didn't go out of my limit to try and out bid someone, as I am low income. When I went to my account to see the next item to pay for, I had all this jewelry that I had bidded on and lost. Now, I have a message to contact customer service, as there is over $100.00 worth of jewelry on my account, that didn't win. How can an auction sight say you lost, then turn around and put it on your account, and make you look bad. I agree with other consumers, Bidz auction is just after your money, and as much, as they can get. I will be contacting customer service of the company, however, I will not pay for all that jewelry, especially seens I didn't win them. I wrote this complaint to warn other consumers to be aware of bidding with Bidz auction.

Marla Tidenberg Jan 10, 2008

I purchased a tanzanite ring and wore it approximately 20 hours. I was very careful with it, didn't hit it on anything. A stone fell out, which means it was not secured in the first place. I spoke with someone online in another country, of course, and then spoke with someone on the phone. They will not deviate from their 15 day return policy, no matter the reason.

Their quality is inferior, the shipping is too high, and their customer service is beyond despicable. My advice is to never buy from bidz.com.

• Ke
    kevin thomas Jan 14, 2008

Hy, I did received some of the staff that I beat on ,but for my surprise your staff is totally over price ( ex. Freeze Gents watch your appraise at $1200 it is not worthed more then $100, but you clam that the watch ca be re sold at the value of $1200, well you wrong, also I discovered that the watch we just talk ed about is made in China. very cheap staff. ) The second com plane from me is that you guys charge $3 for H&S but half of my staff come in bags, yes it come in cheap bags not in the box. (P.S. one tiny box is just $ 0.05, but you prefer just to threw a ring ,earrings or necklace in the cheap bag and charge the costumer $3. IT IS NOT FUNNY, IT IS JUST A RUBBERY. (ex ring with genuine amethyst serial nr.BIDZ 001ooo762, or earrings with amethyst serial nr. BIDZ000961676 and so on. (I have 5 bags with jewelery but no boxes ,so how can I sale this staff. I believed that you guys are very serious, and you care for the costumers, but I guess I was wrong.

Kevin Thomas Kelowna. Canada.

• Pa
    patti sharrard Jan 24, 2008

I bid on and won jewelry. What a bunch of junk. Sent it back and never had it credited to my account. I also won a camera which I never received. It has been 2months and they never return my e-mails and the number they have listed is no good. Please help me. If you know a way to contact them please post.

Bidz.com Jan 28, 2008

Dear Customers,

We would like to take the time and apologize for any inconveniences we may have caused.

We would like to address the issues mentioned.

Marla,
    We have reviewed the information and the item you purchased was dated back to September of 2017. We always make an exception but because of the timing we are unable to accommodate your request. Its over 3 months now if it was lets say maybe 1-2 months then we may have been able to do something for you.

Kevin,

On the Bidz.com website we do not advertise the Retail price unless its available to us. What we do offer to some of our customers is the compare price and that is the maximum price other jewelers advertise online, for similar or the same jewelry item. This price in no way reflects worth or suggested retail price. Now, if you received an appraisal and that appraisal stated that the item was infact 1200.00 then that is the retail price for the item and you have that as proof to resale the item. We ship out the items how we receive them. If the item comes in a box we ship the item in a box. If not then we provide proper packaging for the item.

Please contact me if you have any question or concerns, you may email me at [email protected]

Thank you for your time and patience.

• Tv
    TV Feb 21, 2008

Item pictures misrepresent the items actually shipped. Every item is the old bait and switch routine. You never get quality items and are never like represented. Sure they are happy to have you return the item. They make money on shipping and restocking fees, then turn around and do the same thing to the next bidder.
    Buyer beware of this scam. You will get screwed! Guaranteed.

• Valerie Apr 18, 2008

My friend got duped by bidz.com. An advertisement attracted her to check their website and she liked what she saw. After a couple more days of check out the site she decided she will get herself a present for working too hard for the past year. She picked the bracelet she wanted and like bid on it. Those bracelets worth thousand of dollars but when it finally arrived, she was shocked that those bracelets are obviously fakes.

Please don't be deceived by the pictures on their website, just spend your money somewhere else. Right now we are thinking on how to make a complain about their fraud practice.

Bidz.com Apr 29, 2008

Dear Thomas,

We do guarantee a 100% Risk Free Auction. We do have restrictions in place. If you are not satisfied with an item you may return it, you must return it within 15 days of the delivery date, restrictions do apply and they are all disclosed on our website.

If someone is interested on placing a bid, we always recommend that they read the entire description, as the description has the most accurate information. We recommend that a customer does not place a bid based on the image. We provide the image so that the customer can have a better idea of how it may look.

• Valerie Jun 19, 2008

When I first viewed bidz.com, I thought it was the best jewellery site ever. HOWEVER! When I finally purchased a Faberge egg, it was a complete disappointment. There were stones missing. The painting on the item was like a child painted it. All the lines were crooked. I would never give it to anyone. I would have shipped it back, but with the shipping expense, restocking fee, and the fact that refunds for returned merchandise takes too long, I really didn't want to bother. I also bought a pair of earrings. Although they were cute, they didn't shine like it did on the site and they were much smaller than expected.

chan Aug 25, 2008

how can i get rid of http://dungcoivb.googlepages.com/Fun.
    It keeps on appearing while chatting

• Aj
    aj7877 Nov 03, 2008

On 7th July, 2017 I bought a yellow gold and sapphire ring from bidz.com. Over the last 12-15 months I have spent over $12, 000 with bidz.

After I resold this ring, my customer returned it to me after 2 weeks. The setting had broken & the gem had fallen out. There were no signs of mistreatment. And, this wasn't the first time I've had bidz items returned to me because they had fallen apart in a similar manor. In fact, this has happened at least 8 times.

I asked for a refund or the ring to be repaired, bidz refused because it was outside their 14 day return period. I then replied to their response and received no response. I sent another 2 emails & still received no response. They obviously decided it's easier to ignore me.

I then wrote them a letter and sent it to them. I received a phone call 2-3 weeks after sending the letter. Again, the refund was refused. I even explained that I would no longer buy from them again and still they were happy not to refund my $27!

Now I have forwarded the matter to the Californian ATTORNEY GENERAL. I will post again with a response.

Bidz jewellery is bad quality & bidz have terrible customer service. They don't seem to care if their customers are unhappy. They're just happy to keep selling their crap jewellery with their over -priced recommended retail prices, which are a scam.

Dear Customer,

We would like to begin by apologizing for any inconveniences this may have caused.

We do have a return policy; all of our items are guaranteed to be as described if they are not as described or you are not satisfied, the items may be returned for a refund. They must be returned within the allotted time frame.

If unfortunately you are unable to contact us via email, please feel free to contact us via LiveHelp and or by contacting our customer service department at 800-444-8124.

Please provide us with a username, and or a listing number to locate your account. Once located we will further assist you and provide you with a resolution.

• Ga
    GaryDiane Jan 22, 2009

My first experience with Bidz.com I ordered 3 rings based on description and pictures once I received them I felt Bidz had misrespresented the quality of the rings. I returned them and Bidz kept 15% restocking fee. Who is right the consumers opinion that they don't agree with description/quality or Bidz customer service. Everyone that uses this site should be aware that although they state a 15% restocking fee might apply, they are going to keep that money no matter what. It cost me $111.14 to know I would never do business with Bidz.com again. Bidz resolution was to stand firm they were due and would keep the 15% fee.

Bidz.com Jan 22, 2009

Dear Customer,
    Bidz.com would like to apologize for any inconveniences. It is very unfortunate to know that you have not been fully satisfied with the quality of our products, which are 100% guaranteed to be as described. If you receive an item that is not as described the item(s) must be returned within 15 days from the delivery date. Once the items are evaluated and if found to be not as presented on the auction showcase a refund is issued in full. The full
    You may also return item(s) if you are not fully satisfied; these items must also be returned within 15 days from the delivery date. If the items, once inspected are found to be as described customers may be subject to a 15% restocking fee. Once again the restocking will only apply to returns that are found to be as described.

• Gr
    Gregor Feb 02, 2009

Awhile back I purchased 4 items from bidz.com. Of the 4 items one matches the description and I am happy with it. One is ok and but looks like a low end cheap 10k ring from walmart. One has damaged stones, and the other is missing a diamond.

The ring with the damaged stones is a 10k ladies tanzanite and diamond ring. The ring missing the side diamond is a 10k created ruby and diamond ladies ring.

Description from bidz.com of 10k ladies tanzanite and diamond ring is as follows: Pleasant ring with 2.50CTW precious stones - Genuine diamonds and tanzanites beautifully designed in white gold size 7. What I received was a 10k white gold ring with 3 tanzanites and diamonds. However one of the tanzanites looks like someone took a nail to the surface of one of the stones and it has small holes on the surface. One of the tanzanites is a different color of lavendar than the other two which makes the ring look off and cheap. This item arrived in a small plastic bag, not even a small gold cardboard box. Bidz.com compare price listed as $389.00 not even close to 10% of that.

Description from bidz.com of 10k created ruby and diamond ring. Elegant and beautiful ring with 0.51 ctw diamond and created ruby in two tone gold. What I received looked like the photo on the auction showcase except the diamond was missing and not in the small plastic pouch or inside the gold cardboard box anywhere. Bidz.com compare price of $419.00 again not even worth 10% of that.

I feel bidz.com intentionally sends out damaged merchandise knowing full well that it will be cheaper for the consumer to keep the items than to send them back. If someone does send back a damaged item and loses all shipping, trans fees and taxes etc and bidz charges the 15% re-stocking fee they have more than made their money off you and will most likely put the damaged returned item back into the auction.

Buyer Beware don't spend any money on bidz.com that you aren't willing to lose. Also the shipping, ring sizing, appraisals, ring boxes etc are non refundable. If you do want to return something that you notice as damaged eg. stone falling out of ring or weak settings make sure you notice within 15 days or bidz will not accept the return. Only a company that sells a lot of damaged or inferior merchandise would ever have a return policy similar to bidz.com; otherwise, if their items were as described and not damaged why else would anyone want to return anything.

The photos on the auction showcase look stunning, and are definately color enhanced with light. I am just lucky that the one item I did pay $292 plus shipping etc matched the description and photo. But I definately won't take a chance again. As the old saying goes...Fooled once shame on you, fooled twice shame on me.

My shipping fees for this order was 44.95, which is 35.95 for the first item and $3 for each additional. As I live in Canada I also had to pay $53.20 customs and GST and when you factor in the exchange rate I am out over $40 for each of the two items if I return them and that doesn't include shipping back, or the 15% re-stocking fee. Their logo with 100% money back guarantee is a joke, as I wouldn't have even gotten 50% back to return their damaged items. I did get an RMA number to return the ring missing the side diamond but I decided not to return either item as it would have cost me more to return them than to keep them.

skamkiller Mar 15, 2009

Bidz also spams craigslist using redirectors as auction.ult5.com and jewelrybidsite.com.

skamkiller Mar 15, 2009

They spam craigslist using auction.ult5.com and jewelrybidsite.com. They violate craigslist's terms of use forbidding listings of online auctions.

skamkiller Mar 15, 2009

They continuously spam craigslist using auction.ult5.com and jewelrybidsite.com. They violate craigslist's terms of use forbidding listings of online auctions.

skamkiller Mar 15, 2009

Bidz.com spams craigslist using redirect sites such as auction.ult5.com and jewelrybidsite.com.

skamkiller Apr 21, 2009

They now use finejewelrybids.com.

skamkiller Apr 21, 2009

Bidz spams craigslist using redirectors such as finejewelrybids.com, jewelrybidsite.com and auction.ult5.com.

Katherine Apr 21, 2009

I have done business with bidz.com many times. I have never had a customer service issue, because I have never had to contact their customes service department. I have always recieved exactly what I was told I was getting, and recieved my items in a timely manner. I work in a very labor intensive job and wear my engagement ring every day and have not had any problems with it (e.g. stones falling out, scratches), it is as lovely as the day it was purchased 2 years ago. My experience has been that bidz.com offers quality products at reasonable prices, I buy several pieces from them each year and have found that it is a excelent way for someone of limited means to build a nice little jewlery collection. I am going to post this on all the complaints against bidz.com as I think that people should hear another side of the story, so I have covered some problems not mentioned in this post.

• Gr
    Gracie Apr 26, 2009

Bidz is not what they were 5 years ago. I have gotten a lot of really beautiful, good quality jewelry in the past...not so anymore. I won't even LOOK at their site anymore. All I see is 'created' stones & HIGH bidz. I agree with the person who said probably the company is bidding against you. They honestly DID have some beautiful, high quality semi-precious stones/jewelry. I have also gotten several very nice watches for extremely low bids. I hadn't been on their site for a while because I simply did not need any more jewelry, then one day a couple years ago, out of boredom, I decided to check out their site again. I then noticed that most everything said 'created' and a lot of 10k gold & even the pictures looked cheap. I have never bought diamonds from them except maybe a few as 'accent' stones in something I have gotten, so I cannot speak for the quality of the diamonds, but I do know that even when I was bidding on a lot of items years ago, I thought they looked to be of poor quality even in the pictures. I had to return a bracelet once & did not have any problems. It was beautiful, great quality stones, heavy gold, but the workmanship was horrible. I wore it once & the stones started to fall out one by one. I wanted to have a local jeweler tighten all the prongs, but it would've cost more than the bracelet (which wasn't cheap), so I opted to return it. I even asked their customer service if they could have someone at their end tighten the prongs & their reply was that they didn't have anyone to do repairs. MAYBE THEY SHOULD?????

Shelly M Jun 27, 2009

• Li
    lia Ghazaryan Jun 30, 2009

So don't buy anything from Bidz.com.I filed court case against them.
    - S.H.

• Ba
    Barbara S. Andover, NJ Oct 05, 2009

I made several purchases on the auction web-site Bidz.com for jewelry.
    The two necklaces which I purchased were dissapointing, as they were kind of chinzy.
    I kept them, as I thought that I may have miss interpreted what I was getting. In other words,
    I gave Bidz the benefit of the doubt. On 9/9/09, I bid and purchased a garnet ring. I received the
    goods quickly. When I open the box and saw the ring, I was shocked and very upset! How could this
    be the ring I was expecting!?? It was the worst piece of junk I have ever seen. The setting was paper
    thin and the whole ring was quite small in scale as compared to what was shown on the web-site.
    I asked via internet, to a michale damian at mdamian[email protected] twice, for an authorization number and an
    address to return the ring to. (This person had sent me an email asking about my necklace purchases).
    To-date, I have made two requests to return this merchandise for a full refund. I have not heard
    anything from them. At this point, and after reading all the negative experiences other people
    have had with Bidz, I doubt that I ever will get satisfaction.
    PLEASE, PEOPLE - - - - - - - Do yourselves a big, big favor! Don't ever buy from this web-site!
    Sincerely,
    Barbara S.
    Andover, NJ

Bidz.com Nov 23, 2009

Dear Barbara,

Please accept our most sincere apologies. Please know that our items are backed by our 100% Money Back Guarantee. If you receive an item that is not as described we will refund 100% of the purchase price, plus any shipping costs you may have incurred.

Is it possible to provide us with your username or invoice number so that we can locate your account and provide you with further assistance.

Please reply with the information to this post or email it to [email protected]

• Ho
    hoowoman Dec 06, 2009

bid and won an auction for a mens "freeze" diamond watch, when I received my shipment the only thing in the box was the interchangeable watch bands!!! NO WATCH!!! contacted bidz, got no response, called, emailed, etc... and still the only response I received was an email saying that someone from customer service will reply within 48 hrs, I still have not heard from them and I have repeatedly tried to get in touch, now we are well past the time limit for returns. buyer beware!!! if you do not receive your item, or it is wrong you are screwed!!! they will NOT correct an issue with any of their items!!! rebecca

xcellent Dec 15, 2009

Have a peep at this Rebecca.

xcellent Dec 15, 2009

Love the above comment, who are you kidding Bidz, are you not ashamed of what is going on here?

Please people, take your complaints to the authorities. Putting up stories here serves as a warning to other potential victims of bidz, but they need to be taken to the cleaners, just like they have done to you.

Oooops, try this...

xcellent Dec 16, 2009

Just be aware, many positive remarks about bidz.com here and on other sites are fake, they are posted by Bidz own staff or agents.

Complaints can be made to...

Culver City Police. www.culvercitypolice.com. They are located at 4040 Duquesne Avenue, Culver City, and their phone number is. (310) 837-1221

martimom Feb 06, 2010

Please, I DON'T WORK FOR 'BIDZ.COM' but do enjoy shopping there. I've purchased about 10 items in Jan. alone. Of these items, one of the rings is slightly crooked. They have no problem with me sending it back and getting A FULL REFUND, PLUS S/H BACK TO THEM.

I find 'Bidz.com' to be a fun place to buy items. I've bought a couple of stupid things by not watching or looking carefully. But I'm not spending a fortune either. I've been able to purchase some wonderful namebrand jewelry items for myself and to sell in my store on Ebay, when I open it soon.

AND REALLY, i DON'T WORK FOR THEM.

• Sm
    smek Mar 30, 2010

I bought a sterling silver piece with a semi-precious stone which was defective. The clasp was turned backwards on the piece making it extremely hard to take on and off. Since it was so cheap ($12) I didn't bother to send it back...but, believe me that is my first and LAST transaction with BIDZ!

Bidz May 06, 2010

Dear Customer,

We would like to begin by making fun of you all and waisting your time and money on our products.. We do understand our customers would like to spend their money on good products, But for less price. So here it is, you get what you pay for.. Thank you for waisting your time and your value money on our products. We do guarranty that it is 100% FAKE, but please dont let this alarm you. Any question or concern feel free to call us at 1-888-247-BIDZ (2439) We appreciate your Buisness

• Hu
    huskers123 Jun 27, 2010

I bought a Lucien Piccard watch, advertised with Swiss Quartz Movement, when I got it was stamped with Japenese Movement on the back. I have scanned in the advertisements from Bidz.com and the back and front of my watch in PDF. Would be glad to post here, but this site only accepts PNG, JPG and GIF files.

• Br
    Bracoos Oct 25, 2010

Jewelry penny auction...just what we need. Not only is online jewelry already a scam industry with people selling shady gems online, but now it is a penny auction. Girls...just don't do it. I know a diamond neclace for $4 is tempting but just stay away from this gambling site.

johnbnn Nov 16, 2010

I received a diamond ring described as 0.20 carat, G-I color, SI2 clarity and round cut diamond, what I received was 0.20 carat but the clarity grade was way off as the ring has 2 large inclusions visible to the naked eye and the diamond should have been graded as I2 clarity. Also I received a 0.27 carat SI2 princess cut diamond ring that turned out to be only 0.15 carat. The photos nor the descriptions are necessarily a good indication of what you will get. This site is like gambling. All I can say is buyer beware.

johnbnn Nov 16, 2010

The only way to get a refund is to receive a damaged item and then return it right away. Bidz.com states that jewellry is inspected before being sent out. How can someone inspect a ring that is missing a diamond and send it out. I don't believe items are inspected at all. Also I believe they sell damaged items from the manufacturers and store returns. I returned a ring missing a diamond and received a full refund but my costs for shipping the item back were not refunded. Now bidz.com has a return policy of 30 days after purchase. I liv% e in Canada and it takes 3 to 4 plus weeks to get items. So if you don't basically get a return number from their site as soon as the items are received you are out of luck returning anything and stuck with damaged items that can be more costly than what they are worth to repair. I have received items that are great and match the description and photo, but I have also received items that were damaged or not a match for what was described on the auction listing eg diamonds graded incorrectly in clarity and carat weight. Bidz is like gambling because you never know what you will get. I get better deals at auctions I attend in person and in pawn shops. At least you can inspect the items before purchase. Bidz is only good for cheap bling and brand name watches. The watches more often than not need a new battery and are discontinued styles that have been sitting awhile, but still good deals. Only shop with coupon codes that offer free shipping. I just bought a watch and 2 silver bling rings and a pair of silver earrings for $24. I used a $10 off and free shipping code so my order came to only $14.50 including the 3% trans fee. I bought a k and bros watch for $5 and two silver amethyst rings for 7 each and a pair of silver garnet earrings for $5. The k and bros watches are fine but nothing you can't get for around $20 in a store as I have bought them in the past. Bidz however charges $25.99 shipping for a watch worth only $20. My advice to everyone is only shop with coupon codes that offer free shipping and only spend what you can afford to lose.

Customers,
    Let me start out by apologizing first for the misunderstanding. Bidz.com is not penny auction site. There is no annual fee for being a member or for placing bids. As soon as you register, you are able to start bidding instantly at the items you are interested. We have many different brands, items and merchants you can bid on. Please visit Bidz.com, try us out you will not be disappointed.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time in providing feedback regarding your purchases and your experience at Bidz.com. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback and suggestions seriously. You may always contact us directly for any assistance by phone, email or bold chat. When you have lost auction items in your cart they are either special offers or second chance offers. Since items have been added to your cart as offers, you are not responsible or accountable for them. You have the option to delete any offers you are not interested in. We do apologies for any misunderstanding. We have revised and updated our policies to improve and provide 100% satisfaction to our customers. We hope you will take the time to visit our site again to allow us to provide you with excellent service.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time in providing feedback regarding your purchases and your experience at Bidz.com. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback and suggestions seriously. You may always contact us directly for any assistance by phone, email or bold chat. We have revised and updated our policies to improve and provide 100% satisfaction to our customers. We do apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had at Bidz.com, as well for the lack of resolving your issue. In case an item is missing or damage, we must file a claim for further investigation and assistance in regards to the item. We hope you will take the time to visit our site again to allow us to provide you with excellent service.

Bidz.com Jun 22, 2011

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time in providing feedback regarding your purchases and your experience at Bidz.com. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback and suggestions seriously. You may always contact us directly for any assistance by phone, email or bold chat. We have revised and updated our policies to improve and provide 100% satisfaction to our customers. We stand by our merchandise 100%. In case you receive a defective item or an item not as described, you may return for a full refund (within the 30 day time frame period).We hope you will take the time to visit our site again to allow us to provide you with excellent service.

• Br
    BrettNu Aug 24, 2011

As gold is now 1839 per ounce, I took 8 rings all 10k with small diamonds in them. Most were either bent or scratched up or never worn. One item was a bidz.com men's diamond channel ring weighing 3.1 grams and described as having 8 small diamonds weighing 0.10 carats. When I took the items to the jewellers they offered $15.4/gram for 10k. The rings came to a total of 35.8 grams so I got $535 for the bunch. Most of the stuff I had purchased previously at auctions I attended in person and actually made about $200 on the lot. Most of the items I have had over 5 years. All the diamonds were tested as they are the only stones they would include in the weight and the only ring that tested as not being genuine diamonds and being cubic zirconia was the bidz.com ring. They sold 100's if not 1000's of these rings and never was the description changed to reflect that the diamonds were not genuine. This further confirms that bidz.com does not check the items prior to sale and their jewellry reports and auction listing descriptions are fake. I was also wearing a bidz.com ring described as having 5 diamonds totaling 0.20 ctw. The lady checked this one for me and the diamonds were genuine. I have about 5 more bidz.com diamond rings and feel that I should get these checked as well. I am no longer confident that the items I bought are actually genuine or as described.

Bidz_auction Aug 29, 2011

Dear BrettNu,
    Thank you for providing us with a feedback about your purchase from Bidz.com and we apologize that you were not happy. We would like to let you know that everything that you purchase from Bidz.com is backed by 30 days money back guarantee which means if you received a damaged item or simply do not like the way it looks or fits you, send it back for a full refund. We have no restocking fee and no penalties, so to put it simply - you risk absolutely nothing shopping with us, maybe except time which we value and appreciate. We would like to look into the ring you mention was not described as cubic zirconia. We stand by all of our products, so please contact us at [email protected] Please also contact us in case you have any other questions or concerns and we will be more than happy to assist you.

• La
    lauratomayko Nov 05, 2011

Bidz.com has ripped me off! I bid and paid for a real tanzanite bracelet in 10K white gold. I was sent and received a created tanzanite bracelet instead. It was not until I took it in to my local jeweler that he said the stones were created stones. When I contacted Bidz.com the most they would do is give me $100.00 into my bidding account and I could keep the bracelet. What a laugh. What a rack they have.

Bidz_auction Nov 08, 2011

Dear Customer,
    Thank you for providing feedback about your purchase. We apologize that you were not satisfied with your purchase and would like to look into this issue and provide resolution. For further assistance please provide the sales order number and the item number at [email protected] and we will be more than happy to assist you.

• Je
    Jeremy Miller Dec 12, 2011

I purchased a diamond ring on Bidz.com that was stated as being eye clean. The pictures on their website are not at all the same as the actual products they actually ship, as when the product arrived it was very clear that this diamond was NOT eye clean. It seems like they pretend to be sending you legitimate high quality Italian made designer jewelry and instead you get a trinket that was made in China, was clearly not the same product that was in the product picture. So they both show you a fake product picture and then also lie in the product description! Also there was a $15 extra shipping and handling c harge that they do not tell you about until after you have already placed your order. I would be ok with something like that, but not if the product they ship is a cheap knockoff!

Then when you contact Bidz.com and ask them to refund your purchase they charge an expensive restocking fee. So you $100 for what looks like an expensive peace of jewelry, you get a crappy piece of jewelry worth probably $5 and then when you get a refund you still have to pay $15 for restocking! I'd also like to say that I still haven't received my refund check (for some reason they won't simply refund the credit card payment I made) and it has been two months now.
    So I have paid Bidz $100 for the jewelry, $15 for shipping and handling, $15 more for restocking, and now I don't have the jewelry or my money back. So now I have $130 less and I don't even have my cheap ring. Bidz is definitely a scam and everybody should avoid doing business with them!

Bidz_auction Dec 13, 2011

Dear Customer,
    Thank you very much for providing us with feedback about your order. We apologize that you were not satisfied and would like to address this issue. In order to provide you with an explanation we need to know your username and the order number so we could research and go through your account history to make sure everything was handled properly and no mistakes were made. Please provide that information at [email protected] and we will be pleased to assist you.

Also, it is important to mention that we do not have a restocking fee or any kind of penalties for returning items back to us. We guarantee that all of our items are 100% as described and we offer 30 days money back guarantee regardless of a return reason. We are one of a very few companies that have a very customer friendly return policy, simply if you do not like the item send it back for a full refund with 30 days. That is how confident we are in our merchandise.

jewelry

Everytime I have worn the ring a stone has fallen out. When it got to the point I was paying more to have lost stones replaced than I had originally paid for the ring on bidz.com I got rid of it. What a ripoff. The ring was crap.

Bidz.com Apr 24, 2009

Dear Kay,

We would like to take this time to offer you our most sincerest apologies. It is very unfortunate that you have received a defective item. Please know that Bidz.com offers a Buyers Protection Plan.
    As our customer, we believe you should feel good about your purchase. We provide you with detailed descriptions and pictures so you can make an informed decision. All of our items are backed by our 100% Money Back Guarantee. If you receive an item that is not as described we will issue a refund in full.

For further assistance you may always contact us via Live Help, write an email at [email protected] or call our toll free number 800-444-8124.

xcellent Dec 16, 2009

Just be aware, many positive remarks about bidz.com are fake, they are posted by Bidz own staff or agents.

• Ss
    SSav Nov 26, 2010

Don't people know that you are not supposed to wash dishes with the rings on? what do you expect after that? that the stone will stay on the ring for a few more years? i bought a lot form Bidz.com and i have to admit not so expensive items because i can not afford them. i agree, they are not items for thousands of $ but i got what i saw on the site, and it was gold as states, not gold plated or stuff like that. and customer service assisted me quite good, not perfect, but quite good!

bidz.com =cheap quality and misleading false prices

This company sells and puts up for auction all types of jewlery and watches, but the retail prices that they post are false and the stores that they say that sell those items are false too.For example: I bought an aquaswiss watch (they sell those all day long to other inocent people like me) the auction listing said that it was worth $1, 600 dollars and also stores like saks fifth avenue has it for sale. So I bought the watch for like $140 dollars and when I received the watch first of all it was not automatic like it said on the listing plus the cheap quality as a whole was too chinese cheap mickey mouse product and of course I said I can't believe that Saks sells this cheap product, so I checked and resulted that Saks don't even carry that watch and they still running this scam 24/7 misleading the consumer. So don't get fooled like I did

• St
    St. John Aug 12, 2009

Hi!
    I bought one of those as well ($134), out of sheer curiosity and as a present for a student. Indeed the look is that of a cheap Chinese (Thailandese? As they carry a Ronda facility down there...) replica, from the packaging to the watch itself. It claims to carry a ronda swiss movement (as the original Aquaswiss does) but even that I can hear an awfull mechanical sound coming from inside (and definitely carring no resamblance to any of the mechanical swiss watches that I have) it does not show any sign of being either automatic or to have the crown working as a winder, so Ièm at loss in respect to what kind of device (a combo of quartz and mechanical?) is driving this little monster! Also, I'm confused about the reputation of "bidz.com", which also seem to sell expensive brand name watches as well. Any inputs!? Thanks.

xcellent Dec 16, 2009

Bidz is knowingly selling so called designer jewellery and watches which are fake. I recently gained proof of this. If you think you have been duped with counterfeit goods, make enquiries of the real designer company to get confirmation your purchase is not the genuine article, as I have done over a piece I received from bidz.

CCO / Larry Russell. lar[email protected]

• Ed.A Aug 03, 2010

Bidz.com Fraud problem - June-August 2010

Bidz.com does not confirm registration for new accounts. That makes the accounts ripe for anonymous abuse. I know this because for months now, I see winning bid confirmations to nonexistent forged email addresses at my popular domain.
    What I'm seeing is a systematic multi-person fraud, designed to create inflated demand for mostly Chinese knockoff watches.

I see crazy bids for junk, and winning bids with no intent to pay. I called and wrote to customer service mangers, who care not a whit. They clearly already know about the fraud, and don't intend to address the problem. I got a human a the bidz.com investment office, where they seemed mortified that such practice continued when it only takes a confirmation that the email is real. That was back in June. The problem is escalating.

If I'm seeing a half dozen sellers run up dozens of auctions until they win, I can only imagine how many minor scams of every type must abound. I'm seeing only the tip of the iceberg. Imagine how many more are out there using other accounts. If Bidz.com is unresponsive about a matter that is so easy to fix, they they are probably more worried about an internal scam within the company. If the other reports about selling shoddy knockoff merchandize is true, then maybe there is only a pretense of having a complain resolution department, or perhaps they are worried that if the signup proccess to difficult, they might lose customers.

Whatever is going on, Bidz.com has been acting as if the inflated prices is a good thing, , and want extraordinarly detailed information and multiple complaints before they will consider any action against the account holder.

Be Very Wary of Bidz.com.

Ed

barbara t.

Bidz.com buyer beware!!!

I saw an advertisement on yahoo for the bidz.com auction.
I purchased 2 diamond & tanzanite rings for approximately
$1800.00. The pictures showed the stones to be bright & colorful
But upon receiving them, one of the tanzanite stones was visibly cracked.
I took both pieces to a local jeweler & he confirmed that the quality of the
Stones was poor at best never mind the obvious crack.
Because of the 15% restocking fee the company charges on all returns,
Most consumers end up keeping the merchandise & sucking it up as
A painful lesson. Please, please, don't purchase anything from bidz.com!
It is a total rip-off. Shame on any website that advertises this company.
I can't believe that the bbb allows this company to continue doing business?
Only in america?

• Ya
    yamirodz Feb 20, 2009

...I have bought here and never had any problems...I bought 3 lovely Mirabelle Pendant Necklaces and they are the real deal!!! I love shopping here!

skamkiller Feb 22, 2009

Bidz is a ripoff. They have been spaming craigslist via redirectors such as auction.ult5.com or gch5.com.

skamkiller Mar 15, 2009

They also use jewelrybidsite.com.

President / CTO / Leon Kuperman. lku[email protected]

• Pd
    pdebarc Jul 03, 2010

I have never ordered anything from them when I recieved these irings.

• Ki
    killbill Jul 03, 2010

Yes i have bought lamborgini pictute frames and clocks that are good quality, valued at 500 for 63.00, , but u are right there is alot of junk on there, What about people that are bidding on 50, 000 cartier watches, they surely can;t give you a letter of authenticity and get away with that, or can they!!if they are fake then that is absolutly fraud!i would be very interested to know of anyone that has bought a rolex watch from them that was previously owned, that's what they say when u are bidding on them! i wonder whwn you pay the 1, 500 0n a 20, 000 watch what u are really getting, , very very interesting...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your purchase and we offer our sincere apologies that you were unsatisfied with your experience. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback seriously. As a result of feedback like yours, we have made some changes that will allow our customers like you to receive their orders quickly. We are sorry that it took some trial and error and that you feel you were mistreated. Fortunately by submitting this comment, you have helped us make a change for the better. We sincerely thank you for your input and would like to hear from you regarding this post or any other concerns at [email protected]

fraud and cheating

I have been very sick and my husband bought me a ring from Bidz, hoping it would make me smile. Well it did, but when I got to where I could get out and wear the ring, I got very upset. The second time I wore the ring, a diamond fell out of it and of course I have no idea where. I have been in contact with Bidz by email about my ring and of course I have not heard one word from them. It was a couple of months before I was well enough to go out to wear the ring so I know they could care less about that. They have their money and I have a ring that is no good to me at all so they are very happy. My husband is upset for spending that amount of money and I can not even wear it. You know the ring was value no where near the amount they said it was worth but is was worth the money he paid for it. He had it appraised before he gave it to me. It was appraised about 3, 500.00 less than Bidz appraised it. To me that didn't matter, I loved the ring and I loved the that my husband was trying to do something good for me ( he always does), but at that time, he and our children were afraid I was not going to make it. He actually won the bit on 1-1-08. I do not understand how companies can cheat people out of their hard heard money. The ring was paid thru PayPal and I can not even get a response out of them. I do wish someone would do something about this company.

shopperbest Mar 29, 2009

I was completely scammed out of any merchandise at all!!! BIDZ.COM and the seller are one and the same person, amazingly enough and I was told I had to send the money TWICE because it did not register in their system the first time. I refused and was told that I would neither receive a refund or the merchandise if I did not comply with their demand of sending it again. It's a complete and total scam outfit & I am demanding action be taken by the attorney general - there are way too many complaints out there for nothing to be done.

skamkiller Apr 21, 2009

They spam craigslist using redirectors such as finejewelrybids.com, jewelrybidsite.com, ult5.com.

• Ha
    HAPPYSHOPPER Aug 30, 2009

I absolutely love Live Jewelry Auctions !! You have to watch what you bid on, but for the most part it's Great Quality - Italian imported and often name-brand! I entered Live Jewelry Auctions through www.isaybid.com and it brought me right to quick registration on the network! I Love them! 5 star diamonds!
    -Sheila Northram

• 39
    39857 Nov 14, 2009

This is in response to Alexa. I was touched by your post. I'm so sorry to hear that after all you had been through with your illness you and your husband had such a negative experience. I have ordered from Bidz.com before and most of the time dissappointed. They are currently under investigation for Fraud, shill bidding, and tax evasion. I hope they all end up in jail. Out of all of this I hope you take some comfort in your husbands beautiful gesture - he sounds like the real gem!
    Sara from Toronto Canada.

• Ta
    Tatiana Pan Apr 20, 2018

@xcellent My value judgment is that it's a scam. I bought a ring with a certificate of quality, where I evaluated the "jeweler specialist" with whom this company cooperates. On the site and in the certificate, the estimated price was $ 21, 000. When the ring was bought by me, for $ 3, 500, I saw a terrible stone, in three days I was at 5 jewelers who were simply in shock. Each of them gave its price, and it was no higher than $ 850! I could not do the return, because I had to go abroad, on a business trip for 45 days. I think that the prices they put on the site are fictitious, they do not correspond to reality. If you go to the site, take any ring, bracelet, watch and look at their characteristics, then show these characteristics to decent professionals. To not be sued, they sign this fraud in very small print, which is almost invisible: * Appraised values ??are determined by 3rd party appraisal companies. These companies are not affiliated with Bidz.com. The appraised value is usually the highest retail value for the item. Bidz.com does not guarantee the appraised value to be accurate nor the ability to resell based on the appraised value price.
    Thus, they mislead customers and use other people's money, as it is difficult to get money back from them.
    I have another bad story with this company, do not receive a refund, my second order was a clock of $ -190. Not having received hours, as, having bought them, the jasper asked for a refund. Amanda M. (Customer Experience Specialist) promised to return the money in 7-14 business days. But, more than a month has passed, no money, no response to emails, no opportunity to get through. Completely ignored!
    I think the actions of this company are criminal, buyers mislead, use other people's money for personal purposes. If anyone has suffered from this company, I propose to unite and apply to the appropriate state structures to protect American citizens from fraud.

• Ce
    Celtic Lady Feb 09, 2010

My experience was quite good, and I have purchased 5 items, and all of them were lovely and none have broken.

Although it's kind of obvious that they appraise items higher than they might be, I still liked the jewelry I purchased, and the gifts purchased for my mum were very much liked (and my mum continues to like and wear them).

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time in providing feedback regarding your purchases and your experience at Bidz.com. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback and suggestions seriously. You may always contact us directly for any assistance by phone, email or bold chat. We have revised and updated our policies to improve and provide 100% satisfaction to our customers. We stand by our merchandise 100%. In case you receive a defective item or an item not as described, you may return for a full refund (within the 30 day time frame period). We are sorry that it took some trial or error and that you feel you were mistreated. Fortunately by submitting this comment, you have helped us make a change for the better. We sincerely thank you for your input and would like to hear from you regarding this post or any other concerns at [email protected] We hope you will take the time to visit our site again to allow us to provide you with excellent service.

fake diamonds

described sunglasses as having geniune diamonds but found to be cz. Told them of this but still they are selling the glasses described as containing "real Diamonds".!!! what can I do???

skamkilla Jan 28, 2009

Did you go there via auction.ult5.com or auction.gch5.com?
    They have been spamming craigslist and redirect to bidz.

skamkiller Mar 15, 2009

They also use jewelrybidsite.com.

terrible experience

I wish I had have seen this site before bidding on some jewelery. Being in Australia I thought I would give it a try as an option to ebay very very wrong! immediately when jewelery was won they sent an email asking for payment fair enough. Made payment, then the problems started security center sent me an email stating that my credit card had been marked as suspicious and my billing address did not match my credit card address.

RUBBISH of course it does. They want me to send a copy of my drivers license and a faxed copy of the credit card with the numbers covered??? Do you want the keys to my house I also inquire??? I ring the bank YES they have taken their money $1497.22 out but have the cheek to then tell me they have flagged my card as suspicious.

I point out would not it have been more honest to first make sure of these details before taking the money out if they were so concerned about fraud? No they took their money and then told me they were not sending the goods! YES that's right they were suspending the goods until I proved it was not suspicious to their satisfaction. I try their help line.

Yes, you guessed it they were no help at all suggesting that my credit card could not be validated to their international standards when I tell them I have never had any trouble with it before purchasing goods from America with it all goes silent and the lady from the live help line says one moment please and goes away for fifteen minutes and comes back with call back tomorrow I may have more information.

Send at least ten emails no one replies either from the security center or help center. Last resort ring my Bank open a dispute will take 90 days to resolve but I will resolve it and I will get my money back as my bank has assured me of this fact and will also help me get in touch with the authorities over there to have them investigated. BIDZ.COM should be flagged so others do not have to go through this and the INTERNET should pull them from their site until such investigations have taken place to everyones satisfaction.

Bidz.com Nov 19, 2008

Dear Mrs. Beardsworth,
    Bidz.com being the world’s largest jewelry auctioneer handles fraud on a daily basis. To prevent as much fraud as possible and to protect our customers we have taken additional measures that will help ensure their security. Mrs. Beardsworth, since you are an international customer you are asked to send in additional information, what we require is that all international customers fax or email us a copy of the credit card used for the payment, along with a copy a current driver's license or other government-issued ID, such as a passport. Moreover, in order to ensure more safety, we ask that you please block all but the last four digits of the credit card number, as we only need this information for identity verification. This is done so because there are privacy laws that do not allows us to contact any international banks as we are in the United States.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions and or concerns.

• La
    Laurine May 12, 2009

I don't understand the feeling that bidz.com find in cheating on people. They sold items which don't worth even 5 times less than the price on bid and they raise a price they name orignal price. Dear brothers and sisters, NEVER think about visiting www.bidz.com, they all robbers, all products, they are not good quality at all, and they will make you pay the "The Zoom" not the items themselves. The worst when paying for a product they send you another one cheaper than what you have bidded . They are making million everyday on innocent and naive people. Oh Lord, they cheat on everything, they asked me to pay USD 75.00 for shipping and when they product arrive FedEx ask me to pay USD 105.oo, when I verified the 11 products they sent for me I am not satisfied even in of them. I have impression the people from biz.com are laughs after the innocent and naive people who are bidding items from them. It is a time wasting when chatting to them about their fake products, shipping, and so on... Please brothers and sisters who are working hard to make money, NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. You will deceive and hurt. bidz.com will pay what they are doing (By GOD).

• Da
    daniela Pavic Jan 11, 2010

I also want to share my horrible experience with bidz. By reading others people comments I see that it is always the same method. I bidded for 2 faberge rings, won, paid but bidz did not shipped them. I exchanged several emails with them and they finally sent one ring, the cheaper one. I emailed again and was advised to send it back to them via FEDEX which I did. Two more weeks, no answer no money return. After several emails from my side they said they did not receive the item. Oh, yes, FEDEX delivered it the next day and someone from bidz signed for it. They are selling the ring again, probably sold it and it will appear again on their sites after they got they money from another naive idiot. It is now more than 2 months that I have not got any answer from bidz. Even the email address of the person Olga Smocinschi does not exist anymore... Does anybody with the similar experience can tell me how to get 2000usd back? How come that police never investigate bidz? Something really stinks there...from the head...

• Ss
    SSav Nov 26, 2010

What is wrong with you people? do you really think a company such big as bidz.com would need your driver's license for anything else?? what would they do with them? give them to a policeman when driving drunk? this is a procedure that a lot of company have like amiclubwear.com which sells cheap items, but they need to do it also. Did you ever think about if somebody would still your card? for example i still a credit card and pay for my items on bidz.com, i will get them, so what then? you will issue a dispute and get the money back but i still get what i paid for with your card!!! that is why a lot of company do that, they verify the billing address from an ID and the name and compare it with the one on the card! what else did you think they can do with it ? you made me laugh!!!An australian driver's license :))))) What on earth would they do with it???

unauthorized billing

I had bid on few items from Bidz.com. When my job was eliminated I contacted the company and explained that I would not be able to purchase the items and to go ahead and repost the items for bid to others. Bidz went ahead and used my credit card information and processed the items without my permission. They would not return my calls when I called to talk with a manager. He only spoke with me once and he was rude.

I contacted the BBB in their area and made no progress. They still owe me approximately $300.00. I tried to contact the people from VISA to report this problem and never received a response even though I sent several pages explaining the issue. Someone from Cardholder Services located in Tampa, FL, did not follow through with this issue. They are suppose to represent VISA.

I had to repeated return items that had gems fallen out of them or were simply bad quality. I will never do business with them again and I am spreading the word to anyone I know. Bidz response to the BBB was that they had tried to contact me, but they never did. The BBB closed the case with no resolution.

Bidz.com Oct 30, 2008

Dear Ms. McIntosh aka Nancy Adams

We would like to address some of the concerns presented in your inquiry.

Bidz.com is only able to process payments when customers contact us in order to process a payment. Once the payment is submitted we are unable to locate any credit card information.

In addition, we see that you were in fact contact on various occasions to discuss the matter. Not only did we send you emails, but we also attempted to contact you by phone. We also tried contacting you prior to your inquiry with the Better Business Bureau.

We do see on your account that you contacted us informing us about your work status. When you were assisted by one of our LiveHelp representatives you requested to have one item removed and that you will do your best to purchase your remaining items. After the payment was received you contacted us stating that it was an unauthorized charge. Therefore you returned the item(s), stating that the returning reason was (a) it was unauthorized (b) you were not satisfied. Once the refund was issued you stated that you should not be subject to a 15% restocking fee. Moreover, when you were contacted by our returns supervisor you said that if he reversed the 15% restocking fee you would drop the dispute.

We have reviewed your refunds, when we received your information from Visa, the funds were automatically reversed. The total amount disputed was reversed back to your payment method. Nothing is owed at this point.

Please feel free to contact us for any further questions or concerns.

Bidz.com/Buyz.com
    ACCESS OUR LIVE HELP LINK
    FOR 24 HOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE

• Ya
    Yahya . H Nov 03, 2008

I am customer at bidz.com i believe they are honest i think misunderstand happened between them

• Na
    nana Mar 25, 2009

yes i agree. i have been doing business with them for quite sometime. they are honest. some people just like to exxagerate on ceratin things to cover up their own mess.

• Le
    Lesley Collins Jan 25, 2018

I have also been ripped off by these scam artists. Ordered a ring in December 2017. Item is paid, not shipped and nobody will respond to my enquiries.

quality of merchandise; their return policy wioth 15%; ad the face that they are selling items which are not what they say they are

brought five items on auction at Bidz.com and received them about a week later. the items in question were of extremely low quality and not as described. All the mrechandise was garbadge pure and simple. when we call bidz.com and told them we wantede our money back we were told we would have to pay a 15% return shelving fee.

whay hasn't anyone gone to the consumer fraud people or the attorney generals office in the state they live in? Has ayoe thought of a class action suit???

Dear Customer,

All of our items are 100% guaranteed to be as described. If they are not as we described them, you then receive a refund in full. When the item is inspected and it meets the information we disclosed during the auction, the item is then determined to be as described. If you by any means you are not satisfied with the item you may return it but you may be subject to a 15% restocking fee. This is all determined upon inspection of the item(s).

Please feel free to contact us with any questions and or concerns.

• Gi
    gineata Nov 04, 2008

I have been buying items from bidz for over two years now. I have spent well over 3000.00 I have always been delighted with everything I purchased. I took a gold watch to Zales for appraisal and they were shocked that I had picked up a $6, 000.00 solid gold watch with swiss works for only 600.00 I will quote the sales guy at zales "I could take a hammer to this and sell it for 600.00 how am I going to sta in business with these kinds of guys out there????!" I got a huge ruby ring with diamonds for $300.00 and I had to stop wearing it as so many people stopped me on the street to ask me where I got it! all that attention was getting on my nerves! my advice to new buyers with any online company is to start low and go slow until you think you really know!

• Ke
    kellyswoman May 12, 2009

I've bought many items from Bidz.com and have referred friends to their sight as well. My daughter buys from them and has for a couple of years. As anyone should know, research what you are bidding on. Go online and find something similar in local stores and compare the price and quality. Then look at the place it is coming from, if it's in another country prepare yourself for extra charges through customs, as this is a possibility. Look at the shipping cost, is it worth it to you compared to buying the same thing locally and paying taxes and your gas to get to that store? And always, if you aren't sure, don't bid. I think most of the people who have a problem with this company just jump in and bid because something looks pretty or they just want it and really don't read the information about the item until they win it, pay for it and receive it, then they really see what they should have read before bidding.

no customer service

I won two items, a bracelet and a ring which they were supposed to send together. I got the bracelet but no ring even though the packing slip said it was enclosed. I have sent several emails to their "customer service" but have never had a response. I have been forced to dispute the charge through my credit card company. I will NEVER use Bidz.com again.

Bidz.com Oct 08, 2008

Dear Susan,

We would like to begin by apologizing for any inconveniences we this may have caused you. if regretfully you receive a package with a missing item, you must contact customer service, by phone, email, and or LiveHelp. This is so that we can assist you in filing a claim for the missing item.

Can you please provide us with a username and or listing number so that we can locate the account and provide you with assistance. Email it to [email protected]

Bidz.com Customer Service

xcellent Dec 15, 2009

Yeah and some positive feed back submissions are fake. Made by bidz staff and agents.

fraud and scam site

Bought 3 items; a titanium ring with a diamond (fake diamond) a solid gold ring and a diamond: gold plated...

total, absolute rip off

This company must have great lawyers because they know how to rip you off with no fear of reprisal. I won a bid on a Tanzanite and Diamond ring when I got it, not knowing much about Tanzanite I was impressed with the deep colour. Not until months later when a friend looked at it with a jewellers loop the we distantly saw the infraction right through the center of the stone and the jagged cut on the bottom of the stone. I like other fools who fall for these scams need to smarten up. I take full responsibility for falling for this, but it won't happen again, and I hope you won't fall for it either.

Bidz.com May 12, 2008

Dear SusieQss,

It is very unfortunate to hear that you have not had a pleasant experience with Bidz.com. We would like you to know that Bidz offers outstanding value for its products through highly entertaining interactive auctions. Not only do we provide consumers a reliable source of bargain jewelry but we strive to provide the best in customer care. If you have received an item that is not as described or was damaged at delivery, you may return the item. Please note that all returns are done on a case by case basis.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns; we are more than pleased to assist you.

skamkiller Mar 15, 2009

They constantly spam craigslist using auction.ult5.com and jewelrybidsite.com. They violate craigslist's terms of use forbidding listings of online auctions.

shopperbest Mar 29, 2009

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices