Best Western / bakerview inn abbotsford

I checked into the Bakerview Best Western hotel last weekend at approximately 7pm. I was told our room was not ready they had just had a week long tenant check out. We went for dinner and were let into our room around 8pm. As we walked to our room there was dirt and mud all over the hallways, rough looking groups of people loitering and smoking outside hotel rooms and sheets of plywood being used as ramps on stair cases. When we got to our room it smelled like someone had been chain smoking in there and the lamp wash smashed. My family went immediately back to the front desk and checked out of hotel. This was the worst hotel experience I've ever had. My husband and I have travelled the world and this was one of the scariest and dirtiest experiences we've had. This has turned up completely off Best Western Hotels. If this is the standard that is being set our family will no longer be staying at this chain of hotels. I would recommend a random site inspection and pulling the Best Western name from this property.

Ma