Best Buy Replacement Contract / never, never buy anything from best buy!

Best Buy sold me a replacement contract for my son’s ipod. They said it would replace the unit “no matter what”. Untrue, when I called the 800 number on the contract I was told by a third party representative that BB no longer honors any replacements of items valued over $300.

They will only try and fix it. My ipod was in their option not repairable. So I was “out-a-luck” I was told by the service manager. The store manager would not even talk to me. They lied and then lied again to cover up the salespersons mis representations. To further insult me they told me that the replacement plan was coded on the invoice as a service plan and that they used the replacement contract form because they probably didn’t have any service plan contracts on hand so they just used that one. What a total bunch of jerks! BTW I cleaned out the ipod and it works find, a little dirt in the contacts on the connection to the computer link. Never, never buy anything from Best Buy!

Va

Comments

• Pe
      29th of Jul, 2008

Having bought a $300.00 ipod and the extended warranty, I spent the first year standing at the geek squad desk while they tried to fix it. After twice sent in for "repair" they replaced this piece of crap with someone else's piece of crap, known as a "refurbished" ipod. Now have ipod in for 3rd "repair". Had been told by store that after two services, it would be replaced with a new one. Now that we're into the 3rd repair I'm told it's not up to Best Buy but Apple. If it was really still under warranty with Apple, why pay the money for the "extended warranty" from Best Buy?

Let's face it-the ipod I purchased was a lemon only to be replaced with another lemon. The only reason I purchased it from Best Buy was for the warranty.

Needless to say, I haven't bought another item from this store since my first disappointing visit to geek squad. And never will I purchase again. BEWARE! RIP OFF! And the mgmt. act as if they know nothing of their dishonest practice! They play dumb so well they should win a "best perfomance for lying" award.