Best Buy / Mitsubishi / extended warranty!

1 Weatherford, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 817-599-9102

I purchased a 65" Mitsubishi TV model #WD-65731 in the amount of 2457.26 also purchased the extended warranty for 432.99 When I purchased this tv the salesman told me that the lamps would have to be replace once every 4 to 6 years I was a little weary but what a nice tv and a very good name brand I thought. Surprise they lasted 54 weeks just out of mfg. warranty. The tv was purchased on 4-22-07 and went out on 5-4-08 I called for service immediately and had an appt.for 5-6-08 in the afternoon took off work to wait for the service never showed called Best Buy Service and they rescheduled me for 5-8-08 I asked for a morning appt. and took off work again and at 2:00 I called the Best Buy service dept and the said they would have to reschedule the appt. again. I decided to drive to Weatherford where the TV was purchased and speak to the mgr. he informed me that this was not Best Buy problem and the called the service man direct in Ft Worth after trying several time in frustration they gave me his direct line and told me to take care of it myself. I purchased the tv and extended warranty from BestBuy and the warranty paper work has there name all over it, how can it not be there problem. I still do not have a working tv and I have no appt. to get it fixed. No one knows who is responsible for the tv or the extended warranty. I have contacted Mitsubishi no one answers there phone, I have contacted BestBuy and AIG warranty co. But at this time no one has called me back or offered any help that will fix this lemon.

Comments

• Ta
      23rd of Jul, 2008

I have a mutsubishi wd-52327 65' tv and my problem is with the lamp. 1st of all, I would not have purchases a tv at cost of $2600 if i knew, i would need to replace the lamp every 18mos,
    the cost for a new lamp with shipping is near $240 dollars.
    If you keep this tv for ten year you will purchases the lamp about 6 times. at today"s cost, I will have spent about $1440 dollars.
    Next time I purchases a tv. I will look on line for complaints.
    At this cost I can not afford this tv, cable is high enough. I fell it is a problems the company needs to warrant, extended warranty cost enough, in ten years i will have pain $4478 dollars for this tv, not including cable.

Now i fell like kids say"jack" for a freaking tv, i thought was a good purchases deal, not on sale.
    oh yea, my salesman of 11years at conn's . when I ask him, what was the one thing about this mitsubishi tv I would have problems with. He states " nothing, you will not spend any more money buying a tv cause this tv will last you 10 to 20 years, just keep the filter dust free". I always clean the filter every 4to 5 mos.
    I guess the salesman forgot about the lemons parts for mitsubishi tv. oh well, call me jack by mitsubishi

• Te
      28th of Oct, 2009

i know the feeling i bought one around same time and have alot of problems with conn's and still being screwed because know i am not get around same price ###