Best Buy — laptop held hostage by the geek squad
On July 27th, I took my laptop to the local BestBuy Geek Squad to repair a crack in the screen. I wasn't sure if it was covered under warranty - apparently not - so agreed to the repair cost and paid a deposit. After a reasonable 3 week wait, I called the local store to find out the status. The employee had no information except what was on the tracker, that of course, I could read myself. It's now September 3rd, and my laptop is still not repaired. A couple of weeks ago I complained on the online corporate website about the bizarre length of time this is taking and received a phone call from a store employee last Fridaywho just read over the phone everything the online tracker stated - laptop received, parts ordered, being repaired -then on 8/17 parts were ordered again and nothing has been posted since!
Needless to say, I have lost all confidence in Best Buy and the Geek Squad and will never purchase another item from that franchise.
More Best Buy Complaints & Reviews
- Best Buy - Return Policy - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday! 
- Best Buy - unacceptable repair and customer service 
- Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product 
- Best Buy Canada - customer service (or lack there of) 
- Best Buy - will not answer their phone! 
- Best Buy - headphones
- Best Buy Canada - No response to my e-mail
- Best Buy - defective products - won't replace
- Best Buy - I swear geek squad is a joke 
- Best Buy - questionable service, or lack of from geek squad