Bell Canada / terrible billing

1 Windsor, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Unfortunately, I was trapped in hands of one of the bell representatives who offered me an attractive deal of 59$ including taxes for my home phone, long distance and internet.When I received the bill of $117, I called bell customer services .They told me to pay just $90.I asked them why should I pay 90 bucks when I got deal of $59 including taxes.Then they transferred me to customer loyality department.I asked them to hear the recorded phone conversation when i was told 59.oo including taxes for the bundle package.Then they said ok your case is under investigation.Hopefully it will be solved soon.Now I received the bill of $253.00.Its terrible ...These people are awfull.Is there any one who can take these lairs to court.Is there any one who can check them what is going on in this"canada's largest network company".I really need help to fight against this company.

Comments

• Si
      8th of Jan, 2010

I have been having a very similar problem with Bell since THEY CALLED ME in April and immediately (as I can now know by hindsight) began lying about their packages and rates if I would come over. Not once has my bill resembled anything like what I was quoted. I've asked them so far three times to cancel my account, I've asked them to review the recording of my contract, and I too have been told that it'll be investigated, only to be charged through the nose again on the next bill. I agree completely. There has to be a way to sue these blatantly lying rip-off artists. Actually, I think civil court is too good for them. This is criminal. How can there be no laws against this in a country like Canada? They should be put in prison.

• He
      22nd of Mar, 2010

Same issue here. All I ordered was basic phone package for $29.95+ taxes a month. My first bill was for $177 an that included NO long distance charges!!

When i phoned and asked they said it was phone rental deposit which I would be credited $100 next bill for. WTF, that means I'm paying $14 taxes either way and I do not have a single phone from them, and even then the bill is $77 which is way more than $30.