Bell Canada - Ontario / telemarketing by bell

1 Orillia, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

On April 22nd, 2009 I received a call from a telemarketer "offering" me free and "better" internet service - a 3 month trial. This is at least the eighth call I have had from them within the past 2 months, and at least the third time I have asked them to remove me from their call list.

Their representatives are pushy and argumentative, often telling you that you don't understand, and will not take no for an answer. I have repeatedly asked them to leave me alone and that I am completely happy with my current service. They can't seem to understand that I'm not interested, even if it is free. On top of that, many of them are difficult to understand. They also ask you what you currently pay for all your services, which as far as I'm concerned is really none of their business. When a person says "No" or "I'm not interested" that should be the end of the call - instead, they ask you why and then start trying to bully you into accepting.

Bell Canada is supposed to be administering the National Do Not Call List (which we have been on)? They can't even get their own Do Not Call List administered properly. This is upsetting me enormously.

Comments

• Al
      13th of May, 2009

Instead of blaming the Telemarketers, u must appreciate the percieverance of these people. And btw, there's no harm in using a Free Trial offer. U gain to loose nothing.

• Jg
      13th of May, 2009

ahem...there is nothing to gain in Bell's "free trial" offer. Their service sucks and their customer service is worse than that - we are ex-customers, so we know the outcome already.

Telemarketers are required to NOT call people who have requested removal from their list, which I have done a multitude of times.

When a telemarketer is rude and insulting, who in their right mind would be interested in trying anything they are offering...even if it is free? Thanks for the advice but I don't much care to be verbally abused before I am even a customer.

• Jg
      13th of May, 2009

Here is what happens when you get sucked in by Bell Canada and one of their telemarketer deals

/URL removed/?q5=Bell+Canada&Search=Search&q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search!

3rd of Jun, 2010

As long as you are a customer I think they feel they can call you up about offers they THINK YOU should be happy about. They were pushy with me as well. A month later they are still pushing me.. They will be calling me back this afternoon as I told them they talk too fast and I want to review the information for myself online first at my OWN PACE.

3rd of Jun, 2010

Also that link from you JGraceyStinson, didn't work for me.

So instead I am using this link:

/URL removed/