Bell Canada / outrageous landline phone bills

Part one has anyone else out there has had a problem with BELL CANADA regarding outrageous land-line phone bills caused by an autodialer? Back in 2006 i received a bill for over $1500 due to long distance charges from some ‘autodialer’ which somehow made these calls using my dial up internet (also a bell product which i no longer have). Bell has agreed that THEY KNEW OF THE SCAM which has affected thousands of their customers (but didn’t inform or warn their customers) but insists that I still have to pay the charges.

Part 2 now here I am almost 6 years later still getting harassing phone calls from their collection agency at all hours of the day 2 days ago it was 7:15 a.m.! Bell as it turns out actually profits from the scam so it is in their best interest to do nothing and tell no one, in my opinion that makes them accomplices and they should be held accountable. If anyone else has had this problem and was able to solve it I would LOVE to hear how you did it as I am sick and tired of this company and want them out of my life FOREVER!

Re