Belk / belk drops card holders due to zero balance on card & inactivity
I went to belk today to find out that belk closed my charge account. I have been a customer and card holder since 1984 (When it was called leggett's).
It's been a while since I have shopped in belk but I have always been able to go to customer service and they have brought my card and information up to date and kept me as a 1984 card holder. Today, I was informed that I was dropped and could only re-apply new as of 2009 (Not 1984). I have been with the company as a responsible card holder since 1984 and I was treated like a bum that had just walked off of the street.
One of the store clerks told me since ge corp had taken over belk that alot of card holders were being dropped that had a zero balance on their account.
Belk has really gone downhill to allow this to happen to long time customers. This is the worse type of pr for this store.
All anyone needed to do was what they did before with my account, bring it up to date so that I could shop in store with my card. Because I had a zero balance on my card - I was declined on my purchases for inactivity on my card. That's a horrible way to be treated for a responsible customer that pays off her balance.
My "since 1984" belk card is still in my purse but it gives me little comfort now to shop in belk store since they have written me off.
More Belk Complaints & Reviews
- Belk Department Store - employees are treated badly 
- Belk Department Store - Columbus, MS - no apology for the rudeness! 
- Belk - do not shop at belk unless you support the reasons they fire associates! do you want to be strong armed into opening a belk charge! 
- Belk - payment on line 
- Belk Department Stores - marianita montero 
- Belk - workers are very rude in the cosmetic department
- Belk - shift manager linda woodard nichols & security
- Belk - amazon echo
- Belk - belk credit card
- Belk - employee care