Beachbody Fitness / misleading sales practices

I recently purchased a HipHop Abs DVD set from this company which is owned by Product Partners, LLC. During the course of the call the rep attempts to sell a variety of other items. She informed me about a FREE TRIAL PERIOD for an online "VIP" fitness svc. She explained that I cld cancel the svc AT ANYTIME. The company billed me $42.13 for what they say is FUTURE svc & when I told them that I was canceling so they cld credit me, they refused to do so. The company recorded the call & when I reviewed the copy they sent me, you cld hear the rep clearly state that I cld cancel at anytime but the supervisor told me that that was not relevant & refused to issue me a credit. The company is deliberately deceptive & I would NEVER purchase anything form them again!!

Comments

• So
      2nd of Aug, 2007

AHHH!!!

I am still hot from just seeing my credit card charged $41.59 for something I did not use. I said repeatedly that I did not want anything but the workout CD. I can even hear in my voice how frustrated I was getting. I contacted the company and was told the same thing.

They sent me a copy of the recording. I was so PISSED that it took 15 minutes just to order the CD's. Because 13 min of the call I am telling the rep that NO I don't want this or that. I said NO over and over again. Then at the end this free "30 day trial period offer" is thrown in. Well by that time I was just ready to get off the phone.

So I to will NEVER buy anything over the phone. It is just not worth the headache!!!

• Be
      12th of Dec, 2007

Beachbody Customer Service can be reached at 800-454-2639 or online at Beachbody.com. Everyone who orders from Beachbody is treated as a valuable member of our community. We aren't perfect, but we are always eager to fix regrettable errors, and to help get people back onto their goal of achieving a healthy, active lifestyle.