Beach Body / hip hop abs

CA, United States Review updated:
****I needed to edit my original complaing because I had a typo**** The original price of the DVDs totaled $79.98 and the infomercial said 50% off the original price. So the new total would have been $39.95 plus shipping and handling******

I was up early on a Saturday and there was an infomercial on t.v (channel 110 which is Food Network (DISH t.v.)@ 5:30 am. The ad specifically mentioned that the price for this was 50% off the original price which was $39.95 plus shipping and handling if you call within the next 8 minutes (This included a total of 7 DVDs + the additional weight loss pamphlets). I called the number they provided on t.v. [protected] and talked to Sandra. Sandra said that on their computer systems she only saw that they were offering 2 CDs for the price of $79.98. A total of 2 payments of $39.95 plus shipping and handling. She said that she sent an email to someone to see if she could use something else since another customer had just called on the same thing. Sandra then got a response back and mentioned that she can only offer me the two DVDs at $79.98. I asked her, "Why would I as the consumer pay double than what was advertised for half of the price." She told me that I can call customer service between the hours of 10AM and 6PM EST on Saturday. I asked for a supervisor and she told me that one was not available. I asked her if she was the only person working in that whole building and she said no so i requested to speak to a supervisor or someone else and she said that no one is available but that when customer service opens, i can call them and speak with them to voice my complaints. I told her that this is false advertising. At the beginning of the call, she said that the call was being recorded. We'll see. This company online does not even have an address. They only have the option to call in. I am sure with all the scams that i have been reading and hearing about, they would not want to put their physical address. I think this is rediculous that a company has to run a scam to make money. With the economic situation the way it is, consumers do not have time to be worrying about scams especially when it comes to paying for money that has to do with improving their health.
Kt

Comments

Dw
  27th of Oct, 2010
Sorry to hear about your problem with Beach Body.. dated back in 2008...

I myself Love this company.. I have signed up this year and I can get products for 25% off..

It's not a scam... Beach Body has over 50, 000 Independent Coaches..

Oh Sign up and the company waives the start up fee..

BeachBody Logo BeachBody