Beach Body / terrible company

Beach Body is a horribly dishonest company. The people you talk to on the phone are in India and either do not understand or pretend not to comprehend English. I ordered on line by mistake by simply pressing a key that did not say final. I immediately called and spoke with a gentleman and told him to cancel the order. He put me on hold then came back and said that he had stopped the order as it had not yet been posted and it would not be deducted from my bank.

I asked where he was and he said he was in India but the company was in California. I then asked him for a confirmation number and he repeated the above statement before pressuring me to place another order. I refused to do so because by that time I felt very uneasy and told him that if I changed my mind, I'd call back. I then sent email canceling any and all orders placed by anyone on my account.

Then, they took it out of my bank. When I called they said it had been shipped before I canceled (all within 3 minutes) the order.

To add insult to injury they took funds out of my bank account the next month for supplements that I did not order. When I have contacted them they have told me I signed up for these things. Finally when I told them I would definitely be taking this to the Attorney General in North Carolina they finally said they would not replace my money but would not take any more out of my account.

They need to be stopped. They are operating using unfair and deceptive trade practices and will stop at nothing to deduct funds from your accounts. They have no shame.

Va

Comments

• Ta
      10th of Oct, 2008

I completely agree. I too am having the most difficult time getting my money refunded on a simple return. I believe their cancellation policy is a joke and no one can comprehend any english. I have been given the run around on my full refund and to this day the refunded they charged me for the amount again and the refunded my account. So where is the refund!! I have filed a comlaint with the Better Business Bureau and sent one last e-mail to the customer service department. In addition I have advised them that if this is not handled in a timely fashion I will have my attorney contact them and take it from there.

Pierre-I see your note mentioning that you are a rep from Beach Body. I'm concerned about giving you any of my information pertaning to this account because I cannot verify if you are in fact from Beachbody or just someone on the internet looking to get people's information. Perhaps if you have a direct # that you can post that may make people feel more comfortable.

• Cy
      21st of Oct, 2008

My Team Beach Body nightmare started last January. I have been trying since then to get them to stop auto-charging my credit card. I have two (2) cancellation confirmation numbers. These apparently mean nothing. I'm not sure what my next step should be.

• Am
      10th of Nov, 2008

Oh my god the similar thing happened to me...I was so angry and yes you are correct they need to be stopped!

• Be
      18th of Nov, 2008

Yes I am a representative as well. You can call our corporate call center at 1-800-240-1068! I will not ask for any credit card information, just billing address and first/last name so I can look up your accounts.

• Di
      21st of Mar, 2009

"Pierre" posts on every website that registers a complaint about beach body. He also, amusingly, posts the exact same post each time.

2nd of Apr, 2009

Yes, I, too, have found a disturbing number of online complaints about beach body and have noticed this message from "pierre" posted at various intervals among the complaints and is always the same - usually with at least one "happy client" comment posted immediately after gushing about how the problem was solved immediately.

As for me, I just found a $50 charge on my credit card from beach body almost NINE MONTHS after my initial purchase. For anyone out there who has purchased from these sneaky ### CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS IMMEDIATELY and keep a close eye on them!!

To anyone thinking about purchasing the beach body DVDs: SAVE YOUR MONEY - THIS IS A SCAM!!!

• Me
      9th of Sep, 2009

I'm having the exact same problem with the some vitamins. Letting them know you no longer want any doesn't seem to be convincing enough for them. They act as if they can do whatever they please with my credit card number and I feel powerless. I need this to stop!

• Dw
      27th of Oct, 2010

all i can say is OMG!!!

• Pu
      12th of Dec, 2011

Here's the thing: Their customer service lacks a lot. Yes, you could say it sucks! But as far as fraudulent charges or anything, I have NEVER had any issues. I have also placed multiple orders with them over the course of a few years. I do not work for Beachbody, I just ended up here because I am having problems with customer service regarding something on their website. Summary: Customer Serivce: BAD! Products: GOOD!

• Lo
      7th of Feb, 2016

I ordered something over a year ago...no idea why I am getting charged at this point>

• Er
      13th of Mar, 2016

My wife ordered a DVD from them and was not happy, we returned the product and canceled it. We sent the item back and received a email saying they received the product but I keep getting billed for it. Since it has been three months I did not keep the email and they say I did not send the product back. No one should ever do business with these people.