Bata / manufacturing defects

1 India Review updated:

I had purchased a Hush Puppies shoes from the Bata show room at M G Road, Secunderabad (ph: [protected]) on [protected].

The left shoe's sole is totally ruptured across the length. It has got too many cracks as compared to right ones. I went to the show room on 7th June 2007 to tell about the defect. I was asked to wait for one hour. Later, I was told - "Nothing can be done. You can change the bottom with payment. Do what ever you want to do!". This is not the way a showroom owner talks to a person. I am working as scientist in Department of Space. I was offended in front of rush, where lot of school children were present (because of school reopening time).

I have been using Hush Puppies shoes from last 16 years. Earlier it was made by Hindustan Lever. Now, Bata makes it.

It has in fact torn much before eight months of its age. I usually go on tour. Even the owner asked me to come after seven days. He did not accept the shoes. But I approached him with a written complaint.

We should not loose the trust with Bata.

Ragards.
S K Patra

Comments

• Ra
      1st of Apr, 2008
    Bata - manufacturing defect
    sa
    dfg
    India
    Phone: 00000

My name is . I purchased one of your products (article number -2716936) last week from one of your showroom at Kazhakkuttam, in Trivandrum, Kerala .On the second day of my purchase when I was walking through the footpath of a busy road the sole of my sandal got removed and fell into the road. It is only because of your manufacturing defect poor quality control. After that I bought a new one from a nearby shop. When I complaint this incident to your showroom .They told me that only if I bring the sandals sole they can do anything. So I brought and gave it to them.

30th of May, 2011

I wish 2 share something different. I am working in Maharashtra Prison Department as Textile Superintendent. We have a huge set up of very modern D.M.S. shoes machinery plant located in Pune.We also assure cheap and assured labour. If Bata could offer us some business..? If u wish please contact 020 26127906. or at e-mail saiprasadkasegaonkar@yahoo.in