Barton Publishing & Welwatch / Taking unauthorised money on credit card

1 P O Box 50Brandon, United States Review updated:

Well, well! I did an internet search on Welwatch as I found that unauthorised monies had been taken from my credit card after I had ordered a report from Barton Publishing. The search found this site and, surprise, surprise, what do I find but other customers of Barton registering the same compliants as they, to0, have had unauthorised amounts taken from their accounts by Welwatch.

So, I immediately (this morning) contacted my credit card company and put the amount ($29.95) into immediate dispute as an unauthorised charge. I also cancelled my card so that they could not continue to "tap into" my account. I am based in the UK so I do hope some of you will file official police complaints against this shower!

Co

Comments

• Do
      21st of Nov, 2008

My credit card statement this month shows an unauthorised charge of £17.70 with the reference HMD08005916383 NJ. Having never had any dealings with Barton Publishing. I am interested to learn that these two companies appear to be linked.
    In an attempt to resolve this problem I have emailed
    Barton publishing at 'Support@Bartonpublishing.com'...I await their reply.

• De
      27th of Jan, 2009

In my humble experience (employed by a major credit card bank) is that many customers did auth welwatch to bill the account. From what I have learned, the customers had made a purchase with Barton publishing and ae intrigued bya rebate off er from wewatch. What the customer fails to acknowledge is that, in accepting the rebate they are also accepting a 15 day trial of the welwatch service. The service nust be cancelled within the trial period for the customer to avoid membership charges. This is my experience, and from it i can conslude that customers really should not be so quick to get what they incorrectly understand to be "free money" in the form of a rebate without making themselves fully aware and accountable. Everything has a price or a catch to it.