Having problems with Bartleby.com?

Bartleby.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 22, 2017. The latest review Bartleby Write and Bartleby Learn was posted on Apr 13, 2021. Bartleby.com has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 87 reviews. Bartleby.com has resolved 0 complaints.

Bartleby.com Customer Service Contacts

P.O. Box 13
New York, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bartleby.com Customer Service. Initial Bartleby.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bartleby.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bartleby.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Bartleby.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Bartleby.com Complaints & Reviews

Bartleby.comBartleby Write and Bartleby Learn

My daughter bought books for her college classes at University of Nevada, Reno in January, 2021. She used my credit card. The cashier asked her if she wanted a free trial of Bartleby. My daughter said no. Apparently she received the "free trial" anyways. My credit card got billed $9.99 twice each month for Bartleby. Cancelling is difficult because they only take emails. They have a policy TO NOT REFUND! Even though my daughter didn't accept this product and NEVER used it. They are unethical. DON'T use this company. They only want your money and they don't care about helping struggling students.

Bartleby.comSubscription

Every math problem I needed help with they got them wrong caused me to get an f and they won't give refund what a joke bartleby is garbage they got 50 math problems incorrect that is awful I might as well have asked my 4 year old son for help I feel as if they are nothing more than a rip off taking peoples money and they can't even help people with there work they get every damn answer wrong I'm guessing they have preschoolers working there over all I want my $10.00 bucks back I wasted on bartleby subscription

Bartleby.comUnauthorized Credit Card Charge After I have Unsubscribed

COMPLAINT ABOUT BARTLEBY DEDUCTION ON MY ACCOUNT
      I accepted a promo of Barleby learn to have a discount of 25%.
      HERE ARE THE DETAILS OF THE TRANSACTION.
      Store: West Virginia University BSKT, College Avenue, Morgantown (Phone: [protected])
      Store: 05830, REG: 008, TRAN#: 1626
      Date of Transaction: 11/12/2020
      Items Purchased: Doctoral Graduation Apparel, Cap, and Tassel
      After three weeks I called the store that II would like to opt out or unsubscribe to the promo to avoid being charged every month. They told me I have to send email to Bartleby to unsubscribe.
      On December 04, 2020, I received an email from [protected]@bartleby.com that my card will be charged 9.99 on December, 12, 2020,
      On December 05, 2020, I sent an email to them that I would like to unsubscribe but to my surprise thy still went ahead to charge me.
      The store where I purchased their item only asked me to send email but I wanted to talk to them, but this company phone number cannot be find because all efforts to do that were in vain.
      I am no longer in the Subscription again and so I want them to restore the amount of $9.99 the charged me on December.
      Attached are:
      1. Receipt of my transaction
      2. The email I sent to Barleby to unsubscribe.

Thanks for your intervention,
      I look forward for your resolution

Best regards,
      Olantrewaju John Fadairo
      [protected]

Unauthorized Credit Card Charge After I have Unsubscribed
      Unauthorized Credit Card Charge After I have Unsubscribed

Bartleby.comLearn

I tried sending this message the same day that I ordered on 9/17/20. The only way to contact Bartleby.com is by email, of which I kept getting an error message and I have no other way to contact Bartleby.com
        There is no phone # listed.
        I tried google searching a phone # with no success. I also read a complaint on your site that someone did call Bartleby.com but they recieved a message stating that their phone was full and they are not accepting calls.

I accidentally ordered Bartleby learn through my credit card Ending in 8832 on 9/17/20. I am canceling this and I am requesting a refund of $4.99.

Thank you.
        Laura Phillips
        [protected]@yahoo.com
        [protected]

Bartleby.comCard will still be charged

I subscribed for a free trial to Bartleby on march of 2020. A week before my free subscription was up, I quickly signed into my account and went to account settings and selected the option to cancel my membership. I was sent in an email confirming this. 2 months later with no job and no school due to the pandemic, I find that Bartleby had continued to keep my subscription active and charge me full price for 5 months, approximately -$30.00 each month from April - July, via PayPal. I quickly went to Bartleby to see if I was still able to sign in and to my surprise my account was still activated. I go in once again and cancel my subscription, but now I fear that they will still continue to take my money so I remove my debit card from PayPal so as to not run into this issue again because I do not trust that this situation will be handled by me simply "deactivating" my membership. Not only this but when I canceled this time I was told that my card will still be charged for the remainder of this month of August.

• Gr
              Gregre Nov 15, 2020

Bartleby deliberately and systematically keeps charging customers after a cancelation. I had the same problem. They refused to refund the money eventhough I canceled in time.
              Fortunately, PayPal was able to refund my money.
              It's a scam and you should inform everybody!
              Read the reviews on Trustpilot

Bartleby.comCharged for subscription

I never signed up for this service and there is a charge on my credit card for $9.99. I can find no phone number to cancel. You need an email associated with the subscription to email through their page and since I never signed up I don't have one. I tried calling my credit card but the charge is still pending so they will not do anything yet. So very frustrating!

Bartleby.comFraudulent charges

I was charged $4.99 5/8/2020. I did not sign up for this charge and I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company. I was issued a new charge and now on 6/8/2020 a charge of $9.99 was made to the new card. I emailed to have these charges stopped and was told it is linked to an email that is not mine. This is a brand new card. I would like to know how you got my credit card information just days after it was mailed to me?!?! Please refund the two charges and never charge my credit card again.

Bartleby.comThey have charged my bank account three times

I Signed up for a one month on March 1, 2020 @ $19.95 and so far they have charged my bank account three times @ $59.95 March, April and May. On June 2, I was charged again (that makes it four times). I printed the paper where they told me I would pay on a quarterly system. I let it go, Cause I thought I was going to have access for three months but I noticed they have charged me every month for 4 months.
                I want to cancel now and get my refund for the overcharges. The phone number they have listed, lets me know that they are not accepting any more calls but site they give to communicate is not easily found.

My Subscription ID was 5812900.

Bartleby.comCharged $90

I had signed up for a "free account", however, it is mandatory to put in your card. So I did this, read all of the terms and conditions, pressed okay, went on the website and realised that this site wasn't useful. So I cancelled my subscription straight away. I didn't even have the account for 5 minutes and I was charged $90. I simply cannot afford this in these times when I don't even have a job now, especially when I didn't use the account.

Bartleby.comFree trial?

Hi, I had the exact same issue as everyone else. I did their $2 free trial and when I tried to cancel within 48 hours I wasn't able to. I contacted the company twice during the 48 hour period trying to get it canceled and no one had gotten in contact with me. I called the number that was on this website but it was their domain name and they said if I felt they were abusing their services

Bartleby.comContinued charges for student success.

No wonder college students are accumulating debt because of companies like yours. I expect a prompt response to this email. I want charges to my credit card stopped immediately. And now you have no phone support and the complaint "disappears" if you dont hit the correct submit button. You guys are TRULY the poster advertisement for piling debt on today's college kids or their parents.

I expect a prompt reply as your voice mail states.

Randy Holmes

Bartleby.comCancelled subscription

I cancelled my subscription. However I still got charged $30. Over the last two weeks I have called and left multiple messages. To no avail. Customers are lead to believe that Bartleby is efficient and supposedly makes students' lives easier. My experience has proven to be the contrary. I assume Bartley will uphold it's advertisements, guidelines, and reputation by rectifying this problem. I am willing to refer my fellow college peers to Bartleby contingent on a refund.

Dec 09, 2019

Bartleby.com — 7 day free trial

I canceled my 7 days for 7 dollar acct last Monday and when I did that they gave me 7 more days for free. I...

Dec 04, 2019

Bartleby.com — I didn't authorize the transaction hence need my refund.

Hi, so I got a notification that my card was used for you service. I made inquiries and figure out who and...

Nov 16, 2019

Bartleby.com — Bartleby learn

On 10/31 2019 @05:16pm I signed up for your product at University of Michigan - Flint. I have not received my...

Nov 15, 2019

Bartleby.com — bartleby.com

Hi I went to my college bookstore to grabbed something and at check out I was asked to sign bartleby and I...

Nov 13, 2019

Bartleby.com — continuous charge

To whom it may concern: I canceled my subscription last month due to no longer needing to use the site for a...

Nov 02, 2019

Bartleby.com — bartleby student

This company is fraudulent! You get the students credit card number when ordering textbooks from Barnes and...

Oct 22, 2019

Bartleby.com — $9.99 charge

Hi, I used Bartlebya few months ago and after I was done using the website, I cancelled my subscription on...

Oct 18, 2019

Bartleby.com — The Bartleby's Essay

Yes on Friday Oct. 11th and today Oct. 18th my card was charged a fee of $7.00 then $29.95. I cancelled my...