Barclays Bank Credit Card / Harrsement to the customer, bad behaviour of the customer service staff

India Review updated:
Dear Sir,

I am your customer (Credit Card Number : [protected]) and have been a respected & privileged customer of not only your bank but also reputed bank Standard Chartered Bank, HDFC, ICICI to name a few which have been upgraded to Gold and Titanium for being a privileged customer.

My complaint are as follows :

I had received your bill for the period Jan- March 1, 2008 amounting to Rs. 20708/- . I had deposited the cheque into my nearby drop box - Gala Medical Stores, Mulund East on Friday, Feb 22, 2008 (this is where I have always been depositing my cheques which have been cleared). Though I was on my official tour, I never being a defaulter religiously deposited the cheque on Feb 22 (which was the last day of payment).

On Feb 23, I receive a call from your "RUDE " customer service staff "demanding that I pay the amount by cash". I being a patient customer, thought that if would be more meaningful and wise to speak to your bank instead of speaking to some "sleazy customer service staff who did not have the basic etiquette of talking to a privileged customer like me". ALSO, LET ME ALSO STATE THAT FEB 25 & 26, 2008 WAS A DECLARED BANK STRIKE ALL OVER INDIA.

I did call your bank staff on Feb 27, 2008 and spoke to Mr. Manish who was very cordial enough to assure me that the late payment charge would not be implied to me. I was very impressed.

BUT, to my dismay, I receive a bill dated March 1 to April 2, fining me Rs.300/- as “LATE INTEREST FEE, WITH AN EXTRA INTEREST OF Rs. 935.12). The funny part is that, they cleared my cheque and still sent me a late payment. When I called the customer service staff again, they AGAIN agreed me to reverse the payment. Me, again not to mention my “privileged status” paid the bill which was rightly due to me, amounting to Rs.191/- . YES, I REFUSED TO PAY THE UNETHICAL LATE FEE CHARGES INDUCED ON ME”

From then on the harassment began… Your customer service staff kept calling me “threatening me, using bad language”. They ALSO, sent me an SMS threatening me that they would inform the credit bureau to stop my other credit charges.

Now this is a limt… You have forced me to write this note. But this is not the end, I am forced to go to the PRESS and CONSUMER COURT for the classic harassment and mental torture you staff has put me through.

Best regards,

19th of Jun, 2008

Barclays Bank Credit Card - Missing application
Barclays Bank
www.barclays.com

I had filled in a credit card application for Barclays bank twice and had provided my personal details and photocopies of ID. When I complained about it nothing was done and they ask for the same information I had provided. It looks like they haven't even read my mail!
Be
  27th of Feb, 2009
I am on a Hate In with Barclays Bank. They are unreasonable and will not assist with a late charge given to me . They claim I was 1 day late ...I have always paid my bills on time and even very early. This particular check was sent in time. Do you think it was not opened in a timely fashion ..They will hear nothing and have charged me $29.00 on a $175.00 bill. The way things are now you would think they would want to help out a good customer . I am tearing up my card. Who needs them...POOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS...I am billing them for when I paid early.
Um
  8th of May, 2009
hi iam barclay bank credit card customer where i am using card for more than three years the collection people have insulted my total family for the payment which they have not received and they cheated by giving false statement and really launched a complaint against the bank to police.
Ba
  6th of Apr, 2010

Barclays Bank Credit Card - Quality of Service and Incompetent Staff
Barclays Bank Credit Card
New York

BARCLAYS BANK CREDIT CARD SUCKS!!! AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
SO MUCH FOR THE BAILOUT MONEY TERMS!!

My mom applied for a Barclay card through Apple because she wanted to take advantage of the 12 month promo. What a nightmare!!! Had we known we would have just put the purchase on another card. My mom has a credit score of 780!! living in the same house which she owns for over 38 years!! working for the company my father owns for over 20 years!! never late on any of her payment!!
After mailing in the copies of identification they requested, after faxing in copies, after answering ALL their questions, after getting approved and being told that she can just go online or call an Apple rep to place her order... which she did...she was told that now she would have to wait ANOTHER 3 DAYS!!! they need to get their heads out of their ###!! and frankly mom doesnt want to have anything to do with them especially after speaking with one of the Barclays Bank Security reps named MATT ( April 6, 2010 @12:51pm from NY) who was nothing more than an automaton.
A cog in a machine who could not care less about my experience and the fact that for the last 3 weeks they have been raking my parents through the coals for a $2500 line of credit?

Your customer service skills suck MATT and you need a lesson on empathy!! but what can one expect... After all it all starts at the top.

If you want to give your hard earned money to a credit card company that sees you as a being nothing more than a digit... a number than Barclays is your Bank
Bo
  23rd of Jul, 2010
Wow, what a joke of a bank. Barclays Bank's customer service department is by far THE worst I have encountered. I am surprised Frontier Airlines has not moved on to a different bank to administer the frequent flier credit card offer. The customer service at the bank is the worst I have ever experienced.

If I did not love Frontier Airlines and want the mileage credit I would have dumped Barclays Bank long ago.

Seriously, I do not understand how a company (Barcays) can stay in business with the poor customer service, lack of follow through, incompetent employees, not well-trained employees on their own products (e. g. stating they don't offer a "Pay Pass" credit card through Frontier Airlines, when they do!!!), weak supervisors, not calling back within 24 hours as they state a manager will do and managers not even aware of what the problem is.

This goes back to mid-May when I was sent a new credit card because I was "upgraded" to a better card. Two months later and nearly 30 phone calls and I don't have resolution and continue to get incompetent customer service employees who give me incorrect information and do not seem to care to fix the situation. Stay clear of getting one of these cards if you can help it. (I read the negative post by a person who "was roped" into one there at the Denver Airport.)

I am so disappointed in this product, Barclays Bank, any Barclays cards, especially the Frontier Airlines Barclays MasterCard, the incompetent call center they use in Manila, the uniformed bank customer service personnel in the U.S. who do not follow through and seem uninterested in helping, Frontier Airlines.

There are other better choices out there. Be aware - Mike
As
  4th of Dec, 2010

Barclays Bank Credit Card - Dishonest Agent from Barclays Bank
Barclays Bank Dubai
United Arab Emirates

For those are being approached by Barclays Bank Credit Card agents, BEWARE !

Back in July 2010, one of Barclays agent approached me and persuaded me to sign up for a platinum card - I've found out that he's provided me with several false information regarding the deal

First he told me that the butler service to the airport is FREE - As I'm a frequent traveller, I thought this would be useful - I later found out that I needed to pay DHS 100 for this ! - I confirmed this with the agent many times before signing up so this is not a question of my memory !

He also told me that I will be charged DHS 300 for the annual fees but this will then be credited back to my account if I were to spend DHS 100 in the first 60 days, which I did - it's been 5 months later and that has not happened so I called up the customer service line and they told me that there is no such deal !!!

I'm extremely unhappy about this - the agent is unprofessional and I can't believe that Barclays would hire such people who would lie to their customers just to get them to sign for credit cards to fullfill their quota !

I've dealt with manu international banks before and Barclays is by far the worst ! - VERY DISAPPOINTED !
Ma
  16th of May, 2011
(Manoj Juggal - Cell No. 9811803524) I am getting call from your recovery staff since last more than 7 months about an unsetteled issue. I have been panalised by many rupees against which was due late credit of amount (due to Bank Strike) which was not in my control. I requested many times to your bank to remove excess charges, but regret to get any possitive reply and since than I realised that No one will care about customer. Since last two months I was getting calls again and was agreed to pay actual Principal amount which is almost 7235.00 but your staff (Nehru Place Brach) was asking for 9500.0 aprox. After our long debait on not giving excess amount and rash laguage used by one of the staff Mr. Ajay Singh, I have decided to not to pay any amount to BARCKLAYS.

Barclays Bank Logo Barclays Bank