Bankers Life and Casualty / Return of money

Let me start out by saying I have 9 policies with Bankers Life and Casualty. Some are life insurance policies and I had 1 income replacement policy. My husband and I have 2 bank accounts, he is on Social Security Disability his disability check goes into one bank and the other bank is where we have a checking account, well every month I would have to transfer mymoney from the one bank to the other bank to pay on my life insurance policies, so my agent, Julie Griffith in which she is a great. Well we decided to swith everything to come out automatically from my husbands bank account that the disability check goes into. Well Bankers Life and Casualty didn't get the paperwork in time so I received $175.00 plus in fees. So Since January 5th, 2009 I have been fighting to get these fees back. Well Julie, my agent finally go everthing approved after 30 days, so this stupid guy who works at the home office in Indiana, his name is Ryan Hitz told my agent that he was overnighting my check on Thursday, February 5, 2009. I did not receive the check on Friday, Saturday, Monday. I called Julie and told her that the check has not come. She called her boss and they got a hold of the head office, in which this idiot works, and he calls me on Tuesday, Febraury 10, 2009 and tells me that it was tooo late for him to overnight it on Thursday, so he mailed it out on Friday regulary mail. I am so livid, I can't believe that people can be so inconsiderate with other peoples money. I asked him if it was his money he would have wanted ASAP. It's not like its 5 or 10 dollars, you are talking about almost $200.00 plus all the long distance phone calls I am getting charged on my cell phone and home phone and everthing else. I get a call from my agent today, Wednesday, February 11, 2009 she tells me that the check was sent out Friday, February 6, and it was sent to my daughters house. I am even more mad that he would send my check to my daughters house because he was toooo lazy to look up my address. My daughters has a life insurance police in which I am the owner but becasuse she is 19, and does not live with me they had to use her address for her policy, so that was the address that this idiot, Ryan saw first to he just sent the check to her, in which she said that the check still hasn't gotten to her house. I told my agent that this Ryan should be held accountable for his stupidity and not caring about my money. I am really considering changing companies, but my situation is this, we have been with this company for 9 months and my agent is awsome, and if I leave this company she will be the one who loses out. I just want my money and compensated for all the greaf and aggreavation that I have endured. I told Julie that if they are willing to waive my charges for all my insurance policies for next month I will keep them as an insurance agency. I feel like I have really gotten jurked around for 36 days that they have not paid me my money. I want justice. I am going to write everyone I can and tell my story until I have been justified. Please contact me at lmmilano143@yahoo.com

Comments

• Su
      8th of May, 2009

While there is no excuse for what happened to you, when you change bank accounts, etc. these things take time. This was a terrible error on the part of the home office and rest assured that your agent really took care of you, and now look at how much you trust her. Give it time and see if this was an isolated incident.

• St
      29th of Mar, 2010

175.00 my mother got token for that time ten, just a 88 year old woman money just gone, and the office in germantown wi act just this was no money to the company and its been two years and I tried not to get so up set about it but what i will say is this about thie company RRRRRRUUUUNNNN don't do it put your money in the bank. let the goverment take care of you and your old age..