Bank Of America / trick to charge the late fee

1 POBox15713Willington, DE, United States Review updated:

I pay all my bills in the beginning of every month. Because I pay full amount around same time every month, I dont check all the detail of the statement, especially on this credit card. I seldom use this card. I use other card more. This month I noticed that BOA charged me the late fee. I am not complaining about the late fee. There is a reason my late payment. I checked the due date was 5/3. The due date is around the 8th of every month. I checked the previous due date online;10/12, 11/1, 12/7, 1/1, 2/1, 3/8, 4/2, 5/3.

I dont know why BOA keeps on changing the due date. I found out that I had paid the another late fee on Feb, too. If I had balance on other months, I would have paid more late fees.

All my other credit cards dont change due dates like this. They only change 1 or 2 days if they change.

I dont think it's fair to change the due dates like this. All I can think is that this is a BOA trick to charge the late fee to its customers.

Thank you for reading!

Va

Comments

• Kr
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Thanks I'll have to document all of my accounts that way and be more vigilent...is there anything that can be done about it??

• Dj
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I am having the same frustration with Bank of America. This is my first credit card with Bank of America, and I have NEVER seen more trickery than this. I always pay on the day that I receive my bill. But, almost 3 weeks after making my payment, when I logged online to my account, I noticed my payment was still pending and scheduled to process 21 days AFTER!! This is not right, as the date they change to process the payment is dangerously close to the payment due date. My boyfriend has a Bank of America card as well, and was slammed with a late fee for this reason.

Something is very fishy here. Perhaps we all join together to file a class-action suit?