Bank Of America / scam and abuse!

1 1207 market streetWheeling, WV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3042332440

I am a business owner... I applied for a business bank of america visa card... For money in money out use for customers paying by cash and repaying there purchase with a credit card... Never was late with payments paid the balance... But but... Bank of america visa never told me that they charge a daily interest rate and inhinded charges on top of there monthly interest rate... Which we were unaware of... After three years... $15, 000.00 dollars of interest was added on to the visa card... Can this be real... How can they get away with this robbery... We finally got a loan and closed the acct. And please be aware of this horrible company... I hope this helps people out there thinking about a credit card for there business...

Comments

• Ta
      25th of Jan, 2010
    Bank Of America - Horrible Customer Care
    Tanya
    Massachusetts

They have the worst customer care I have every seen, let it be the check card or the Credit Card all their assocites are snobbs, rude and mannerless. This is not a feedback based on 1 or 2 experiences, its the 5th time and they have always been no help and a lot of attitude, looks like they bring me business not me

• Ni
      26th of Jan, 2010

agree, have a worst experience with this bank ever, going to move to another bank.

Nina

• Rw
      29th of Jan, 2010

e mail from someone acting as a bank of america officer.
    asking me for my debit card #, pin #.and social security #.

I contacted the B of A bank and told them about this e mail.

they told me if was a sham and to call the f b i
    or e mail them at:
    www.ifccfbi.com
    everyone, this is a sham.

do not respond to this request .
    B of A does not ask for this type of information over the internet or phone.
    ron.

2nd of Feb, 2010
    Bank Of America - closed account
    bank of america

closed credit card account for unknowned reason after paying over 12 years .this bank keeps hiking interest rates even though payments are never late.

2nd of Feb, 2010

it is true bank of america keeps fooling customers with their practices.this bank should be out of business

• Ov
      4th of Feb, 2010

Bank of America failed to pay our property taxes from escrow in 2009 and even sent us a statement saying they were paid. We had to pay an extra $4000 and never were able to get reimbursed even though we have tried everything we know how to do.Now they are trying to do it to us again for 2010 and there is enough money in the escrow. We have called them numerous times, have called our state attorney general but I bet we end up paying them again. It is such a stress ful situation because we have to literally scrape the bottom of the barrel to get the money. We dont have money for a lawyer-dont know if they could force any action either.

• Ka
      5th of Feb, 2010
    Bank Of America - Bogus NSF fees charged to my account
    Kandy N. Addison Paralegal
    Riverside
    California

I have been charged excessive NSF fees when my account had suffients fund to pay for my purchases. The bank has no explanation for this activity. On 2/2/10, I went into the bank personally and spoke with a personal banker and lodged a complaint for the banks theft of my money. They submitted the report online and as of this date they have still not returned my money.

• Ke
      19th of Feb, 2010
    Bank Of America - settlement agreements
    BOA

THIS COMPANY WAS BAIL-OUT BY OUR TAXPAYING MONEY, i made a settlement agreement back in june of 09 they accepeted this but two months later they started calling and sending letters informing me that they never agree to this and that i still owe the balance of this account plus interest and it had to be paid in full within 30 days . just wondering if anybody else had a similar situation

23rd of Feb, 2010
    Bank Of America - I will never do business with this bank again
    bankofamerica.com

I have paid off two mortgages and have had several CDs with Bank of America, but that did not mean anything to the associates I spoke with. I was treated with disrespect and inflexibility. I will never do business with this bank again.

• Ri
      24th of Feb, 2010

When I first applied to Bank of America for a credit card, I was denied because of a less than perfect credit, and, instead was offered a debit card or the way they put it: "a secured account!" This meant that it was backed-up with the moneys in the account! Well, at first, it worked so that, if a debit was presented by a business; the bank would pay the transaction IF THE MONEYS WERE IN THE ACCOUNT AT THE TIME; IF THE MONEYS WERE NOT AVAILABLE, THE BANK WOULD NOT HONOR THE DEBT AN WOULD SENT THE DEBT BACK TO THE MERCHANT UNPAID! CHARGE THE ACCOUNT WITH AN "INSUFFICIENT ACCOUNT" FEE AND THAT WOULD BE THE END OF IT. The customer would have a fee when he contacted the merchant. My point being that it was just "one" transaction!
    The new "scam" came into effect when the bank "honors" (that's the new term!) all transactions that reach the account. and charges the account holder $35 per each one!
    The Secret: Process all debits before it processes any CREDITS to the account!
    Since the beginning of the year (approximately 3 months!) this "SCAM" has yielded Bank of America over ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS IN OVERDRAFT FEES TO MY ACCOUNT!
    As a consequence from this I could not make my mortgage payment this month! And the bank refuses to return any and all fees it has taken from the funds in the account! Is there anything I can do to suit BofA for this less than Honest Standard! Please, if anyone has any advice on this new "scam" please write to me!

• Or
      28th of Feb, 2010
    Bank Of America - BOA charged my accounts with service charges causing me to be in overdraft
    bankofamerica.com

Three times within the last several months, BOA charged my accounts with service charges causing me to be in overdraft. One being my savings. $12.95 for not maintaining a certain balance. This was out of the blue seeing as though I had not had this so-called balance for many months. They also charged my joint account $5.95 for months for the same reason. Gee, I thought it was "free checking".

• Tn
      10th of Mar, 2010
    Bank Of America - property claims dept.
    Smyrna
    Tennessee

If anyone knows of a class action lawsuit against Bank of Americas property claims dept. let me know. Id like to be included in it.
    Email is jeff-lynch@att.net.
    Bank of Americas property claims dept. is the most disorganized people ive ever dealt with. Everyone you talk to has a different answer on why they wont release money that is to be used to repair your home or business that insurance has already paid you for.

• Sm
      13th of Mar, 2010
    Bank Of America - Took $280.00 (8 overdraft fees @ $35.00 each) from my account
    bankofamerica.com

Am unemployed. Have auto deposit unemployment which would be been deposited to my Bank of America checking account at 0001 hours on 7 July 2009. Woke up this morning to find that Bank of America had processed payments PRIOR to crediting the deposit, taking $280.00 (8 overdraft fees @ $35.00 each) from my account, leaving only $6.09 for me to live on. I request that the $280.00 be credited to my account immediately.

• Je
      23rd of Mar, 2010
    Bank Of America - Not issuing a matured $1,000. Bond
    Minnesota

I was notified by the Indiana Attorney General that I had unclaimed property in the amount of $1.000. and that Bank of America had the money (bond) I sent the IAG the necessary info they required. They inturn forwarded this info to BA. This was approx 3 months ago. I have called BA but they have not responded What do I need to due.

• Pa
      25th of Mar, 2010

I have the same problem. I lost my detached garage on February 9th and the insurance company sent us a check and we have to send it to BoA. Which I did last week and STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM. The guy who we talked to last week said we would get a check to start the rebuilding of our garage. I have not heard from them at all nor the check to pay the contractor, now I'm paying out of my pocket.

• De
      26th of Mar, 2010

Do not contact callmedevonte@yahoo.com User name paultheinvestigator

He is a scam artist. I think he wants people to give them personal information for his benefit - DONT TRUST HIM!!!

He tried scaming me, I asked about the law suit. He is now claiming he got me my claim check from BofA and wants me to pay him. I told him how that was possible since he had none of my info.

• Me
      7th of Apr, 2010
    Bank Of America - THey are full of it
    Eden
    North Carolina

I had an account in Bank of America I dont owe them money and they wont let me get my sons SSI check out. I have fought and fought them, now I have been evicted and have no power. My sons disabled and we are in the truck, no a/c in the driveway. Risk dept tells lies about a supervisor and all. BANK OF AMERICA NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN...

• Al
      10th of Apr, 2010
    Bank Of America - Fee for check cashing with out receipt
    personal
    Pasco
    Washington

I went to cash my payroll check they say there were six dollars charge becouse i dont have an account with them, i say it was fine just gibe me a receipt of wath i pay to you, they say they can not do it. My question is how can they charge for someting with out receipt.

• Md
      16th of Apr, 2010
    Bank Of America - Denied Priveledge To Do Business Banking Elsewhere
    Georgia

Went to a bank in a town i just moved in and they told me i could not open a checking account due to the check system. Bank Of America should not be able to blackball a persons future banking with other banks of prefferred choice by placing your name and social security number in a ChexSystems...The first I heard the problem, but a hard and embarrassing way to find out.

• Rw
      16th of Apr, 2010

well by now everyone should know about chex systems so you should have known better and i know i dont know but it sounds like you were trying to get over that may have worked in the early 90's