Bank Of America Line Of Credit / overcharged
Get this. I called BOA and requested a decrease in by interest rates that have crept up from 7.99 up to 14.99% on a large line of credit.
I was then told that I could not get this because my payments have been late twice in 6 months. Not True... Some time during the summer of 08 I received a statement that had 2 late payments listed. I had in fact paid the bill 12 days early...They counted this as a payment in the previous month..They removed the charges, but the late payment remained on what they call an in house report...
I have 2 accounts that i make payments from listed on BOA. For those of you who are not aware. BOA had a security breach of their computers sometime in Oct 08.. I had (immediately after my payment cleared) changed one of my Bank accounts a new bnk acct.
I received another notice of 2 more $49. late fees, Not one charge, They always charge me twice. The problem as I see it, they deleted my bank accounts from the account in order to 'protect my information'. Then proceeded to charge me late fees, and..get this... a NSF fee because when they reset my account back to the previous old accounts a month after the old bnk account was closed. The new account had to be re-entered...in order for them to correct the error. The late notations and the NSF is still listed on their in house report..therefore I cannot get a decreased interest rate.
And to top this I have copies of all computer generated payment to them with confirmation numbers and dates to show timely payments.
They told me that they didn't make enough money off my acct to decrease my interest rate.
More Bank Of America Line Of Credit Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank of America - bank causing high overdrawn account & unnecessary fees
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud department
- Bank Of America Corporation - credit card
- Bank Of America Corporation - rewards program
- Bank Of America Corporation - location