Bank Of America / service fees?

1 KS, United States Review updated:

This bank is really going down hill. The past year after starting my account with this bank they seem to be charging service fees. Just four months ago they took out 25 dollars for my Campus Student Checking Account?? I asked the representative what the charge was for and she said it was a fee to keep the account open? On their Brochure it says free checking/savings no charges. I told the representative named Sarah about the Brochure saying "Free and No Charges" and she said Oooh, she looked blank at first than she said she would see about getting it back on the account. That is a lie, three weeks after that the fee was never returned! Anyways just one week ago they charged me 28.00 service fee. I was like WTF. My other bank I had banked with for four years never charged service fee, only they charged me when I took money out of the ATM. I finally had enough of BofA and closed my savings and checking account with this bank. I took my $2, 340 out and put it back in my other bank which is CCCU which is a way better than Bank of America. Sorry Bank of America but something definately is wrong with either your system your running or your lying to your customers in order to sign them up. If you like being charged fees to have money in your account go with Bank of America, if you don't like seeing fees on your banking statement go to a bank where they really offer "FREE CHECKING & SAVINGS."

Comments

• Ar
      28th of Mar, 2011

Sorry to hear that.

I've had a CampusEdge account with BOA for two years now. (Guess that one is different from yours) and I have never been charged a service fee.

I know they charge a fee for savings accounts unless you keep like $300 or so in it.

I am not a BOA employee, I am a sophomore at Radford University studying Computer Science and Networking.