Bank Of America / fraud activity!

1 2545 E Jeffrey LoopFlagstaff, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 928-600-2923

I was a victim of an internet check fraud scheme and Bank of America refuses to take any responsibility on this issue. I lost over $2, 000.00 in savings and now my account with B of A is negative $4, 200.00, which they are requiring that I pay back to them. They know this was not my fault but they refuse to live up to the fraud protection promise to their customers. In essence, the bank feels that I should have to pay over $6, 000.00 for something I couldn't control!!! They do not care about my well-being or the fact that my life is ruined because of this. I have no money to eat, pay my bills, or even pay for gas...

EVERYTHING IS GONE, including the money that I had saved for college! Their behavior is outrageous and something needs to be done to persuade them to do the right thing.

Comments

• L
      12th of May, 2008

My son's account info was somehow stolen and charged by a company called "Mazein" (which bills for an adult sex dating site online). Even after requesting a freeze on the account, they charged it a 2nd time. He never even used his account one time (save for the initial deposit to open it). The bank is refusing to refund the 2nd charge (even though it happened after he filed a fraud report) and is refusing to credit any of the overdraft charges for either transaction. My son is a minor and opened the account without my consent anyhow yet B of A refuses to speak with me about the account. I do not see how it is ethical or legal for them to let a 17 year old open an account without my consent. He never made the online transaction (first one was day before Thanksgiving and he was no where near a computer that day!), he filed a report and everything. Now they have turned him over to a collection agency for the overdraft fees!