Bank Of America Debit Card / allowed funds to be withdrawn by merchant

1 Tucson, AZ, United States Review updated:

My wife and I owned a very successful business called RaveXpress Courier Services. We used Enterprise Commercial Truck Leasing as one of our vehicle suppliers. We got hurt financially with the economy and a bad employee who stole us blind, and so we had to sell our business.

We still owed Enterprise a sum of money for back lease payments, so we set up a payment arrangement. Enterprise got greedy and used my wife's personal debit card to "collect" on the debt owed WITHOUT our authorization! One of the manager's obtained the debit card information from a previous rental car transaction.

We worked with Bank of America to clear up the issue, so they reversed the withdrawals, but then proceeded to take them again two months later after Enterprise supposedly proved they could collect the funds.

We were told by a Bank Account Manager that they would credit the funds again, over $4, 200.00, in two business days. It has been over one month now, and they have only credited half of the above amount. I have spent probably 16+ hours to resolve this issue, and yet it still goes on! I am so angry at B of A right now. Our funds are frozen and we cannot use any of our monies, and have not been able to for over a month. They say that they protect their customers...they are full of themselves and lie so easily. We may have to get a lawyer involved.

Comments

• Jg
      4th of May, 2009

The first mistake...on getting it reversed the first time your wife should have had that debit card cancelled. No further transactions could be made using that debit card number. I don't know about the US debit cards, but in Canada, you can't make a debit card transaction without entering your pin number. Enterprise should not have had your wife's PIN number.

At this point, I would open a new bank account and transfer the bulk of funds to that, and don't leave enough in the old account to cover any payments to Enterprise - leave just enough to keep the account open. Once you manage to get the rest refunded to the old account, transfer that and close the old account completely.