Bank Of America / false overdraft fees

1 Conroe, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-432-1000

On June 11, 2008 I was charged for four overdraft fees. My checkbook register and the on-line statement provided by B of A agreed. However; the on-line statement the bank actually uses disagreed by $44.33 I contacted BofA and asked for an explanation of the disagreement. The rep and eventually the supervisor I spoke with could not provide an explanation. All they could keep saying is that I made a mistake in my register. Ok, but how did I make a mistake with their on-line statement? They/she refused to refund the fees. As a result I am unable to get medicine for my diabetes or the appropriate groceries for my condition. Instead the money I have coming in goes to their fees. It is their mistake. In my opinion I believe they (BofA) manipulate the accounts that are getting low to accomplish the gaining of fees.

Comments

• Sh
      18th of Aug, 2008

I feel your pain.In June I was charged 2 overdraft fees For no apparent reason was not refunded my money.In August they have charged me 290.00 in overdraft they did however credit 245.00 back to me just to turn around and take out 35.00 more the following day.I had money in my account until the overdraft fees. I would just like to Know what is going on with Bank of America? I was told by a banker that they are just trying to catch up with people trying to cheat the system.I think someone needs to catch up with them for cheating America.I know that to a big bank it is just pocket change to take $35.00or $300.00 but to us it is a tank of gas, Medicine, and food for our families.Thanks alot Bank of America.

• St
      21st of Sep, 2008

Not only do I agree, I have proof. I will be filing the appropriate complaints against B of A, but do not expect any action.
    2 months ago they charged me $105.00 overdraft fees for a .70 cent error, which by the way was for them posting a $2.98 charge for accidental death insurance. When I called to cancel the ADD, I was told I did not have ADD. Not only did they fraud me on this, I was, told they would not refund the 8 months of $2.98 ADD debits because they were "over 60 days old". They did refund 2 months. WOW, Thanks!. Now, this past week, they have again charged me $105.00 in overdraft fees when, according to their own web site, I was NEVER overdrawn, even after their theft on $105.00. I am on disability and have already stopped taking several medications due to expense. This certainly doesn't help! They could care less! I will GLADY due leg work for any attorney that has the guts to file a class action suite.