Banfield Wellness Plan / can not cancel

Banfield Pet Hospital Optimum Wellness Plan
Last November (2014) we adopted a puppy, which it turned out we were not able to keep. We only had the puppy for one week!! I emailed Banfield to cancel my plan explaining to them what had happened. I did not receive any response for 2 days. Then they emailed me to say I owed $169.47 for services already rendered, and that my plan was set to expire December, 2015. They said they could continue my auto deductions for 6 months to satisfy that balance, which I agreed was ok, and just to reiterate I asked that they go ahead and cancel my plan effective immediately, not December, 2015. Why would I need it? Fast forward to summer of 2015, and my bank account has been hit twice by Banfield for the monthly payments, eventhough the Banfield rep. specifically said my balance for services rendered would be paid by June! Naturally I began trying to contact them. I made repeated email and phone requests to explain to me why they were still deducting money from my account for a plan I cancelled in writing on Saturday, December 6, 2014, at 5:27 pm (est), via email. I've held the line for 30 minutes several times, been told someone would call me back but never heard from them again, been told I'd have to hold for a supervisor and held for them about 10 minutes when their phone system cut me off and no one called back, called back again and put into another long call cue, sent a couple of emails, etc., and it was starting to see impossible to find someone speak with about a refund, which is clearly due! When I did finally get a call back, the Banfield Rep help firm that their letter stated I'd need to call and cancel. I explained to her that I did follow up their email (and my written cancellation request) with a phone call and during that phone call they said I'd need to pay the balance for services rendered, which I agreed to. I explained I was giving them full verbal notice that I wanted my plan cancelled immediately. All I got was alot of reiteration of the letter and apparently there was no written documentation or record of my phone conversation. As of now there is still no resolution but they are going to pull the recorded conversation to see if they were clear ( or not ) about needing to call back in June to cancel, so still no refund!
Aug 11, 2015