Banfield, The Pet Hospital (Inside Petsmart) / malpractice
I brought my cat to Banfield, The Pet Hospital, in Burbank, Illinois, on January 4, 2007, because he was ill and in distress. He was diagnosed by Dr. Anupama Muddasani with a urinary tract infection and sent home with antibiotics. His condition continued to worsen and I brought him back to Banfield on January 9th. He was seen by Dr. Jatinder Singh Dhanoa and was again sent home and I was told to continue antibiotics. After his condition worsened even further, in desperation I took him to another animal hospital on January 13th and he was immediately diagnosed with a completely different (neurological) problem, for which he received proper treatment and is now well. All of the information that the second hospital used to make this diagnosis was available to Banfield in their initial test results. I attempted to contact Banfield in person and via telephone, fax and e-mail on 15 occasions regarding a refund and never received a response. I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, which they ignored as well.
My cat was misdiagnosed on two separate occasions, for which I paid a total of $438.45. I paid for a proper diagnosis and treatment of my cat, which I did not receive. Above and beyond economic damage, my cat was suffering from a RUPTURED DISC in his back, not a URINARY TRACT INFECTION and was in excruciating pain for two weeks longer than necessary.
More Banfield, The Pet Hospital (Inside Petsmart) Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history! 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off! 
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - availability
- Banfield Pet Hospital - double charge
- Banfield Pet Hospital - negligent and unethical behavior - they caused the death of our english bulldog
- Banfield Pet Hospital - fraud and intentional misrepresentation
- Banfield Pet Hospital - scheduling & management attitude