ADVERTISIMENT

Fri:7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat:7:00 am - 7:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Banfield Pet Hospitalinjury to pet

My pet (an 18 lb. black/brown Miniature Pinscher) was dropped off at 8:00 a. m. for an annual wellness visit. I was called at
12:05 p. m. to pick him up because he was behaving aggressively and had bit the doctor. I arrived at approximately 12: 20 p. m. As we were leaving, I noticed blood on the dog's face. I returned and asked to speak with the doctor to find out what happened. The doctor claimed it was probably his blood because he had been bitten. I told him I would call once I arrived home to see what the true cause was. The blood was from a small gash on my dog's face. My dog wouldn't even allow me to examine or clean the wound. My dog had to sit in a cage for over 4 hours before being seen. Perhaps this caused the aggressive behavior? A clinic should have a basic understanding of the different types of breeds they serve. I am wondering if this clinic has that training. I asked that this incident be recorded in his file.

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
    • Sl
      slynn1 Mar 05, 2014

Banfield is known for its inexperienced vets, over scheduling of appointments, price gouging, being uncaring, apathetic, negligence, and rushing care. Find a new vet for your dog.

Banfield - Dallastraumatized my dog

Do not ever take your pets here. I took my dog in today for a vaccination. I've been taking her to Banfield for around 8 months. I should have known something was wrong when the receptionist came to leash her and she submissive urinated; she hasn't submissive urinated since she was a puppy. I've taken her to other vets with no problem, no fear and no submissiveness. When I came to pick her up, she was stressed, fearful and walking with her tail tucked and head down. This is very unusual for her, she is normally a happy, friendly dog and has never returned to me in this condition from other vets. Now, she is very fearful of men, submissive urinates and won't go near them. If a man approaches her she tucks her tail and head and hides. When I went to complain, I discovered a male nurse took care of my dog and while I was there another women was there with the same complaint of her dog being fearful of men after taking him there. I shudder to think of what happened to my dog there to turn her into this. Before this vet visit she has never been fearful of men nor has submissive urinated since she was puppy. Please do your dog and yourself a favor and choose another vet.

Comment Guidelines