Balsam Hill Christmas Tree / Tree looks nothing Like Picture

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I bought the tree in the middle of the year the picture of the tree was this full amazing full tree beautiful - a 600.00 plus tree on sale for 50% - mid year sale - and of course Oprah (i knew then I should have been weary) endorses the company. Well Christmas has come - in the middle of decorating my mother in law passes away - this tree is the skinnies thing you will ever see - the middle pole is like rainbow in color - I spent a total of 12 hrs "fluffy" this tree and nothing can make this "Charlie Brown" tree come alive - it is so skinny it is sad - well all they can say is tough - sorry - to bad - a %349.50 investment and mind you this is an investment gone BAD - I am not asking for a refund mind you - I am asking for another tree - BUT NO way - you got this lousy tree lady to bad. What kind of service is that - ROTTEN - I say - stay away from Balsam Hill or if you are Buying - IMMEDIATELY open up the package and get the tree out and look it over carefully - you most probably WILL be disappointed.

My

Comments

• Ba
      21st of Dec, 2010

Balsam Hill Trees - Bad Quality & No Customer Service - 12' VERMONT SPRUCE

This is a nightmare of a company to deal with. I have personal experience of buying a 12' tree from Balsam Hill at a cost of around $2000. The biggest mistake I made last year. Once you have bought your Christmas tree from them it all goes downhill from then on. Lights burn out and whole sections stop working. They have very little technical support and customer service is there just to blow you out. That's if you are lucky enough to speak to anyone. They always seem to have some kind of excuse and are happy to tell you that you will get a call-back. You never do. The light bulbs on their trees are unique to them so when you get a problem you have to try (and 'try' is the key word) to get replacements. That doesn't happen. If you attempt a credit card chargeback they place your file on an internal blacklist because they moke note about everything. They have the nerve to say their customer's are rude, when that is not true. Balsam Hill is a shady outfit. The internet is full of negative reviews about this company. Just go Google the words "Balsam Hill Complaint" and you will see dozens of complaints. The Better Business Bureau has them listed with over 50 recent complaints. Even the Facebook page of Balsam Hill is full of unhappy customers (until they delete the comments). My advice is to stay away from Balsam Hill and their web site www.balsamhill.com because their products are nothing but trouble. One of their customers has even built a web site about them warning others to stay away. It is www.balsamhillsucks.com

• Yo
      24th of Dec, 2010

We purchased in 2007. I think the original poster got off lucky! I paid full price for mine and it is the most deformed looking thing. Each section tilts in a different direction that I am amazed that all of the pieces can connect. Our tree actually does pass as a real tree only because no one can believe that a company would intentionally make something so freakishly crooked. It would be funny if not for the outrageous price tag of 700. plus dollars for an 8' tree. The customer service for this company is the worst and, frankly, I'm surprised that they are still in business. I've seen trees in Big Lots that were prettier than mine. Thank goodness there are so many lights on it that it can literally blind you to the imperfection...OK, not really...it's still freakishly crooked.