Balsam Hill / False Advertising

I wish I had found this website before ordering two artificial Christmas trees from this company. These people are criminals and they know it. The photographs they show on their website do not come close to representing the actual appearance of their products. I wouldn't be surprised if this equates to "bait and switch". Website photos are beautiful. Trees are full and dense. You cannot see the "trunk", or through the tree at any point. Actual trees are thin. "Trunk" is totally visible. You can see through every portion of the tree.

Unfortunately, I found out to late. I going to cost me $100-$150 to return the low quality trees they sent me. They advertise having the most luxurious trees, crafted to exceed expectations. Their trees come from China! I did not find this out till after they arrived. They also lead you to believe the entire trees are fully hinged, they are not.

That's my sorry story about my online tree shopping experience. Save yourself a lot of pain. Find a tree locally you can see in person.

Rich W. - Apex, NC

Rw

Comments

• Mi
      Nov 27, 2010

Have to agree with you. I bought a Vermont Spruce which was supposed to be their top of the line. This company is really a scam. I had problems after just 1 season of use. We donated the tree and bought one from Tree Classics this year instead. Live and learn I suppose.

• Ba
      Dec 21, 2010

This is one of the worst e-commerce retailers out there. They just don't care about their products or their customers. I spent $2000 on a 12' tree from Balsam Hill. It arrived defective and has continuous lighting problems. This year more than 2000 out of the 4000 light bulbs do not work. Balsam Hill just says, oh well, you have to do maitenence now and again. The tree was bought at the end of 2009. Its in its second season this year. Balsam Hill is full of excuses and promises to call you back or send spare parts. Its all false promises. Once they have your money they just don't care. The Better Business Bureau shows dozens of complaints about Balsam Hill. Actually, all you have to do is Google the words "Balsam Hill Complaint" or "Balsam Hill Reviews" and you will find hundreds of unhappy customers. One customer has a dedicated web site called www.balsamhillsucks.com ! Please, do not but a Christmas tree from Balsam Hill. It will be the worst experience you have. Its a shame the recession didn't wipe-out this shady outfit!