Bally Total Fitness Englewood Cliffs, NJ / Nasty Desk People

Bally Total Fitness Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Englewood Cliffs
I too was scammed by this company many years ago. I was in high school, and when I joined I wanted to make sure that I would be able to cancel my membership because I was going to go to college out of state. One of the "trainers" (really a sleezy salesman) assured me that all I had to do to cancel was to tell them that I was moving. When I tried to cancel, they said I needed to move where there wasn't a gym within 50 miles, something that the salesman that sold me the membership conveniently failed to mention. How these people live with themselves taking advantage of high school students.

To make matters worse, the desk people working at the gym I go to are really rude and disrespectful. For some reason, my care all of a sudden stopped working and a lady at the desk after getting off her personal phone call just took my card away. After trying to explain how I have been using my cards for years, she ignored me and said she was just doing her job. Now, I have to pay $10 for a new card after she took my card away! I'm going to have to find a new gym to go to.

A  19th of Jan, 2010 by
utterly disgusting... this place has poor management, its over crowded, and very unsanitary bathrooms. machines break and stay broke for weeks at a time, garbage is always overflowing, and the place flat out stinks. I got conned into a 3 year contract with these scam artists. I am counting the days till my contract is up.
N  1st of Oct, 2014 by
I have no complaints about the staff of Bally in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. They were professional. My complaint is with the closing of the location in a short notice. The staff said that they could not get their leave renew and that they were seeking another location about two miles but could not let us know where because the lease was not signed. It been three months and no one knows where and when. 24 Hour Fitness is now opening in the same location and I wonder if they acquired Bally in Englewood Cliffs as they had in other location.