Baer's furniture / damaged furniture!

United States Review updated:
We were scheduled to move into a new home April 1, 2007 and ordered furniture from Baer's in mid-March (Approximately $25,000). All the dining room seats were damaged. Workmanship on upolstery was shoddy. The bedroom set's amoire was damaged. The kitchen chairs (4) and the bar stools(3) all had the wrong material ( I had special-ordered a particular fabric.) The bar stools also had different legs that were a different color, design and a totally different wood than the arms. There have been unlimited calls to the store, customer service and my sales rep (Marjorie Sapanaro) I have had to call back several times before someone would speak to me or return my calls. When they return your call, there is never an apology, only excuses.

It took three delivery trips before I received all my dining room chairs in good condition. It is now August 7 and I still don't have the amoire or the kitchen chairs or bar stools. I am scheduled for another delivery today and I have doubts that the furniture will be correct. I would not recommend this company to any of my friends or anyone in our development.

I will follow up to this complaint to advise how the delivery goes today.

A  14th of Nov, 2007 by
Baers furniture has nice stuff, but beware if anything goes wrong. There service and policies are terrible. If you buy use a credit card so you can dispute.
A  7th of Feb, 2008 by
I ordered a complete bedroom set back in October 2007 from Baers furniture store but requested to have delivery in December. Painting & flooring had to be taken care of first. My experience was nothing short of a nightmare. From the start they brought the wrong size bedrails which would fit a California King bed which I did not have. It took them 5 tries to get the right and undamaged rails to me 7 weeks later. I lost pay due to having to take time off from my job 3 different days, to only have a failed delivery. Messages were left with Larry Baer who's voice mail said all calls will be returned within 48hrs. Well the coward never did call after leaving 2 messages.
Needless to say, the warehouse customer service was the worst ever and I promise I will never shop at Baers again . Truly lousy customer satisfaction!! Bewarned!

A  21st of Feb, 2008 by
I can't believe that my experience is almost identical to the previous postings. We ordered a headboard, dresser and nightstand. Instead of a headboard, they delivered a footboard. After several calls to the store, leaving messages and not getting return calls, I asked to speak with the manager. He was not available, so I left a VM message. Never got a return call. He's Mr. Baer's nephew. Finally after additional attempts, got a call back from the salesperson who generated a re-order. After two more weeks of waiting, a headboard shows up - KING instead of a QUEEN! I called customer service, explained my problem, told them that I didn't want to talk directly to the store since they don't return calls, and instead wanted to talk to the customer service manager. That person was on the phone,' but I was promised a call back in 5 minutes. I said "are you sure, 5 minutes?" and expressed my doubt that would happen. Sure enough, I NEVER got a call back.

We're still waiting for the QUEEN headboard. If not here this Saturday, they can expect a CC disputed charge for entire bedroom set.

The company is truly disfunctional, and unfortunately a reflection of top management/ownership.
A  21st of Feb, 2008 by
Oh, one additional point. The WRONG headboard shows up C.O.D! When everything had been paid for in advance. And their office couldn't correct the mistake.. terrible service and organization.
A  15th of Feb, 2010 by
We began our fiasco with Baers back in 2004, We purchased approximately $20, 000 worth of furniture from them. Our experiences mirror all of the other consumers' experiences articulated in this forum (damaged goods delivered time after time, incorrect items delivered, non-responsive and/or rude replies, ever changing managers that we dealt with and finally a blase' attitude from David Baer himself in the Sarasota store.) As part of our purchase in 2005, we bought a matching Natuzzi leather sofa and loveseat combo. As an add-on, we purchased the protective coating. In 2008 we began to notice cracking and roughness of the leather. We called and were told that Stain Safe, the company they had an agreement with, would send out a representative to inspect the damage. After saying that the sofa just needed to be cleaned with soap and water instead of the specially purchased cleaner and conditioner from Baers that we used diligently, he proceeded to make a mess of the sofa and finally said it needed to be replaced. We were contacted by Baers and GUESS WHAT! they don't have the same sofa. What they offered to do was exchange the sofa for one costing the same and give us 50% off of a new love seat. Of course just about every item in the store is 50% off of suggested retail therefore we would effectively just be purchasing even more furniture from them. They would not budge on price for a love seat! We are appalled that in this time of economic duress in the retail industry that Baers continues to operate with the same disregard for customer relations. We will do every thing in our power to ensure that word of their method of operation is made known to as many people as we can. I can only hope that through "word of mouth" Baers will feel the impact of their contempt for the customer and it will be reflected in their bottom line.
N  22nd of Oct, 2010 by

Baers Furniture - Damaged Furniture
Baer's Furniture

Beware of this company. When they deliver furniture the delivery men call the store and make you talk to a representative who wants to know if everything is OK. Carefully inspect all pieces, removing drawers and looking over everything very carefully. Otherwise when you find damage they will use the phone call to deny responsibility. I received a bedroom set and everything looked ok upon first glance. When I started to put clothes in the dresser I noticed that 2 drawers were crooked and there was a small area of marred finish near the bottom. I called and asked that they come out and adjust the drawers and fix the finish damage. After a month and at least4 phone calls someone finally came and looked at the piece. He removed the drawers and saw that the piece had obviously been dropped and the whole left side was damaged. An attempt to repair had been made in an unsatisfactory manner. He called Baer's and for about the fifth time I heard about the delivery phone call where I said everything appeared ok. I was told I would receive a call about repairs shortly. After over 5 weeks had elapsed and several phone calls to customer service, having been hung by one service rep, I was told they would be picking up the piece for repairs. I'm not holding my breath waiting for a phone call scheduling the pickup. Stay away from this store.

Baer's Furniture Logo Baer's Furniture