Bad Boy Burlington Store / Questionable business ethics

1 Burlington, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

We visited the Burlington store, and purchased a front load washer and dryer and left a 30 % deposit of $596.00. The next day we were
called and told the units we purchased were the last of their kind and were floor models only, even though they were not marked as such.

We returned the call and said my wife didn't want floor models and that we wanted to cancel the order. The salesman said no problem, we could come in and have our deposit refunded. Two days later, I went in to pick up the refund, credit slips were filled out, when the sales manager Scott came over and suggested he could put the floor models in boxes and I could just tell my wife they were new.

When I declined, he went to a computer and announced another customer had magically postponed their order, and that he had a
new unit available. I told him I didn't believe him, that he might just send out the floor models in new boxes...and he said..."we don't cancel. " I asked if he was saying he wasn't refunding my money, (remember the refund slips were already filled out by his staff) and he repeated " we don't cancel."

They didn't refund my money and they didn't offer a credit note. I faxed a letter to the general manager, and emailed a copy to
badboy's service dept...and who has responded? NOoooooobody!!!

We have purchased a new more expensive unit from Home Depot
and the entire experience was fantastic in comparison.

Comments

• We
      23rd of Apr, 2011

I bought a bedroom set from the Burlington store. What a nightmare, the bed was incomplete, the whole set had little holes all over it. I was told it was a finish..lol. Holes as a finish. I was calling them from 11 am and waiting for them to call back...they never did. The slates were missing parts. Iwas handed over to so many people, they were passing the buck. This famous Scott is to call me and see what is missing enevthough I told them what was missing for 6 hours, still I have to wait till bozo calls NEXT WEEK. I have a half finished bed and have to sleep on the floor till this idot calls then have to wait till BAD BOYS sends me the missing parts.I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THAT CRAP STORE EVER AGAIN. So not happywith them.