Avon / delayed billing rip off

1 Floyd, IA, United States Review updated:

I signed up with avon with thinking this is to good to be true. Instant credit, cheap books, $10.00 to start, delayed billing... Well it was. I ordered product for the christmas season and my sales were dismal. I send back what I didn't sell. Avon and I played the "shortages game" and when the games were done they said I owed $205.00 and some change. I was thinking ok they just need to settle all my returns. Wrong... I made the mistake of ordering watches on the delayed billing system. I returned these watches to avon along with the other items before they billed. I have called avon four times, wrote a letter with the invoices, circles and highlights that they asked for and still... They will not call, ad knowledge, or fix my invoice (Other than you owe us). So, what will happen is I will have to pay them and tell everyone I know what a low grade company avon is. And my district manager is a joke. She will email me telling me to place and order and pay (For what I do not owe or have). But, she will not help me to fix this problem (Even though she says "let me know if there is a problem so I can help). She is rude at the meetings and will not address the reps. Questions. They also added another $42.50 to my bill for not paying what I do not owe. Oh and when you call india for help... These people are as helpful as my district manager. I ordered product for six campaigns and have not made a dime with avon. I am not impressed with the products (There is a reason it is cheap) , and do not recommend selling their product unless you want end up paying in the end.

Comments

• De
      27th of Feb, 2010

I am in the middle of the same battle, however, Avon says they never received any of the items in the 4 boxes that I had sent throught UPS, even though I have all the tracking information.

This problem is apparently gone to the Legal Department, however, I am not able to get to read the two page e-mail that was sent to my District Manager on it. I am unit leader and they made me feel like a criminal.

I will be calling the President's office on Monday to find out if I am entitled to any information regarding my account.

Deborah

• Al
      4th of May, 2010

Avon sent me an email that my order had been mailed. What order? I received a huge box via UPS full of skin care items that Avon decided to send me on their "Delayed Billing" system. I have emailed them over and over telling them that I never placed an order. They said that I have to return the items and pay for the shipping. HUH? What kind of game are they playing anyhow? I told them to contact UPS and have them pick this box up pronto. I am so mad I can't see straight. What right do they have to use my account number to order products and then just send them to my house and expect me to either pay up or send them back? What a crazy company

5th of May, 2010

AVON has sent me to collections for 370.30. I returned products that were on delayed billing ( ten days before they billed). After letters, five phone calls requesting a detailed statement. I got a collection notice. Good Luck hope they don't rip off another person.

• Gi
      16th of Jun, 2011

i have been working as an avon rep for a week, i handed out brochures took in my orders and emailed them in. all looked good. I recieved my products and have been delivering them and recieving the payment, as i have been counting iv'e noticed its not quite right. i went over invoice with close scrutiny and noticed they have addaed an item that i have never recieved.
    so i'm expected to pay £9 for something i never ordered or recieved, thus leaving me with the grand total earnings of £7 and iv'e slogged it out for the past fortnight. fed up, irritated and annoyed! ram it avon

• Gi