Avis South Africa / re: overcharging, contract [protected].
On 21/06/2012 I hired a car from Avis (South Africa) from their East London office. I had earlier been given a quotation of 3937 South African rands(see below), and a total of R6708 with the holding deposit; the deposit was going to be refunded in full after I had returned the car without damage or ticket fines. To my surprise I was asked to pay R8000 when I went to collect the car on June 21, which I duly paid because I was desperate for transport. I was supposed to return the car on 22/07/2012 at 13.00 but I returned it on 23/07 at 08.00. For the last 3 weeks I have been battling to get my deposit back and I now resort to your office to help me get the money back.
Dear DM, TUTANI
13 June 2012
Thank you for affording us the opportunity to provide you with car rental.
Your reservation is confirmed as follows:
1 Month(s) & 1 Day(s)
EAST LONDON APT
EAST LONDON APT
Group A (KIA Picanto or similar)
KM per Month Included
Rate per add KM
Month 1 Estimate
1 Day Estimate
Estimated Monthly Authorization
Monthly Contract Fee
Collision Damage Waiver
Theft Loss Waiver
In the event of loss or damage to the vehicle, an amount is payable, subject to terms and conditions of the rental.
TP (Theft Protection)
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
More Avis South Africa Complaints & Reviews
- Avis Frankfurt Airport - avis frankfurt airport: unauthorized charges to credit card 
- Avis Car Rental France - improper charges
- Avis Car Rental - outrageous debit on car scratch 
- Avis - insurance fraud, hail damage 
- Avis Rent A Car System, Llc - because of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses! 
- Avis Rent A Car - over charge 
- Avis Budget Car Rental - unauthorized credit card charges/misrepresentation 
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - shuttle pick up at laguardia airport nyc
- Avis Rent A Car - lost and found / complaints process
- Avis Car Rental - overcharging credit card